Racing system biased towards top winners

The current race system seems to be set up to help the rich get richer. It grants more favors to the select few top racers than it should.

Reasons:

1. Race scheduling - the 1-week race is the best example of how GGG allows best people to get even better results by not making a lot of races during 1-week race so that the top players don't miss out on any good races. Therefore, those not competing in 1-week have less of a chance to gather points and get good rewards

2. Lottery system - each point you receive is 1 lottery ticket, so the more points you get, the more chance you have for prizes. so people who get most of the prizes anyway, get even more from the biased lottery system.

Please GGG be fair to all with your racing system instead of just making it good for a select few.
"
SlixSC wrote:
Select top racer made me lol. Implying that there was some kind of draft and GGG went "yeah we will pick this guy and that guy..."

The truth is, anyone can be a "good" racer if they work hard enough. There is no selection there. Not withstanding of course that GGG is full of shit and season 7 is a joke, but to imply that top racers were selected or are somehow different to other people and the system was designed to benefit them specifically is bullshit.

There are lots of flaws in the system, this isn't one of them.

1 week races weren't scheduled to specifically benefit anyone, they just mess up the schedule for everyone. period.

Most top racers don't even compete in 1 week races, it was designed for no-lifers and I called that months ago. But given that Qarl doesn't know what he's doing it's not even surprising, it's just sad really.

You misunderstood, I did not imply that they are selected. I imply that by being the best they receive more benefits than they should. Like preferential treatment in race scheduling.

And I see most of the usual names from normal races in the 1-week.
"
SlixSC wrote:

Week races shouldn't have anything to do with normal racing, they shouldn't even be part of the race season. 1 week races and the scheduling of them is not the result of GGG catering to top racers, they are just catering to no-lifers and are being idiots.

They have created this problem of 1 week races messing up the schedule, I've presented a solution for that problem months ago and it was ignored. The problem here isn't GGG treating anyone with preference, they are just incompetent.

Different logic, but the result is the same when it comes to scheduling
"
Antistes wrote:
the result is the same when it comes to scheduling

of course, how else?! They try to attract as much as possible players to join these event(s) - so its obvious that they 'eliminate' as much as possible other "alternative" playing offers too.
I also have to adjust my 'goals' to the fact that there are 3 Weekends with nearly no (short) event...

For the 'lottery' issue: maybe it could be a better option to give just ONE ticket for anyone that recieves at least one point? But how to prevent using 3+ accounts for this?
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
Antistes wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:
Select top racer made me lol. Implying that there was some kind of draft and GGG went "yeah we will pick this guy and that guy..."

The truth is, anyone can be a "good" racer if they work hard enough. There is no selection there. Not withstanding of course that GGG is full of shit and season 7 is a joke, but to imply that top racers were selected or are somehow different to other people and the system was designed to benefit them specifically is bullshit.

There are lots of flaws in the system, this isn't one of them.

1 week races weren't scheduled to specifically benefit anyone, they just mess up the schedule for everyone. period.

Most top racers don't even compete in 1 week races, it was designed for no-lifers and I called that months ago. But given that Qarl doesn't know what he's doing it's not even surprising, it's just sad really.

You misunderstood, I did not imply that they are selected. I imply that by being the best they receive more benefits than they should. Like preferential treatment in race scheduling.

And I see most of the usual names from normal races in the 1-week.

Most of the usual names? I see maybe 6-7 people who regularly do well in shorter races in the top 40 of that race. Not only are you overstating your case but you are drawing a connection where there really isn't one.

One week races were not designed with "top racers" in mind, because (I would argue) the majority of racers who do (well in) shorter races have next to no interest in a week-long grind.

Week races shouldn't have anything to do with normal racing, they shouldn't even be part of the race season. 1 week races and the scheduling of them is not the result of GGG catering to top racers, they are just catering to no-lifers and are being idiots.

They have created this problem of 1 week races messing up the schedule, I've presented a solution for that problem months ago and it was ignored. The problem here isn't GGG treating anyone with preference, they are just incompetent.

This is truth. 1 week is pretty lame that it is part of the season.
I agree with you two. One week race in the race events is a fault. And that ggg is reducing the races for normal racers in this time is verry poor in two ways. First i must work and have an "normal" life, so i have only a few timewindows i can race. If in this time is no race i cant earn point and prices i will reach are far away.

This is a big mistake for "normal" poe players.
And i have the feeling ggg ignore that people more and more in races. If i count the races there is a difference between the differnt timeszones.
I cant understand that. Why are not more races so that ALL people in ALL timezones can get the first 4 or 5 prices if they wont.
Why cant they make a one week race bevor and after the normal race season?

I hate the new system but thats not realy interesting to ggg.

So long

steve

excuse my bad english its not my natural language
"
I hate the new system but thats not realy interesting to ggg.

1 weeks during the season isn't a new system... they have been there since season 1, along with 1 month races. The latter have disappeared for a while though.

If that many people really want 1 weeks/1 months to be outside the season, they should make a good thread about it so GGG can see it at a glance. Rather than a post buried here and there in random threads.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
"
unsane wrote:
1 weeks during the season isn't a new system... they have been there since season 1, along with 1 month races. The latter have disappeared for a while though.

If that many people really want 1 weeks/1 months to be outside the season, they should make a good thread about it so GGG can see it at a glance. Rather than a post buried here and there in random threads.

did you read the first post? I'm starting to feel that noone read past the phrase "1-week races"

1-week races are ok, as long as they dont inflict the schedule so much. the number of races during that time was pitiful at best, so that the ones doing 1-week dont miss out on much. that's what worries me
"
Antistes wrote:
did you read the first post?

Yes.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
Just thought I'd quote OP from another thread:

"
Antistes wrote:

you don't need to race if you think the system is unfair

I don't see why GGG or the community should take your threads seriously when you make posts like that on others.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info