Race Reward Purchases Instead of Progression

"
terrex wrote:
"
reboticon wrote:
It would be nice if you could save your points across multiple seasons. While the 1000 reward points one requires getting some wins, one could theoretically get the 600 point ones right by if they just got to level 10 in literally every event. I have no chance of getting 1,000 points, because I'm not a terribly good racer, but even if I was there is no way my ork schedule would let me participate in enough races in a season given their current times. If someone is consistently getting top 10 (overall) finishes but just can't make it to enough races, they should probably still have a shot at some of the higher season rewards, no?

(I have no idea if there are still people who get top 10 in races and only participate occasionally, but I remember in season 3? there was one guy who finished top 3 in every race he did but he did less than 10 of em.)

I only see Zoroxo on for majority of the early morning races. Early morning be early morning for me on PST / west coast timezone. This includes like the 3am / 5am races til maybe noon my time. He just is so damn good at knowing exactly where to go every race, same times in fixed as normal. Hmmm. Don't plan to get first with this guy there.

[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
"
ZoRoXo wrote:
"
terrex wrote:
"
reboticon wrote:
It would be nice if you could save your points across multiple seasons. While the 1000 reward points one requires getting some wins, one could theoretically get the 600 point ones right by if they just got to level 10 in literally every event. I have no chance of getting 1,000 points, because I'm not a terribly good racer, but even if I was there is no way my ork schedule would let me participate in enough races in a season given their current times. If someone is consistently getting top 10 (overall) finishes but just can't make it to enough races, they should probably still have a shot at some of the higher season rewards, no?

(I have no idea if there are still people who get top 10 in races and only participate occasionally, but I remember in season 3? there was one guy who finished top 3 in every race he did but he did less than 10 of em.)

I only see Zoroxo on for majority of the early morning races. Early morning be early morning for me on PST / west coast timezone. This includes like the 3am / 5am races til maybe noon my time. He just is so damn good at knowing exactly where to go every race, same times in fixed as normal. Hmmm. Don't plan to get first with this guy there.

Feed da family!

I planned :)
IGN: Hybris_the_StormHerald - Nemesis
Season 3 - #3 Marauder - #15 overall points
Season 4 - #2 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #9 overall points
Season 5 - #1 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #20 overall points
the idea in general could offer one mainly advantage: you could decide to "jump" over some items you dont want/need or already have (if not minding the alternative art)

but on the other hand, reaching the most valuable reward(s) must be prevented from becoming too easy obtainable... its neither wished to have 'any' casual player get the top spot, nor having top racers multiple of them (with additional accounts)

"
unsane wrote:
Certainly the costs would have to be equal or greater than the current. Auxium for 1000 or more, not 375.

No, you must consider that you take none of the pre-lined items, so the efficient value is 400 points, plus some kind of penalty so maybe set to 500. An additional issue exists with items at the same efficient 'difference' - Perandus Blazon and Aurumvorax are both at 7, so you could (without a penalty) equally decide between both...

Other advantages are:
-it could deliver good information about what items people prefer
-unused points could be stored/remembered and used for items from a 'lifetime-pool'
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
No, you must consider that you take none of the pre-lined items, so the efficient value is 400 points, plus some kind of penalty so maybe set to 500.

But then everyone skips the 'low' uniques and gets the best one a lot faster/easier.

I don't like your proposal.
Current league chars: Bladestorm Champion SSF
"
terrex wrote:

Feed da family!

omnomnom
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]
"
ZoRoXo wrote:
"
terrex wrote:

Feed da family!

omnomnom

Such a trash item.
"
terrex wrote:
"
ZoRoXo wrote:
"
terrex wrote:

Feed da family!

omnomnom

Such a trash item.

such league, much wow
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]
It wouldn't be fair to those that worked hard for their 1000 points in the previous seasons if this were to become implemented in the game. The rewards will be obtained in a much easier way, and some players don't like it when things become easy. If there was a race reward purchases, there will always be people who still complain on the amount of points. Its just an example but they would probably say something like " Oh Auxium belt is 375 points!? GGG needs to make the points lower!" I think its fine the way it is.
Permanent Hardcore only.
A better system IMHO would rather then ogin "all or nothing" to make the end of eachs eason apply a 25% "tax" on reward points rather then dropping them to zero(of course as a result leaving you with 75% of what you had). Of course this onyl works if we accept the initial proposal to make reward points a currency for buying single uniques rather then an accumulation. Well if the prices were reduced accordingly it would need to be much higher then a 25% tax- but we'll say 25% for now for the sake of providing an example.

This allows players who can't play every single race to gradually save up for the top cost stuff- but the players who do it in a single season do it substantially more efficiently as they never get taxed- take two long and your gains from 3 seasons ago has already been taxed 3 times down to ~42% of it's starting value. Yet at the same time even for the slow moving player who only scores maybe 200 in a season would feel like progress.

Note you'd still have to up your game in the "final season" on the way to 1000, as you stand to be taxed more the more you have(for example once you have banked up 600 points at the start of the season, you'll need at least 300 points that season to make progress).

Getting the 1000 would still be difficult, requiring persistence. But it would actually be attainable by players that can't play 80% of events(provided they were willing to work for several seasons without taking a break to get there).
Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
Last edited by bilun on Feb 10, 2014, 10:47:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info