Anything going to be done about Maphackers?

"
KoTao wrote:
If only these sorts of threads received useful dev responses as quickly and as often as they received non useful dev censoring.

id rather have ggg praised as good company for making fast balance changes and care about every aspect of game rather than funny messages in reddit
"
terrex wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:
Mail it to Support but wait they don't give a crap if a dev plays with obvious RMTers.
You can easily find out who that is I also shamed the user already in a racecharactername.

And if the dev can claim those screens are ancient I got proof of recent RMTers.

Would be nice if those doing rmt / maphack were punished for doing it more then once.. Everyone should be on the same playing field especially during races. So scummy to use such a thing for an advantage in a race.

Here is your thread.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/740301/page/1

Read reddit a bit there still should be a noncensored rule offender(using maphack in races on stream) getting exposed.
And look for yourself that he isn't banned.

GGG is willingly not banning those players no matter how they fuck up the economy or raceresults. MTX and a high tier playerbase are more important?!

A rule only existant to make legit players feel better.

"
If only these sorts of threads received useful dev responses as quickly and as often as they received non useful dev censoring.

A useful(in their opinion) supportdev response is:"No naming and shaming"

But that's what this game needs exposure of obvious RMTers to destroy this tolerance and acceptance of RMT.

"Hey we are against RMT/P2W but we allow Swaptrades, the most common place for scamming and Fools Gold Operatons, but no Domination/Nemesis to Default/HC please.
Oh and don't mind that a dev constantly playing knows about RMTers in his friendlist."

FYI all those big scale swap traders are fools gold traders and you don't even need to put much effort into identfying them.

It's as hard like morons using the same nick as here switching ther RMTboard acc and selling the same stuff.

"
id rather have ggg praised as good company for making fast balance changes and care about every aspect of game rather than funny messages in reddit

Good for you there is no "no ironical posting" rule. ;)
Spoiler
"
Hilbert wrote:
"
terrex wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:
Mail it to Support but wait they don't give a crap if a dev plays with obvious RMTers.
You can easily find out who that is I also shamed the user already in a racecharactername.

And if the dev can claim those screens are ancient I got proof of recent RMTers.

Would be nice if those doing rmt / maphack were punished for doing it more then once.. Everyone should be on the same playing field especially during races. So scummy to use such a thing for an advantage in a race.

Here is your thread.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/740301/page/1

Read reddit a bit there still should be a noncensored rule offender(using maphack in races on stream) getting exposed.
And look for yourself that he isn't banned.

GGG is willingly not banning those players no matter how they fuck up the economy or raceresults. MTX and a high tier playerbase are more important?!

A rule only existant to make legit players feel better.

"

A useful(in their opinion) supportdev response is:"No naming and shaming"

But that's what this game needs exposure of obvious RMTers to destroy this tolerance and acceptance of RMT.

"Hey we are against RMT/P2W but we allow Swaptrades, the most common place for scamming and Fools Gold Operatons, but no Domination/Nemesis to Default/HC please.
Oh and don't mind that a dev constantly playing knows about RMTers in his friendlist."

FYI all those big scale swap traders are fools gold traders and you don't even need to put much effort into identfying them.

It's as hard like morons using the same nick as here switching ther RMTboard acc and selling the same stuff.

"

Good for you there is no "no ironical posting" rule. ;)

Might seem drastic at the time but those willingly doing rmt/mh should be banned. I am all about fair play, competing against people going out of there way to excessively cheat as mentioned before is very disheartening. I do try hard in races but it's mostly now just to compete against myself and my times.

Going to read through this topic but at a brief glance it is saddening. PoE is my favorite game to date, on here everyday countless hours and this doesn't seem right to me how they are handling the situation. Any response from GGG would be greatly appreciated on this topic.
"
Hilbert wrote:
And the RMT excuse is obvious.

Have a look at that:

[Removed by Admin]

He really takes zero effort to hide himself or hide his "WTB/WTS stuff for fools gold".

