So lets talk about cleave and one hand weapons.

"
Rithz wrote:
Disableing gems, mules, etc doesn't do shit. It would just force everyone to play scion, ranger, marauder, duelist.

wat
Rithz's viewpoint is probably based on winning overall, which is theoretically possible with every class except Witch/Templar right now (AKA yay ST), although obviously Duelist/Marauder/Scion have the best chance.

I'm all for disabling gems/uniques/other things that forces classes into the roles that GGG envisioned, but if that does happen, I hope that the point distribution gets changed to a per-class system. Something like:

Level x for Duelist/Marauder/Scion
Level x-1 for Templar/Ranger
Level x-2 for Witch/Shadow

is probably right based on the results of Descent/Descent Champions, which currently most closely resembles this. Hell, Witch should probably already have this since lol spells. Having a bonus 3 points for being first overall is fine with me since it would make Marauder/Duelist/Scion more competitive classes in theory. I theorize that witches/templars/shadows are less played currently because they have a harder time reaching the top level tier.
"
Disable Gem drops, disable unique drops, disable muling. I would like to see a race like that.

You forgot disable chance orbs, disable blue and yellow packs. Fixed Mod and Mapseed for everybody.

Might as well disable all drops and variance at that point, and just start everyone in front of a load of chests filled with gear, gems and orbs then let them choose a limited selection that will have to last the entire race. Id love an event type like this (95%~ player skill based with the last ~5% going to load times and sync issues) but GGG has proven to be mostly against anything that isnt crammed to the teeth with random number generators, even in racing.

"
Rithz wrote:
The fact is most of these gem rewards aside from the scion havn't really been changed since closed beta. Its pretty sad how outdated this is.

Implying every witch doesnt appreciate the availability of raise zombie as a hillock reward~
IGN: KoTao
What do you think about this:

Cleave
30% Less Damage while Dual Wielding (phys and elemental)

Spectral Throw
30% Less Damage with 2 Handed Weapons (phys and elemental)
"
KoTao wrote:
Might as well disable all drops and variance at that point, and just start everyone in front of a load of chests filled with gear, gems and orbs then let them choose a limited selection that will have to last the entire race.

I like that idea. One inventory full of gear, see how far you get.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:

Cleave

Spectral Throw

I think spectral throw is fine and that the rest of the less-viable skills should be raised to its level.
IGN: KoTao
I think the signatures should be mules disabled, skill drops disabled, global point tiers disabled with a per class system put in. Wouldn't take a lot of work, just look at which classes are lagging behind at the end of the duration and adjust the last tier or two.

At least one season of this might be good.
Last edited by boof on Jan 18, 2014, 12:44:42 AM
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:

Cleave

Spectral Throw

The point of my post is that dual wield doesn't really need to have a nerf. 2 Handers are vastly superior to one handers. The fact that you have to roll two 1 handers to do the same amount of damage is already in itself unbalanced.

This change would be fine if the IPD recipe was something like if you sell 2 1 handers they both have a chance to get the IPD value for 1 whetstone + rustic.
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:

Cleave

Spectral Throw

If you have 5 dollars and I steal 5 dollars from you, you are broke. If your friend has one million dollars and I steal 5 dollars from him he's still rich as fuck.

In other words, the goal should be to BUFF cleave to the same level as Spectral Throw and not to nerf both skills to the same degree, since that would make 0 difference relatively speaking.

Even pre-nerf cleave was alot worse than Spectral Throw, so to get Cleave to the same level as Spectral Throw you would have to buff the skill significantly. I'm saying buff Cleave to make it BETTER than how it was pre-nerf. I can guarantee you that it still wouldn't quite be able to compete with ST and LS, but at least there would be the option.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Jan 18, 2014, 1:18:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info