No one-week race in season 5

why ?
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
because they ruin race schedule for one week (jk dunno)
The 1-week turbo race last season was my favorite race. I'm sad.
"
Thalandor wrote:
The 1-week turbo race last season was my favorite race. I'm sad.

Same here. =(
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
I am generally against the idea of long-term races that go for more than a few hours.

For two reasons:

It isn't as much skill-based as short-term races but rather an endurance contest. The person who no-lifes the most or has the best map-rng generally wins. How fast you are at leveling is only of very minor importance in such long term races. Best example, in a 1 week race last season, there were people in the top 20 who couldn't even get to level 60 in under 24 hours. That's pathetic.

And secondly there are already long-term events, Nemesis and Domination.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Nov 14, 2013, 5:05:15 AM
There is a 12 hours Endless Ledge. What are you crying about!?!?! :D
"
SlixSC wrote:
I am generally against the idea of long-term races that go for more than a few hours.

For two reasons:

It isn't as much skill-based as short-term races but rather an endurance contest. The person who no-lifes the most or has the best map-rng generally wins. How fast you are at leveling is only of very minor importance in such long term races. Best example, in a 1 week race last season, there were people in the top 20 who couldn't even get to level 60 in under 24 hours. That's pathetic.

That it's an endurance based competition doesn't make it less of a skill based one, just a different skill set. Also if you think it didn't take any skill to make it in the one week turbo I'd say you really don't know what you're talking about.

"
Redblade wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

For two reasons:

That it's an endurance based competition doesn't make it less of a skill based one, just a different skill set. Also if you think it didn't take any skill to make it in the one week turbo I'd say you really don't know what you're talking about.

Staying awake for long periods of time is a skill now? Or just a sad aspect of someone's life?

And the 1 week turbo was just a cheese fest, most people were simply hidng behind totems. I know what I'm talking about because my group did exactly that.

But good job getting all personal, without realizing that I was in the top 5 of the 1 week turbo, before I quit after 2 days at lvl 73 because I got bored of the totem cheese.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
It has been suggested before. A 1 week solo race, turbo or not, would be a whole lot different. Playing the 1 week turbo solo, selffound, and melee =), was actually a blast.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Nov 14, 2013, 6:50:01 AM
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
Redblade wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

For two reasons:

Staying awake for long periods of time is a skill now? Or just a sad aspect of someone's life?

And the 1 week turbo was just a cheese fest, most people were simply hidng behind totems. I know what I'm talking about because my group did exactly that.

But good job getting all personal, without realizing that I was in the top 5 of the 1 week turbo, before I quit after 2 days at lvl 73 because I got bored of the totem cheese.

I played self cast incinerate and hid behind no totems and finished top 20 after re-rolling after 2 days...

The skill isn't being awake, it's playing without mistakes while staying awake for long periods of time. Just because you don't recognize endurance competition as skill based doesn't mean it isn't.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info