Getting cheap points with multiple characters

"
TheuberClips wrote:
"
reboticon wrote:
@Uber - what is that program you use in stream that records race times vs your best performance at particular points?

WSplit. I set up a file with actual splits in it and have Advanced Detail Window open.

Thanks!

"
Hilbert wrote:
It's clearly an exploit.

Post by Quarl:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/363729#p3227788

Chris also made one but have to check which forum(General/Gameplay/Feedback/Tech/Bug???? it was or if it was reddit.

But the status is "To be fixed later, while the fix would be easy just make HP based on party size and add/remove HP if somebody leaves/joins the party like Hillock drawing his sword but much faster.

"
They would also do that without the 1 player HP buff. I cannot imagine the runner up party not using that trick as well.

The runner ups were obviously solo or far smaller parties.

Like I said the shedule lacks variety and most players quit after hitting certain rewards such as 135 pts.
CT event-->No problem getting a party of 4-6.
Normal 2h+---->Meh too long.

I totally dislikes shedules like this. There are far too few interesting races.
Such as NPMP->I screwed up, first I had not a single saph ring at merv then I had no luck at items and I got killed. There isn't a single other one.

EL and DC gets boring because they are far too common.
Then there are several 60,90,120,135 no mod races--->Boring

There are tons of suggestions how to make races more interesting. For example start a void race with level 24 for example.
A racemode where you have to use different gems instead of always the sames.
Or how about a mode where level 24-31 gems become level 1-12 gems.

It's like the devs totally forgot why they added race mods, while the reason was nobody liked Season 1 shedule which was pretty similar to this one with 4 slots and no mod/Signature races.

Qarl sees things as "good exploits" and "bad exploits" I'm not convinced he sees it as a bad exploit by his post, but I would like to see it changed.

Personally I think there are far too few DChampions, but it's possible there are just too few in the times I can race.

Most fun I have had this season was the lethal rogue race.I don't really care for races over ~100 mins, and I wish there were more BLAMT/lethal/etc. Really have no use for 3 hour party races.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
The considered "bad exploits" receive hotfixes really fast and don't even get mentioned in patch notes.

Such as the Caustic Flask in Town+CI server crash,the Scouring Flask = No ilvl flask-->Hallowed in 28 PVP or the Cold to Fire damage overflow.

There were more I am sure since I heard several rumors such as an exploit using eternal orbs.

"
Personally I think there are far too few DChampions, but it's possible there are just too few in the times I can race.

If the first 3 areas would be more linear and DC would continue after Gravicius sure. But the first 3 areas are as bad as BLAMT Terraces.(Not damangewise but running in a dead end is pretty much the same as getting hit in Blamt)
"
above post: u sure u didnt confuse it with endless ledge/descent where u can get points for multiple chars?

According to the rules, you are not allowed to get points for multiple chars in EL/D, either. While in non-EL/D you have to overtly break the rule, in EL/D everyone implicitly breaks it when they die, recreate, and reach a level bracket. I don't see them banning/probating 100% of the racing playerbase though.

This illuminates the absurdity of the rule (edit: post-Descent), given that it prevents us from practicing EL/D when we die. The rule actively tries to stop us from playing the game. :P I guess we could multi-account to not break the rule, never thought of that.

Clearly they didn't revisit/review the rules when introducing Descent, to see how points for dead characters interacted with them.

"
if this is an age old issue did ggg mention about it anywhere yet?

Not AFAIK.

"
Hilbert wrote:
Defending 1 player HP exploits and witchhunting pointfarmers is a double standard.

No, it isn't. One is allowed, and one is against the rules. Please stay on topic, jesus h. christ.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
Last edited by unsane on Feb 6, 2014, 7:37:36 AM
so according rules we all should be banned
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
shouldn't != mustn't

Player A would receive 6 Points if he plays normally, so he creates several low characters to receive 9 points.-->3 unrightful points

Player B is a glasscannon Damagedealer constantly abusing 1 player HP bosses. He received 10+ points abusing this exploit even 1 lightning attack by Vaal would kill him. I claim that a 6 player HP Vaal would have get him killed-->10+ unrightful points.

Don't get me wrong both are exploits and I want them both to be fixed. But I can't stand it if players known to be playing with obvious cheaters, abusing other exploits defend their exploits but want others to be punished.

I got several examples where the 1 player exploit prevents people from dying.

Splendid work detective Hilbert.
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
Doesn't really sit well with me that people who work hard to legitimately place on the top 20 are getting ousted by people abusing this shit.

It may be boring as fuck all to do, but its safer than people who push hard to achieve equivalent points. I can see at least one guy in the top 20 doing this. Does he really deserve to be there?
"
Lyralei wrote:
Doesn't really sit well with me that people who work hard to legitimately place on the top 20 are getting ousted by people abusing this shit.

It may be boring as fuck all to do, but its safer than people who push hard to achieve equivalent points. I can see at least one guy in the top 20 doing this. Does he really deserve to be there?

Isn't he there because of total number of races participated in, though?

I mean for someone to get top 20 overall they are going to get 7-10 points from levels consistently and 4-10 points from class place, for 11-20 points total. To beat even the low end of that someone would have to hit the second tier 3 times + 2 times the first tier or 4 times in a 2 hour.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
Lyralei wrote:

There's 2.

One of them has been doing it way more efficiently than the other. He had a 1 hour where he gained 13 points by creating 5 characters. Yes, 5.

The other one has missed a total of 5 races that I've counted so far.

There's a lot of fishy stuff going on here though, too.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
"
reboticon wrote:
"
Lyralei wrote:

Isn't he there because of total number of races participated in, though?

I mean for someone to get top 20 overall they are going to get 7-10 points from levels consistently and 4-10 points from class place, for 11-20 points total. To beat even the low end of that someone would have to hit the second tier 3 times + 2 times the first tier or 4 times in a 2 hour.

Yes. The point is that you either place reasonable well and win via volume or you place extremely well and win via high point/race ratios. Both have risks as to GET a reasonable placement, you would have to push and progress.

This however is circumventing that risk and farming easy zones (repeatedly). One can easily do the 4-5 point bracket multiple times within the same hour. That kind of player has no business being in the top 20.

There's no excuse to this given the rules are clearly linked in EVERY race thread. Don't need to ban them. Set their points to negative (however much they abused) for every forthcoming season.
Last edited by Lyralei on Feb 6, 2014, 11:41:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info