Racing system biased towards top winners

"
Sodam_Insane wrote:
Just thought I'd quote OP from another thread:

"
Antistes wrote:

you don't need to race if you think the system is unfair

I don't see why GGG or the community should take your threads seriously when you make posts like that on others.

the other thread was about the lottery system during races, so don't take my words out of context.
Wait, what? Be a good player and play a lot and be rewarded? OH NO!
I Find Top people seem to gain too much points. and too much stuff( each point = 1 chance to win in those special item drafts ). there shouldn't be so many demigods around there's WAY to many and there just being hoarded. seems pointless to give out so many of the demigod items, seriously sup with that? there's SO many and only the tops have chests full. xD other then that tops need to be rewarded well or else whats the point? just stop giving out demigods XD
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
Last edited by Sawm on Feb 4, 2014, 3:31:40 PM
"
Sawm wrote:
I Find Top people seem to gain too much points. and too much stuff( each point = 1 chance to win in those special item drafts ). there shouldn't be so many demigods around there's WAY to many and there just being hoarded. seems pointless to give out so many of the demigod items, seriously sup with that? there's SO many and only the tops have chests full. xD other then that tops need to be rewarded well or else whats the point? just stop giving out demigods XD

So, what you are saying is that the people that get first for each class should NOT get awarded demigods? What incentive is there then for being the best and racing to be first class? The bonus points are nice but if you place top you get a trophy, simple as that.

Also, the bonus prizes are usually only the first few items.. And for placing say top 3-5 ranger in a lot of races I hardly win anything and I am not bothered in the least for not winning these items. You really don't need more then 1 or 2 of these which anyone that puts in time in races will easily get.

Wassup with that?

"
terrex wrote:
"
Sawm wrote:

So, what you are saying is that the people that get first for each class should NOT get awarded demigods? What incentive is there then for being the best and racing to be first class? The bonus points are nice but if you place top you get a trophy, simple as that.

Also, the bonus prizes are usually only the first few items.. And for placing say top 3-5 ranger in a lot of races I hardly win anything and I am not bothered in the least for not winning these items. You really don't need more then 1 or 2 of these which anyone that puts in time in races will easily get.

Wassup with that?

Well you would still get the points towards season rewards and season demis.

I don't have a problem with how many there are, but I kind of think they should be account bound. It's lame to see people who have never won a race with stashes full of them.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
reboticon wrote:
Well you would still get the points towards season rewards and season demis.

I don't have a problem with how many there are, but I kind of think they should be account bound. It's lame to see people who have never won a race with stashes full of them.

I am fine with them being account bound. There does seem to be an excessive amount of races giving them this season, almost every race aside from Endless Ledge and Descent.. That is pretty dumb I will agree, only the signature should award it.
Last edited by terrex on Feb 4, 2014, 6:01:29 PM
lol............................ If you just watch one vod of a good racer you will have no reason to complain
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
"
Powster wrote:
lol............................ If you just watch one vod of a good racer you will have no reason to complain

Where is your vod I hear you call yourself the best
The thing is that the items you get from racing other than from reward points are OK at best. Sure the ilvl 100 amethyst ring CAN roll well... but the rewards pretty much go from Death Rush and Lower (except for the 1 week).

It's not like the top racers are getting rich off of these items. It's more like just collecting them so some day they will be worth a lot because they will be rare.

It's not that hard to race. It's fairly easy to get into top 50. I suggest those of you who are complaining take the time to learn racing (like a couple hours). Practice it a few times. Then start, you will find it isn't that difficult.
just play all races you can and you will be in top 20-30
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info