PvP gear swapping (inventory to equip)

What the hell? Don't argue on my topic. If you want to fight like a little kid, do that in a private message. No one wants to see your online crusade.

This thread is a discussion about PvP gear swapping. Not about your little bouts of self righteousness and superiority.
Last edited by AleronDescends on Feb 20, 2014, 12:38:26 AM
[Removed by Support]
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by RoryC_GGG on Feb 20, 2014, 2:10:09 PM
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by RoryC_GGG on Feb 20, 2014, 1:52:45 PM
Can I have these two goobers put on probation? They're clearly ignoring the point of feedback threads. They're obstructing discussion with their meaningless nonsense.
"
Can I have these two goobers put on probation? They're clearly ignoring the point of feedback threads. They're obstructing discussion with their meaningless nonsense.

+1
Please refrain from off topic posts in this thread, further off topic replies will be removed.
No longer works at GGG
I feel like this is still a problem not widely recognized by most of the PvP community. It makes for a very tedious process that allows people to take advantage of certain uniques which can shut out some builds completely. Examples are Kaltenhalt and Ashrend in low level dueling, and Atziri's Mirror and Abyssus in high level dueling. Uniques are designed to have some sort of drawback for the large boost that it gives in a certain stat it provides. Allowing players to reap these benefits without feeling the drawbacks simply by swapping out the equips becomes tedious at best, and extremely unbalanced at worst. I want to raise awareness on this topic.

If you want to argue with me, I encourage you to quote me. That way things can be compared directly a lot easier.
Last edited by AleronDescends on Feb 21, 2014, 2:29:53 AM
GGG themselves have equated this to sideboards in magic (the card game) and IMO it has the effect of making matchups a lot more balanced in both games. Otherwise it becomes a guessing game of which items to equip before the match based on who the opponent will be. If you guess right, you have your answer to help vs whatever the opponent is doing, and if you guess wrong, youre at a disadvantage before the match even starts. If people were switching out their entire gear set frequently in matches I would agree here, but I havent seen anything even close to that and I really think pvp would be incredibly shallow without the ability to switch out items from your inventory.
"
I feel like this is still a problem not widely recognized by most of the PvP community. It makes for a very tedious process that allows people to take advantage of certain uniques which can shut out some builds completely. Examples are Kaltenhalt and Ashrend in low level dueling, and Atziri's Mirror and Abyssus in high level dueling. Uniques are designed to have some sort of drawback for the large boost that it gives in a certain stat it provides. Allowing players to reap these benefits without feeling the drawbacks simply by swapping out the equips becomes tedious at best, and extremely unbalanced at worst. I want to raise awareness on this topic.

If you want to argue with me, I encourage you to quote me. That way things can be compared directly a lot easier.

This is how high level pvp has/should be treated. Its been this way ever since items could drop and match ups had diversity and soft/hard counters to them. You can't expect full character load outs like its Tera or a FPS. But you also can't expect there to be 0 item swapping allowed mid duel. Even in games pre arena where FFA pvp was the thing you'd often head to town to swap items.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:
This is how high level pvp has/should be treated. Its been this way ever since items could drop and match ups had diversity and soft/hard counters to them. You can't expect full character load outs like its Tera or a FPS. But you also can't expect there to be 0 item swapping allowed mid duel. Even in games pre arena where FFA pvp was the thing you'd often head to town to swap items.

But wouldn't you feel PvP competitions would be so much more interesting if players had built in solutions to their builds? I want more balanced play to be promoted, not an imbalanced pursuit of an item/attack as long as you can abuse certain uniques in your inventory. I would say this was balanced had those unique items have a larger overall drawback to them, but Ashrend is not at all bad for pumcture builds in low level dueling, but still blocks out ignite builds completely. Meanwhile, Abyssus has almost no drawbacks against elemental builds in PvP in high level dueling. Do you see how these pieces of gear may force out certain builds without having drawbacks?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info