PvP gear swapping (inventory to equip)

Uniques. The point of them in giving such a huge bonus to a certain stat on your character is to provide a tradeoff. However, for me to bring an Abyssus and a high HP helm into PvP and experience the full benefit of both items, but not the downside of either, seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I don't want PvP to be a swapping war. I would like to see PvP be built around well balanced characters with multiple solutions to solve problems they may encounter while fighting in PvP. Sure, PvP may not be balanced yet, but at the very least I would like to see things headed in this direction. Swapping weapons to your 2nd set would be fine, in my opinion, since it allows for diversity. But to prepare a Rise of the Phoenix, Atziri's Mirror, Regular shield, and so on JUST for the shield slot seems ridiculous to me.

And so many people I discussed this with just flat out disagreed with me. I cannot for the life of my understand why people like PvP this way. It makes PvP tedious and insanely hard to balance, making any new unique item a potential disaster if this system is kept. What I ask for is that GGG may alter the system by which PvP functions, so that more relevant PvP balancing issues might not be overshadowed by what I consider a core flaw in the PvP system.

Another thing I may want to discuss later is allowing certain flask mods in PvP. Allowing a single mod to completely destroy a well thought out build (bleeding, curses, burning to name a few) does not seem like a good idea. And by destroying, I mean preventing any alternative options while pvping. But I think I'll hold off on that for another day.

And lastly, this is a discussion. Feel free to disagree with me, but do not try to discredit my thoughts with just insults. Noob cyka blyat.
man 1 and a half year and 0 fixes by ggg. i seriously lost hope now. if on 5 march there is nothing BIG on pvp scene i'll delete all my chars to be sure that i will never come back playing this game getting trolled by ggg.
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
"
tempallo wrote:
man 1 and a half year and 0 fixes by ggg. i seriously lost hope now. if on 5 march there is nothing BIG on pvp scene i'll delete all my chars to be sure that i will never come back playing this game getting trolled by ggg.

:/

Hope you could at least play the cutthroat races when they return... If they dont then I understand you.
This games pvp is baaaaarely even what you'd concider beta state. Sure the pvm keeps changing and getting balanced with newly fleshed out items/meta/areas etc.. But this pvp come on already. Im guilty of it as much as the next guy, I played it, theorycrafted and wasted my time until this point too. I invested my time and wasted tons of orbs to deal with the current state of the game. But think about it, this game as a whole changes bi-weekly and with it so does the meta of pvp to some degree. While the all too common 0 brain cell builds like RF/Puncture etc.. go relatively unchanged regardless of the game state. They have 0 legitimate answer (flasks and how they are handled currently are a joke, ya they are.) and degen damage vs regeneration is so heavily skewed that there is virtually 0 point in regenerating shit in pvp. Other things like shock/freeze/ignite/chaos resistence all so scarce or butcher your character just to deal with = straight shit. The pvp is fresh out of alpha and eventually going into some beta state when tournaments approach. A game that requires new item acquisition and tree changes bi-weekly plus still has limited to 0 answers to many of the abusable mechanics in pvp....is like chasing your tail. Its only feasible if you're heavily into RMTing, even if you're a nolifer you're dealing with the RNG side of things. My advice to anyone who isn't going to cry about this post. Stop worrying about this shit until the game is actually done. Right now you're better off getting levels/currency hording or just quitting til a better time. Trust me there is better shit to do then try to stick a circle into a square hole because the circle hole isn't even there yet.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Feb 18, 2014, 7:16:41 PM
"
MullaXul wrote:
This games pvp is baaaaarely even what you'd concider beta state. Sure the pvm keeps changing and getting balanced with newly fleshed out items/meta/areas etc.. But this pvp come on already. Im guilty of it as much as the next guy, I played it, theorycrafted and wasted my time until this point too. I invested my time and wasted tons of orbs to deal with the current state of the game. But think about it, this game as a whole changes bi-weekly and with it so does the meta of pvp to some degree. While the all too common 0 brain cell builds like RF/Puncture etc.. go relatively unchanged regardless of the game state. They have 0 legitimate answer (flasks and how they are handled currently are a joke, ya they are.) and degen damage vs regeneration is so heavily skewed that there is virtually 0 point in regenerating shit in pvp. Other things like shock/freeze/ignite/chaos resistence all so scarce or butcher your character just to deal with = straight shit. The pvp is fresh out of alpha and eventually going into some beta state when tournaments approach. A game that requires new item acquisition and tree changes bi-weekly plus still has limited to 0 answers to many of the abusable mechanics in pvp....is like chasing your tail. Its only feasible if you're heavily into RMTing, even if you're a nolifer you're dealing with the RNG side of things. My advice to anyone who isn't going to cry about this post. Stop worrying about this shit until the game is actually done. Right now you're better off getting levels/currency hording or just quitting til a better time. Trust me there is better shit to do then try to stick a circle into a square hole because the circle hole isn't even there yet.

TLDR - i suck at pvp
if you have the means to win, you should do it. gear swapping is part of pvp, i use to do it alot more than i do now but its not really a win if you beat someone because they cant switch to the gear they need to counter your strategy.
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
"
oowarpigoo wrote:
if you have the means to win, you should do it. gear swapping is part of pvp, i use to do it alot more than i do now but its not really a win if you beat someone because they cant switch to the gear they need to counter your strategy.

This is not a valid argument, because just being part of a game does not assure quality. I want PvP. Not gear wars. I can counter strategies perfectly without having to have different equips to swap. Building a flexible that utilizes efficient methods to counter other builds while still focusing on my main attack is what I want, not mindless building up on a single strategy and swapping items to continue doing the same thing over and over again.

Not only this, but you fail to address the problems I stated above.
"
Peapodsp wrote:
TLDR - i suck at pvp

The reason is absent with this one.
@MullaXul

I agree with the source of many of your frustrations. It makes me wonder who exactly manages the PvP scene if anyone at all. There's absolutely no feedback other than locking threads and forum moderation in the PvP Feedback section. This disheartens me greatly.

Can we have some transparency on this issue if any GGG members are reading?
"
@MullaXul

I agree with the source of many of your frustrations. It makes me wonder who exactly manages the PvP scene if anyone at all. There's absolutely no feedback other than locking threads and forum moderation in the PvP Feedback section. This disheartens me greatly.

Can we have some transparency on this issue if any GGG members are reading?

lol the threads are only locked because of trash talk that mulla well deserves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info