Getting cheap points with multiple characters

Yeah ive died a couple times in EL or DC around 10-12 (still early enough to restart), reached 17-18 on the second character and then gotten paid for both, often earning quite a few more points than id have received for just hitting 22-23 and being #5-10 in class.

Quite the counterintuitive system there, though not out of line with the main leagues when you think about it- similar to grinding easy areas and trading being so much more profitable than running hard maps.
IGN: KoTao
"
Hilbert wrote:
Define exploiting.

Terrex #1 I found:
1 Hr Descent Champions (S06F076)
> Reached level 22
> Reached level 11
> 17th Scion
> Defeated Rukuku in Descent Champions
> Defeated The Brute in Descent Champions
> Defeated Hatestorm in Descent Champions
> Defeated General Gravicius in Descent Champions
Clearly exploiting!!!!

This was my favorite descent champs. Died to brutus, made a second character and I was FIRST person to kill General, even after starting a char 15 mins in.
Double post ;[
Last edited by terrex on Feb 5, 2014, 9:50:16 AM
"
Can be hard to tell when you are serious, so you do realize that in champions/endless ledge, you still get points for reaching X level when you die, and that is what happened in (probably) every one of the cases you listed? I can't say every one for sure because I'm not looking up every character, but in the couple I did look up, that is what happened.

Of course I wasn't serious but you will barely find any higher players without unrightful points.

But on the other side you can argue because of high tier maphack use, 1 player HP exploit(especially in Turbo or 3h this is a big deal)

A non tagged dominus consumes far more time than a tagged one and the diffence in difficulty is huge.
I can defeat a 1 player HP dominus with crafted level 22/23 weapons in some minutes without major problems but a 6 players dominus won'T go down so easily, even you use 6 players somebody might die to suicide bombers.

Defending 1 player HP exploits and witchhunting pointfarmers is a double standard.
It's obvious that some high tier players are cheating because there is next to no difference between fixed seed and a normal race and those are the runners in the 1 player HP exploiting parties.
One of them selfowned himself by using an illegal autohotkey spamscript on stream.

I am for a highest character only rule but I also want other exploits getting fixed.

The only way to fix this would be a another RP system like level*difficulty factor= points
Classranking points = 25, 20, 18, 17......
First X points = 2 Pts for first of class 1 pts for 2nd of class.

This would just be an example but I would prefer an ELO system anyway.
"
above post: u sure u didnt confuse it with endless ledge/descent where u can get points for multiple chars?

i think ggg would probably only patch this out in the next season. this season has gone too far long with this "bug" running already.

if this is an age old issue did ggg mention about it anywhere yet?

Definitely not. These people are doing it in Signature races, competitive races, every single race possible thats not BLAMT or something thats hard to level in. The thing is that they actually need to keep these characters alive in those races as well, making is very obvious that they're doing it on purpose.

There were a few past 75 that were only getting it in Descent Champions and such, so I dismissed those cases. But if I remember correctly, all 12 of those 75 are doing it in signatures and competitives.

I also like how one of them got top 20 in a class in a 90 minute turbo solo by leveling to 14 lol
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Last edited by TheuberClips on Feb 5, 2014, 3:48:24 PM
"
I also like how one of them got top 20 in a class in a 90 minute turbo solo by leveling to 14 lol

Late Aus/NZ Time races with harder modes.

"
Hilbert wrote:

Of course I wasn't serious but you will barely find any higher players without unrightful points.

But on the other side you can argue because of high tier maphack use, 1 player HP exploit(especially in Turbo or 3h this is a big deal)

I'm not sure the 1 player hp thing is an "exploit" but it does make it shitty to solo in party races. That recent 2 hour turbo rogue was a good example of that. It looked like Greatone/helman/hybriis/green dude/ mors and maybe someone else all partied with a different class and just destroyed everyone else. I guess that is why they have party races and solo races, though.

@Uber - what is that program you use in stream that records race times vs your best performance at particular points?
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Last edited by reboticon on Feb 5, 2014, 5:30:11 PM
"
reboticon wrote:
I'm not sure the 1 player hp thing is an "exploit"

I ams ure Hilbert has a strong opinion on this one :P.

"
reboticon wrote:
That recent 2 hour turbo rogue was a good example of that. It looked like Greatone/helman/hybriis/green dude/ mors and maybe someone else all partied with a different class and just destroyed everyone else.

They would also do that without the 1 player HP buff. I cannot imagine the runner up party not using that trick as well.
"
reboticon wrote:
@Uber - what is that program you use in stream that records race times vs your best performance at particular points?

WSplit. I set up a file with actual splits in it and have Advanced Detail Window open.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
It's clearly an exploit.

Post by Quarl:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/363729#p3227788

Chris also made one but have to check which forum(General/Gameplay/Feedback/Tech/Bug???? it was or if it was reddit.

But the status is "To be fixed later, while the fix would be easy just make HP based on party size and add/remove HP if somebody leaves/joins the party like Hillock drawing his sword but much faster.

"
They would also do that without the 1 player HP buff. I cannot imagine the runner up party not using that trick as well.

The runner ups were obviously solo or far smaller parties.

Like I said the shedule lacks variety and most players quit after hitting certain rewards such as 135 pts.
CT event-->No problem getting a party of 4-6.
Normal 2h+---->Meh too long.

I totally dislikes shedules like this. There are far too few interesting races.
Such as NPMP->I screwed up, first I had not a single saph ring at merv then I had no luck at items and I got killed. There isn't a single other one.

EL and DC gets boring because they are far too common.
Then there are several 60,90,120,135 no mod races--->Boring

There are tons of suggestions how to make races more interesting. For example start a void race with level 24 for example.
A racemode where you have to use different gems instead of always the sames.
Or how about a mode where level 24-31 gems become level 1-12 gems.

It's like the devs totally forgot why they added race mods, while the reason was nobody liked Season 1 shedule which was pretty similar to this one with 4 slots and no mod/Signature races.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info