So lets talk about cleave and one hand weapons.

"
janimauk wrote:
just delete this thread ggg doesnt care. if they change the st it will be for endgame.

Meh they might not reply, but they'll atleast read the post. There were countless "nerf cleave threads" in here when cleave was overpowered. Maybe they'll do something in the next 4 ~ 8 months like boof said.
"
The issue isn't two-handed weapons, just dual wielding skills. Spectral Throw is way better with a one-handed weapon and shield, because of its interaction with added elemental damage. I had a dual wield dagger st build that got significantly more dps than when I was using a staff.

Cleave was way over-nerfed and needs fixing

Racing you fanboy.

You will never see a serious racer go Sword and Shield in a short format.

"
boof wrote:

Hell, at this point I'd even love to see muling disabled in regular races.
Iron Man has been suggested for how long....?
"
boof wrote:

I was going to suggest this at one point, but then it just becomes like descent where someone randomly gets the right drop only gem early on and is completely unbeatable. Better the skills all get balanced to the point that the different classes actually want to use class-friendly skills and builds.
IGN: KoTao
Going duelist and using a 2h axe for cleave + getting the nearby axe nodes for dps is massive. Can still use leap slam for mobility getting it from A2 or brutus quest but hatred is nice for extra damage as well. Did this for the no proj race and even after dying and starting over still did good. Dps was double/triple my spectral in some cases and 1 shot every white pack. Good close axe phys dmg nodes + the new vendor recipe = mega dps.
"
KoTao wrote:
"
boof wrote:

I was going to suggest this at one point, but then it just becomes like descent where someone randomly gets the right drop only gem early on and is completely unbeatable. Better the skills all get balanced to the point that the different classes actually want to use class-friendly skills and builds.

Disable Gem drops, disable unique drops, disable muling. I would like to see a race like that.

Maybe then I can go back to my RoA ranger days.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
"
TheuberClips wrote:
"
KoTao wrote:
"
boof wrote:

Disable Gem drops, disable unique drops, disable muling. I would like to see a race like that.

Maybe then I can go back to my RoA ranger days.

If they disabled all three, yeah, nice. I agree. But I predict that the next problem would then be unbalanced classes. Some classes cannot progress (or not worth it) while others can. For some classes the overall ladder will be irrelevant. However, this new problem is probably worth the change; we could at least test it.
I think if they really wanted to do a race like that they would have to increase the single target damage of bows drastically.

I mean compare burning arrow damage in act 1 or 2 to double strike, dual strike or spectral throw, it's not even close...
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Disableing gems, mules, etc doesn't do shit. It would just force everyone to play scion, ranger, marauder, duelist. They need to really relook at the gem distribution and awards if they were going to do that. The fact is most of these gem rewards aside from the scion havn't really been changed since closed beta. Its pretty sad how outdated this is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info