[28] 1.0.0 - Ungil´s dualwield block buffed?

"
exmse wrote:
10k dps is insane but duel ungils cannot compete with other top tier builds
You hit crazy amount of tool tip dps but the vast majority is just lightening damage.. depends what you're aiming for.

I just don't see duel ungils as a truly viable build

from my experience a dagger + parandus is best
dagger/ungill > duel ungill

just my opinion + experience. If anything i think the buff isn't a bad thing.. but doubtful that it was intended for lv28 pvp

That's 10k DPS for LLD, meaning it will go much higher for merc.

I'm not sure how dual ungil's vs dagger + perandus. I can say that DW will have higher crit (most cases), doubled elemental damage and a lower investment to get max block.

I can say from my experiences against these builds in LLD prior to the buff, they are hell to land a hit on and do heavy dps, now they got 14% more block and 10% more dodge.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
Moosifer wrote:
"
exmse wrote:
10k dps is insane but duel ungils cannot compete with other top tier builds
You hit crazy amount of tool tip dps but the vast majority is just lightening damage.. depends what you're aiming for.

I just don't see duel ungils as a truly viable build

just my opinion + experience. If anything i think the buff isn't a bad thing.. but doubtful that it was intended for lv28 pvp

That's 10k DPS for LLD, meaning it will go much higher for merc.

I'm not sure how dual ungil's vs dagger + perandus. I can say that DW will have higher crit (most cases), doubled elemental damage and a lower investment to get max block.

I can say from my experiences against these builds in LLD prior to the buff, they are hell to land a hit on and do heavy dps, now they got 14% more block and 10% more dodge.

I suppose i'm only hating because i see it as a gimpy glass cannot build. I would say the offense is the builds strong point and not the recent buff to ungils. I have not vs'd hex for ages now but i've never seen the build as viable. Then again level28 is so unbalanced it's almost pointless to have an opinion.

I'll give my crit witch a proper go but this time with new ungil offhand. Also hoping to have a few games once pvp fires up. Hopefully a few very needed nerfs are coming and people can explore new "top tier" builds. :)
Last edited by exmse on Oct 26, 2013, 6:01:47 AM
"
exmse wrote:

The only advantages of Perandus I can think of is the ability to use Tempest Shield. In regard of blockchance dual Ungil´s trumps dagger+shield (55% to 44% including Tempest). Of course that does not imply that it is the best possible loadout for every build and every class, but at least on Shadow (and probably Duelist) it is the better choice, imo. On the other hand, and I think that is what you talk about, a rare dagger can have absurd amounts of physical damage, which is much harder to mitigate, although granites might counter that. But, is there such a dagger around (like 175 physical dps or more)?

Oh, and Moosifer... it is 16% more block for Dual Ungil´s, not 14%.

best regards

/edit: just wanted to be "the wiser" once ;)
Hold on to yer shite load o´ bloody barnacles on me arse-cockles, me hearty!

IGN: Trapsdrubel
Last edited by Azdrubel on Oct 26, 2013, 6:17:47 AM
Oh some reason I thought they were 13%, still insane. Shall continue bitching to see no results (or extremely limited amount of extremely powerful legacy items introduced).
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
i think the life from pendarus is op but then again duel strike much higher dps.. i'll try a few things out, i feel unsure right now.

this hits pretty hard

"
Moosifer wrote:
For LLD I'd stick with dual ungils even for damage unless you have some sort of insane dagger. 90% crit is huge.

I agree with the stuff about shields. It makes no sense to me trying to picture someone with 2 kitchen knives being able to defend attacks better than someone holding a door in front of them.

If not entropy-based or random why not one based on incoming damage similar to how armor works. Not sure exactly how it works but because shields have more structure to them they withstand hard blows easier than some dude with knives.

tbh i think a trained fighter with a set of sai daggers ( which the model of ungils are) can defend him better then a knight with a door in front of him

but thats just my opinion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info