Fix your new pvp system....

I played d2 for pvp, and i would like to play poe for pvp
Pvp is clearly not their main focus(and thats good),focus on pve and duel for fun.
GyokuenRen Auramancer Low-life CI
My guild thread http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/601377
My shop thread http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/538345
"
deshaboo wrote:
Pvp is clearly not their main focus(and thats good),focus on pve and duel for fun.

haha yes I agree, because the current state is definitely not fun. But also, make the single player experience fun too :(
"
Zalm wrote:
"
h3rp3s wrote:
I'm still waiting for open PvP Areas via waypoint and hostile button.

Also that guy qued in the wrong que obviously not GGG fault.

Cutthroat league. They still working out kinks, but it is coming.

Cutthroat league is the new HL3.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
U can queue up for open pvp as a lvl 2 just to piss people off. I like it one way because the low lvl pvp chars gets to try and fight merc characters, which is extremely fun. But lvl 28 characters start being uncompetetive against normal merc characters when they are like lvl 70-100. Better to use dueling for queuing up for something like this. LvL 28 Guys have been complaining about no challenging duels, which is prob why they changed the system like this. (They can beat Guys that are in early Merciless.)

as much as i'd like to see pvp become prominent, balanced, and consistent, I think it would take far too much effort and work away from other things that need working on. The nature of the game makes balancing PvP incredibly difficult. Maybe in the future once more important matters are settled.
[quote="Ludvator"]yes GGG fix lightspeed or i quit[/quote]
"
skinnay wrote:
as much as i'd like to see pvp become prominent, balanced, and consistent, I think it would take far too much effort and work away from other things that need working on. The nature of the game makes balancing PvP incredibly difficult. Maybe in the future once more important matters are settled.

What are u talking about? This is about PvP queue system not PvP balance. Anyone saying that this is about "balancing PvP" and claiming that "PvP is unbalanced" because of this are just attacking something else that has nothing to with it. They just messed up the queue system, but dueling is nice and Works perfectly. It has nothing to do with PvP balance lol. Anyways the people that queue up for open PvP as lvl 13 prob. just do it because they are tired of waiting on the slow lvl 28 queue, or maybe because they have no clue wtf they are doing. I queued up for Open with my 28 a few times to fight early Merc Guys, but dueling does this way better. I understand that the lvl 80-100 players I encountered were annoyed, so I will stop doing it now, and just use Dueling to replace this. They could just bring back the old system but with dueling aswell. Dueling fixed what was not possible in the normal queue, but now they tried to make the queue like dueling is? I dont understand why they did that at all.
"
Zalm wrote:
"
h3rp3s wrote:

in 2017...
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
"
Zalm wrote:
"
h3rp3s wrote:

Nobody interested in growing the PvP community expects much from cutthroat. Cutthroat is a clever way of keeping griefing in the game but compartmentalizing it, much like the Bandit Quest. The problem with cutthroat and matchmaking and duelling is that they don't foster community growth. They don't encourage players to chat up their opponents or team mates. These modes are antisocial in nature. Spectator and betting options might improve that but frankly I think we'll need something more.

What we really need is a custom PvP mode that facilitates social interaction. Something like the D2 Blood Moor, which has a seamless transition from safe zone to danger zone, hostile options for managing and balancing teams on the fly, and potentially modulators like what we see in races to novelize the experience. This could take form in some kind of PvP lobby, where PvP options are enabled.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
Last edited by Veta321 on Jan 1, 2014, 12:54:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info