Progression in races

The reward lists are still from Closed Beta progressions where Cruel was reachable in 3h for most players.

The only mode which would prevent instance resets would be a mode where instances stay for the duration of the race and are not resetable(unless servercrashs)

If I hadn't to open the Sewers with keys progression might be more of an option but A3 is just annoying because all side areas but Catacombs must be visited to prgoress.

In A1 you got 3 optional Areas.
In A2 you got 5 optional Areas
In A3 you got 1 optional Area and 3 on the second part.

It's totally the fault of Act3. Also Dominus got far too much HP(MMORPG design) and the fight will take 20 min! Do you really think you can sacrifice so much time?!

The only option to make a Cruel race would be to give you level 26 characters and start with Act3.

"
TyrusDark wrote:
The quickest "Fix" would be lowering the level of the docks, which would make advancing through the content to higher-level areas more desirable.

Agree. The problem with this quickest fix is that it would be a fix that would affect the main game but is made only for the sake of races.

"
TyrusDark wrote:
I think you can see why this isn't a very easy fix (and isn't even the fault of A3X in particular, though yeah sometimes people ran to cruel ledges before this, it's just not a very good risk/reward)

I think some parties have even reached sins in cruel in a 3 hour party race in beta.

I still see a ranking system where players in act X will always be ranked higher than players in act X-1 as an easy and fair fix, that would not affect the main game.
If unsure, it could be tested as a mod in a "3 hour solo/party progress race" between season 5 and 6.
If you lower the level of docks you essentially force parties to progress or farm the next best spot. Only problem with progression, as I've pointed out repeatedly is that Act3x is just very inefficient XP and extremely risky when you are undergeared and underleveled.

As long as there are one shot mechanics that can insta-kill you and the boss fight takes forever, the problem is with act3x not docks.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Nov 20, 2013, 4:15:55 PM
Our Team Progressing to Cruel

things worked out, we killed dominus and progressed to Cruel, but GGG not helping us out for sure with many of the changes.

That being said, if we hit 26 million or 27 million its a clear sign that it can be done, just with superior coordination that we have now in our team.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Last edited by Morsexier on Nov 20, 2013, 9:37:19 PM
"
Morsexier wrote:
Our Team Progressing to Cruel

things worked out, we killed dominus and progressed to Cruel, but GGG not helping us out for sure with many of the changes.

That being said, if we hit 26 million or 27 million its a clear sign that it can be done, just with superior coordination that we have now in our team.

Damn that templar is really good.
not sure if this has been suggested yet

you could put a simple leveling cap in place at say lvl 30.

players cannot lvl past 30 without having killed dominus.

problem solved.
"
Obmar wrote:
not sure if this has been suggested yet

you could put a simple leveling cap in place at say lvl 30.

players cannot lvl past 30 without having killed dominus.

problem solved.

That would also affect the main game. Changing the main game for the sake of races is, in my opinion, not a good solution.
Part of the reason why I prefer the subtype races where you are forced to proceed forward and cannot farm zones. I like the idea of being forced forward, unable to create new instances to farm them.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info