Why are racer servers so bad lately?

"
This is getting ridiculous. They need to allot more servers to races during week race or get rid of the cooldown on /oos. I died in BLAMT to a zombie that had not yet started his attack animation. I took a vaal smash in 100min fixed seed BEFORE vaal started his animation (survived with 8hp luckily)

Yeah this is really bugging me currently.

I receive invisible hits. In fact not to get hit by Dominus Soul Lightning I had to run within the souls.

I am potting visually after hits but it seems the server doesn't inform me on several hits or the packets come to late and I wonder why do I get butchered in places I usually have no problems with.

"
The 1 week does seem to have a massive impact on race servers.. I haven't had the insane lag that I posted on the original post yet this week in a race but playing on the Dom 1 week I am constantly teleported to areas I haven't walked to. :(

I really doubt there is an impact.

GGG uses barely any servers for races, so all 2-7k Steam players and 2-7k regular players will be moved to 4 servers.

"
Hilbert wrote:
I really doubt there is an impact.

GGG uses barely any servers for races, so all 2-7k Steam players and 2-7k regular players will be moved to 4 servers.

Just a coincidence..
"

Connecting to instance server at 37.58.89.23:6112

Connecting to instance server at 159.253.137.133:6112

Connecting to instance server at 37.58.89.13:6112

Connecting to instance server at 37.58.67.236:6112

Connecting to instance server at 37.58.67.236:6112

Connecting to instance server at 159.253.137.133:6112

Such Variance....

Especially Connecting to instance server at 37.58.67.236:6112 is really common.
Not that it matters, because I barely race anymore, but in the first solo race I did in weeks I can honestly say that the lag was ridiculous.

I had to /oos pretty much constantly to re-sync but ultimately died to exploders in cavern who were seemingly unaffected by my attacks (3 attacks went straight through them, it was an open field, I even hit my macro but didn't make a difference.)

Just as I'm thinking about starting to race again something like this happens, it's this cycle of negative experience that always pushes me away from the game, even though I want to enjoy and play it, really.

edit: Just saw that Swarox had the exact same problems this race and he lives fairly close to where I live (within a 500 mile radius I assume).
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Feb 19, 2014, 12:53:00 PM
Oh tell us something new recently I die 3/4 races. Pathfinding shit even managing to send me right into a skeleton mob at ledge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info