I looked at the posts, anyone can fake that. As Chris said today, it's a bit more complicated than that. I'm not saying no one RMTs, or even that that person doesn't RMT, far from it. I'm just saying that there's a good reason your post got censored.

"
KoTao wrote:

It's not devs censoring, it's support people who are not qualified to respond to race feedback anyway.

"
terrex wrote:
Going to read through this topic but at a brief glance it is saddening. PoE is my favorite game to date, on here everyday countless hours and this doesn't seem right to me how they are handling the situation. Any response from GGG would be greatly appreciated on this topic.

GGG won't respond to maphack threads. All they could reveal is "yes we do our best to fight maphack." Which we already know anyway.

In the Hegemonica/Aux podcast with Chris today, it seemed like he was confident that they are winning the war on maphack. Even sounded like he thinks at some point it will be completely eradicated.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
Last edited by unsane on Jan 17, 2014, 9:45:04 PM
"
unsane wrote:

"
terrex wrote:

GGG won't respond to maphack threads. All they could reveal is "yes we do our best to fight maphack." Which we already know anyway.

In the Hegemonia/Aux podcast with Chris today, it seemed like he was confident that they are winning the war on maphack. Even sounded like he thinks at some point it will be completely eradicated.

The best we can do is only hope eventually it is all sorted out I guess. I'll have to find this interview and have a listen, missed it earlier. Thx for sharing this. :)
"
I looked at the posts, anyone can fake that. As Chris said today, it's a bit more complicated than that. I'm not saying no one RMTs, or even that that person doesn't RMT, far from it. I'm just saying that there's a good reason your post got censored.

Anybody can fake ingame screenshots? Google his posts and you will find out that he had zero intention of hiding and that he stopped RMTing after he died on Nemesis and cashed out.

The devs took "I'm being harassed by x" as evidence but not self created or selfowns on RMT?

Just look at the Twitch chat during the Aux podcast. They shamed a known RMTer who is constantly playing with a dev. And somebody answered that he heard that the RMTer got a "stern warning" aka "Hide yourself better RMTing"

Or look at the Bringer of Rain answer:"If we nerf the drop rates they will either complain about droprates or RMT it"
Even the lead dev knows that RMT is omnipresent and accepts it.

GGG has RMT acceptance at it's best. And because there is more than enough evidence that they don't ban RMTers.

I will certainly "enjoy" the RMT paradise and no action with the PVP tournaments, till the hype is over.

"
It's not devs censoring, it's support people who are not qualified to respond to race feedback anyway.

Might as well use moderation spiders with standard answers.

"
In the Hegemonica/Aux podcast with Chris today, it seemed like he was confident that they are winning the war on maphack. Even sounded like he thinks at some point it will be completely eradicated.

Standard answer to look better.

Killing maphack are 2 lines of code.
And fixed seeds or the mapupdate promised since late 2012 are not the answer.

"
Hilbert wrote:
"

Maybe you should help them out and write the 2 lines of the secret hilbert code. Then we can all be happy
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
Last edited by ZoRoXo on Jan 18, 2014, 9:18:51 AM
"
ZoRoXo wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:
"

Maybe you should help them out and write the 2 lines of the secret hilbert code. Then we can all be unhappy

Uhuh. :D
I told Chris what to add to kill RMT and Maphacking for good and the response was "illegal in some countries" while in fact stuff that google is doing is far worse.

"
Hilbert wrote:
I told Chris what to add to kill RMT and Maphacking for good and the response was "illegal in some countries" while in fact stuff that google is doing is far worse.

I know someone who does something illegal. Therefore, it is fine if I also do something illegal.

Even if you are right about Google, it is not really an excuse. I have faith in GGG; that they will do everything they can do beat RMT, maphack, desync etc without having to change the game drastically. It is not like these issues are new. I assume that they, as well as we, are interested in having the best game possible.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Jan 18, 2014, 6:43:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info