Race Reward Purchases Instead of Progression

I'm reposting here. This is a more relevant forum.

"
What if instead of accumulating points to get unique rewards we could save up reward points to purchase the unique rewards we want at a set price! Better rewards would be worth more points obviously. And you could only purchase 1 of each reward per account(and/or IP address)

Example with last season's rewards:
Kaom's Sign, Cost: 8 points
Storm Cloud, Cost: 13 points
Fairgrave's Tricorn, Cost: 22 points
Moonstone Ring, Cost: 35 points
Gifts From Above, Cost: 50 points
Divination Distillate, Cost: 67 points
Le Heup of All, Cost: 88 points
Queen's Decree, Cost: 115 points
Perandus Signet, Cost: 200 points
Auxium, Cost: 375 points

This would allow players who don't race in 80%+ of all races to get some of the better rewards!
Top players are already rewarded substantially by getting more points and the unique Demigod items. Why should they also have exclusive access to the alt art Auxium for example?(In all 4 season I have raced in, only the handful of top players get the 1000 point reward item)

I just want more of a reason to race. And Race Reward costs instead of accumulation would do it for me.

Let GGG know if you are also in support of this!
Identifying items on the ground: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1562689
Talismans as quest rewards: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1690768
Last edited by Brigs on Jan 22, 2014, 4:52:53 AM
Certainly the costs would have to be equal or greater than the current. Auxium for 1000 or more, not 375.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
not a fan of this idea. sry :^(
This would be okay if it didn't apply to the better high tier rewards. If you had a separate points you could spend how you choose then maybe. I don't think it would work well if you could get the end game uniques for even say 500 points.
I think the idea is fine if it costs 1.5x-2x. 2000pts over multiple seasons for Auxium seems ok. That's an enormous investment.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
Maybe you should get a badge of justice for every race you enter, and you can turn in 20 of them for an Auxium.
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
"
ZoRoXo wrote:
Maybe you should get a badge of justice for every race you enter, and you can turn in 20 of them for an Auxium.
"
ZoRoXo wrote:
Maybe you should get a demigod's every race you participate in.

Fixed for your style.
It would be nice if you could save your points across multiple seasons. While the 1000 reward points one requires getting some wins, one could theoretically get the 600 point ones right by if they just got to level 10 in literally every event. I have no chance of getting 1,000 points, because I'm not a terribly good racer, but even if I was there is no way my ork schedule would let me participate in enough races in a season given their current times. If someone is consistently getting top 10 (overall) finishes but just can't make it to enough races, they should probably still have a shot at some of the higher season rewards, no?

(I have no idea if there are still people who get top 10 in races and only participate occasionally, but I remember in season 3? there was one guy who finished top 3 in every race he did but he did less than 10 of em.)
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
reboticon wrote:
It would be nice if you could save your points across multiple seasons. While the 1000 reward points one requires getting some wins, one could theoretically get the 600 point ones right by if they just got to level 10 in literally every event. I have no chance of getting 1,000 points, because I'm not a terribly good racer, but even if I was there is no way my ork schedule would let me participate in enough races in a season given their current times. If someone is consistently getting top 10 (overall) finishes but just can't make it to enough races, they should probably still have a shot at some of the higher season rewards, no?

(I have no idea if there are still people who get top 10 in races and only participate occasionally, but I remember in season 3? there was one guy who finished top 3 in every race he did but he did less than 10 of em.)

I only see Zoroxo on for majority of the early morning races. Early morning be early morning for me on PST / west coast timezone. This includes like the 3am / 5am races til maybe noon my time. He just is so damn good at knowing exactly where to go every race, same times in fixed as normal. Hmmm. Don't plan to get first with this guy there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info