No one-week race in season 5

"
Redblade wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:
Like I said as long as they don't interfere with short term races knock yourself out. Have as many 1 week races as you personally want. Maybe message support, they might be willing to organize just enough 1 week races to appeal to specifically your personal desires. Not too many, not too few just the exact right amount for you to be happy.

They would interfere indirectly no matter how they are done.

And really no need to take on a condescending tone just because you're unwilling to compromise even the slightest...

How is having a seperate ladder with 1 week races not a compromise? This is so confusing.

The only compromise you are willing to accept is total agreement with your argument. Unless you get the exact amount of 1 week races and the specific ladder you want, you will never be happy.

So.. whatever, I guess...
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Nov 14, 2013, 8:47:45 AM
"
SlixSC wrote:
How is having a seperate ladder with 1 week races not a compromise? This is so confusing.

The only compromise you are willing to accept is total agreement with your argument. Unless you get the exact amount of 1 week races and the specific ladder you want, you will never be happy.

Because you're assuming the player who enjoy one week races only wants to play one weeks. You also seem oblivious to the fact that one week races will affect short term once and long term once no matter how and when you do them.

We could have a 6 month ladder season with one week races every 5-6 weeks and it would still impact your short races as the week ladder would have to have it's own rewards similar to that of the normal season.

You're unwilling to compromise at all, I'm just realistic enough to see that the best overall compromise is to conduct them as we have been in the past as it has the least impact on everyone involved. It also requires the least amount of effort on GGG's behalf as there is no new ladder to create and plan, no new prices to create and so on.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
Redblade wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

Because you're assuming the player who enjoy one week races only wants to play one weeks. You also seem oblivious to the fact that one week races will affect short term once and long term once no matter how and when you do them.

We could have a 6 month ladder season with one week races every 5-6 weeks and it would still impact your short races as the week ladder would have to have it's own rewards similar to that of the normal season.

You're unwilling to compromise at all, I'm just realistic enough to see that the best overall compromise is to conduct them as we have been in the past as it has the least impact on everyone involved. It also requires the least amount of effort on GGG's behalf as there is no new ladder to create and plan, no new prices to create and so on.

That's not what you call a freaking compromise. You having all your demands fulfilled is not a compromise.

Personally I think it's good they got rid of one-week races and given that they had incredibly low participation rates I think most people agree with me.

You are in the minority here and I'm sorry to say this but sometimes the minority just loses. That is the nature of democracy my friend.
"
SlixSC wrote:
You are in the minority here and I'm sorry to say this but sometimes the minority just loses. That is the nature of democracy my friend.

This isn't a democracy now is it...

Nor is all my "demands" fulfilled, I'd be all for a 6 month season with only one week races that has a similar reward structure as the short term race season, I'm realistic enough to see that it's a bad idea overall though and would be more detrimental to the normal season than you seem to be willing to accept.

Also developing for the majority is a horrible way to go, just look at Blizzards failings with WoW only catering to the supposed majority. Besides it's a horrible and worn out argument.

Edit: Also the proclaimed "majority" rarely know what they actually want, they just argue what they think they want.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Nov 14, 2013, 9:18:23 AM
The reason is rather simple.

The economy reset is quiet fresh so there won't be a 1 week this season. There will be at last one next season after most players left already.

While I have interest in higher level gem content races I don't have interest in 1 weekers.(even it's turbo the MMO mechanics just piss me off)

I want to start with a level 26 character in act 3 and race 3h for example.
But I don't want to do an 8h race with the same cruel content.

Also I would rather see interesting racemodes such as 2-3h TI(players remembering the last 2h (turbo) Immolation race will remember why it it is interesting) TRA, MRF FP and other uncommon combinations.
But those will be always be labeleded Fuc.. ohm Fun because some players cry about "I am not good in such races and other players receive my usual demigod"

bump for week race
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
Week Race plz.
It's not going to happen, people should just accept it.

Participation in past 1 week races was so incredibly low there is really no point in holding another 1 week ever again.

It's in GGGs best interest to host and organize popular race events, 1 week races aren't popular. They are incredibly unpopular actually.

I mean I quit the last 1 week race after 2.5 days and finished in the top 60. So how many people were actively competing in that race? 30 max? Get real.
Last edited by SlixSC on Dec 4, 2013, 10:09:53 PM
Honestly, I have trouble lasting the whole time in a 2 hour race. I don't know how people can last in the 1 week races. You guys got stamina!
1 weekers got unpopular because the early CB times with 2-3 days investment for high rankings are over for almost 1 year.
You need 5-6 and that's impossible for the majority of players.

Even the 1 week Turbo had only like 4 map groups, the rest were in Docks/Catacombs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info