Anything going to be done about Maphackers?

Will anything ever be done about maphacks and the maphackers? Not really interested in pointing fingers / names so please keep the topic like that. Casual play it is pretty harmless but when people are using it in races it is a definite massive unfair advantage.
fixed signature should answer your question.
"
janimauk wrote:
fixed signature should answer your question.

50/177 are fixed. Even if the map is revealed there is more the MH can do to give advantages. I haven't seen it in action myself but pretty sure zooming out and seeing where the magic packs / optimal route for most monsters to clear along the way is a huge advantage for someone half decent at playing.
Last edited by terrex on Jan 15, 2014, 1:56:32 PM
It would be nice to maybe get a reply from GGG about this topic. Whether or not it is a concerning issue or if anything is going to be done about it. Any other racers have feedback on this as well? It's very disheartening in some cases.
i think people gave up after about 85379th post of maphacking with zero replies from ggg
2 lines of code to fix cheating.

4 lines of code to get rid of RMT for good.

Why doesn't it happen?
"It might break laws in other countries"
Hell other games got rootkits running that could be considered as total spyware and ensure multimillion dollar lawsuits if every country would have a sueing policy like the USA.

And the RMT excuse is obvious.

Have a look at that:

[Removed by Admin]

He really takes zero effort to hide himself or hide his "WTB/WTS stuff for fools gold". Some threads deleted or archived so you won't find all(or at last not as unregistred user)
But well Poe got "report given RMTer so he gets a PM to do a better job hiding"

Would be to bad if Devfriends don't get second hand advantages of RMTers?(And don't think that's the only one I got several other RMTers 100% identified to be friends with that dev)

Alteration of another incident:
"I asked Neon trading for fools gold is allowed. He said OK"

TL;DR

Don't expect much. GGG got a "Let's warn instead of banning" policy.

Check reddit of an obvious maphacker in races receiving nothing.

Check a thread here where players make fun that a streamer got warned with orange text during a race.

If GGG would strictly enforce RMT and racecheating PoE would lose another third of their playerbase.

And it's just fine not to ban players who sell items for fools gold, fools gold for cash and use cash on some cheap MTX.

Last edited by Brian_GGG on Jan 17, 2014, 9:34:32 AM
"
Hilbert wrote:

Have a look at that:

What to do with this?
Last edited by Brian_GGG on Jan 17, 2014, 9:34:21 AM
Mail it to Support but wait they don't give a crap if a dev plays with obvious RMTers.
You can easily find out who that is I also shamed the user already in a racecharactername.

And if the dev can claim those screens are ancient I got proof of recent RMTers.
"
Hilbert wrote:
Mail it to Support but wait they don't give a crap if a dev plays with obvious RMTers.
You can easily find out who that is I also shamed the user already in a racecharactername.

And if the dev can claim those screens are ancient I got proof of recent RMTers.

Would be nice if those doing rmt / maphack were punished for doing it more then once.. Everyone should be on the same playing field especially during races. So scummy to use such a thing for an advantage in a race.
Last edited by terrex on Jan 17, 2014, 11:26:37 AM
If only these sorts of threads received useful dev responses as quickly and as often as they received non useful dev censoring.
IGN: KoTao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info