No one-week race in season 5

"
Redblade wrote:

The skill isn't being awake, it's playing without mistakes while staying awake for long periods of time. Just because you don't recognize endurance competition as skill based doesn't mean it isn't.

Fine, that's your opinion and that's all cool and shit. But if you want to play an endurance challenge so bad just play Nemesis or Domination. Problem solved.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
Redblade wrote:

The skill isn't being awake, it's playing without mistakes while staying awake for long periods of time. Just because you don't recognize endurance competition as skill based doesn't mean it isn't.

Fine, that's your opinion and that's all cool and shit. But if you want to play an endurance challenge so bad just play Nemesis or Domination. Problem solved.

I am, that still doesn't mean I don't enjoy the 1 week setting for that type of competition and I really see no reason why one or two of those events shouldn't be included in the overall race season.

Having a couple of one week races has no negative impact on shorter races nor the overall race season or even the player that don't enjoy the setting, the only negative impact not having them has is for the people who do enjoy them.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Nov 14, 2013, 7:47:59 AM
"
Redblade wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
Redblade wrote:

I am, that still doesn't mean I don't enjoy the 1 week setting for that type of competition and I really see no reason why one or two of those events shouldn't be included in the overall race season.

Having a couple of one week races has no negative impact on shorter races nor the overall race season or even the player that don't enjoy the setting, the only negative impact not having them has is for the people who do enjoy them.

It actually has a huge impact on regular races. Participation in 1 week races was generally very low when compared to their duration. They were very unpopular in the grand scheme of things.

However during 1 week races, there were alot fewer short term races, which was very frustrating for most competitive racers because that's in fact what we (the majority of racers) want to play.

If 1 week races were seperate competitions that didn't award season points, I would say fine knock yourselves out, have 1 week races every week, doesn't affect me at all.
Last edited by SlixSC on Nov 14, 2013, 7:52:18 AM
"
SlixSC wrote:
It actually has a huge impact on regular races. Participation in 1 week races was generally very low when compared to their duration. They were very unpopular in the grand scheme of things.

How does overall participation affect you or anyone else?

"
SlixSC wrote:
However during 1 week races, there were alot fewer short term races, which was very frustrating for most competitive racers because that's in fact what we (the majority of racers) want to play.

So argue for scheduling more short term races during the one weeks instead or eliminating them. Arguing that what other enjoy has a negative impact on what you enjoy and as such should be removed is quite silly end selfish.

"
SlixSC wrote:
If 1 week races were seperate competitions that didn't award season points, I would say fine knock yourselves out, have 1 week races every week, doesn't affect me at all.

Why shouldn't they reward points? Does that take something away from you or is it because you feel forced to participate, if it's the latter I'd like to point out that no one is holding a gun to your head...

Last edited by Redblade on Nov 14, 2013, 7:56:35 AM
I just told you, if 1 week races didn't affect short term races I would be fine with having as many as them on the event schedule as possible. Maybe even have a seperate season ladder for 1 week races.

Problem solved.

Only problem is that GGG is fully aware of the fact that there isn't much of a demand for 1 week races and thus see no reason to invest a lot of logistical effort into organizing them. That's a fact and yeah I know it's tough shit, but there is nothing I can do about it.
Last edited by SlixSC on Nov 14, 2013, 8:03:11 AM
There is no logistic effort involved though, it's not like there is any additional content needing development for them.

As far as affecting the short term races it goes both ways there, tough shit...

At the end of the day we can all have what we want if we're just willing to accept the fact that some people enjoy other things than our selfs and that we might have to endure slight inconvenience due to it.

Last edited by Redblade on Nov 14, 2013, 8:12:34 AM
"
Redblade wrote:
There is no logistic effort involved though, it's not like there is any additional content needing development for them.

At the end of the day we can all have what we want if we're just willing to accept the fact that some people enjoy other things than our selfs and that we might have to endure slight inconvenience due to it.

So why would a seperate ladder for 1 week races be so bad? That way people who enjoy 1 week races can have their ladder and people who enjoy short term races can have their own seperate ladder. And people who like both types of races have a choice.

Everyone wins. Problem solved.
Last edited by SlixSC on Nov 14, 2013, 8:22:04 AM
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
Redblade wrote:

So why would a seperate ladder for 1 week races be so bad? That way people who enjoy 1 week races can have their ladder and people who enjoy short term races can have their own seperate ladder. And people who like both types of races have a choice.

Because there wouldn't be much of a ladder and it would affect the 4 month ladders to much of there was to many of them. The best compromise is to have 1 or 2 of them within the overall race season like it has been in the past.

The only way it would work otherwise is if it's pure individual races that has it's own rewards, although that would still have the same negative impacts on your short term races as people are drawn to rewards.

"
Redblade wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
Redblade wrote:

Because there wouldn't be much of a ladder and it would affect the 4 month ladders to much of there was to many of them. The best compromise is to have 1 or 2 of them within the overall race season like it has been in the past.

The only way it would work otherwise is if it's pure individual races that has it's own rewards, although that would still have the same negative impacts on your short term races as people are drawn to rewards.

Like I said as long as they don't interfere with short term races knock yourself out. Have as many 1 week races as you personally want. Maybe message support, they might be willing to organize just enough 1 week races to appeal to specifically your personal desires. Not too many, not too few just the exact right amount for you to be happy.
Last edited by SlixSC on Nov 14, 2013, 8:31:48 AM
"
SlixSC wrote:
Like I said as long as they don't interfere with short term races knock yourself out. Have as many 1 week races as you personally want. Maybe message support, they might be willing to organize just enough 1 week races to appeal to specifically your personal desires. Not too many, not too few just the exact right amount for you to be happy.

They would interfere indirectly no matter how they are done.

And really no need to take on a condescending tone just because you're unwilling to compromise even the slightest...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info