Can we have a PvP channel?

Hi everyone. I don’t want to talk here about bad state of pvp, balance, RF builds and other problematic questions and complaints. I think there are enough threads about it already. In my opinion there is another option outside of waiting for developers to create some ideal environment for PvP. Players and community can try to be a little more active. I played a competitive PvP on Europe since Diablo 2 Classic. We were creating leagues and tournaments by ourselves.

I really enjoy PvP in this game. I usually play at least 20-30 duels every day on lvls 50-65 ( atm I personally more like to play on mid lvls). I try to encourage players to play PvP more and get it to a further level than it is right now. I never offend players in arena or spam duel invites in town to the same person numerous times.

How to find players to PvP with? I don’t see PvP guilds, I don’t like to stand in town for hours and spamming invites to players who cancel them because they don’t like PvP. I think it is distracting for both me and them. Open queues are usually empty and on mid lvls u don’t even have the option to queue. And we don’t have a PvP Channel. So the only thing that works for me is Global Chat. Some of you have probably seen my messages where my templar is looking for s PvP. And that works fine for me. Sometimes I can get 3-4 invites in a row. Sometimes I need to wait 10-15 minutes. Sometimes more. But it’s ok. I am not complaining. I can’t say that with my help hundreds of new players joined PvP community (if it exists at all) but at least I am trying to do something for PvP community everyday and now I usually have at least 1-2 friends online who are ready to play with me.

The problem is that I recently got message from GGG Moderator that says – I can’t write about PvP in Global Chat ( BTW I have never seen any replies of other players in global that my messages are distracting)

Here is the quote of our conversation:

Simon_GGG: Hi there, please refrain from spamming advertisements in global chat. Thanks.

Me: Hi. How trying to find people to PvP with is an advertisement?

Simon_GGG: It is advertisement for other players to join you.

Simon_GGG: If you have any concerns about your mute please contact us (here was email) and your case will be reviewed by supervisor.

For me this sounds a little bit unfair. How to find players to play with?
If there are no other ways, so why not create a PvP channel?

wtf they said you cant write about pvp in global chat?? that's ridiculous. sometimes its the only way to find new opponents.

also im highly in favor of having a dedicated pvp channel.
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
"
Gnusnas wrote:

The problem is that I recently got message from GGG Moderator that says – I can’t write about PvP in Global Chat ( BTW I have never seen any replies of other players in global that my messages are distracting)

Firstly, there's nothing wrong with asking for people to PvP in global chat. However, with that being said, it isn't okay to go around spamming, which is why you received a mute, as this is what we saw in the report:
Gnusnasxxx: Templar lvl 53 is looking for some PvP vs lvls 60-70
VoidBalboa: Waxed Garb pc pm pls

A single line would suffice, and even sending it to multiple global channels would be fine, but that many times in a single global channel is not okay.

I'll forward your suggestion about a PvP channel/forum on to the development team for their consideration. I'm sorry that you had an unsatisfactory experience, and to hear of the trouble you have with PvP'ing on a regular basis, hopefully in the future we'll be able to improve things for you and the other PvP orientated players.
I made a thread about this as well a long time ago. I have been messaged by the mods too saying not to spam chat. When I asked them how it was spamming since I was only posting every few minutes in a dead chat, they said it was spam because players didnt like it....
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
I'm not in the know in PvP, but i have to imagine the community has made a dedicated channel for it by now? Like /global 777 or something. If they haven't, you/they should start one immediately! The information would spread and be known among all PVPers within a matter of days, at most.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95(retired?) 92(BPL) 97(GSF)
"
unsane wrote:
I'm not in the know in PvP, but i have to imagine the community has made a dedicated channel for it by now? Like /global 777 or something. If they haven't, you/they should start one immediately! The information would spread and be known among all PVPers within a matter of days, at most.

It's actually not a bad idea. We'd at least be able to get something going in the meantime.
To Henry_GGG

First of all, thank you for the fast reply. I appriciate this.

1) I wouldn't say that i have trouble PvPing, it just needs to take some time before PvP will be popular. I am ok with that and hope GGG will be helping players with PvP enviroment.

2) It is great to hear, that there is a chance for a PvP Channel to be reviewed by development team. I think this would be a first step for creating PvP oriented community.

3)But, I think u would agree, that inforamtion, that i recieved from moderator and your explanation differ.

Simon_GGG: Hi there, please refrain from spamming advertisements in global chat. Thanks.

I hope, if this situation occurs with another player, next time moderator can be more specific with explanations on subject. Also, if we could have a PvP Channel, i think such questions wouldn't arise at all. Thank you.

GL and HF to all of you guys in PvP. Cheers!

"
Gnusnas wrote:

3)But, I think u would agree, that inforamtion, that i recieved from moderator and your explanation differ.

I hope, if this situation occurs with another player, next time moderator can be more specific with explanations on subject. Also, if we could have a PvP Channel, i think such questions wouldn't arise at all. Thank you.

My apologies for not addressing that in my initial reply. Yes, you're absolutely right, and this is something we'll look into to see that it doesn't occur again. Cheers!
"
Henry_GGG wrote:

hopefully in the future we'll be able to improve things for you and the other PvP orientated players.

ROTFL
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
Before release we were using channel 303 for a short while. That petered out after a week or two though.
IGN: _Firebitch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info