[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Uber lab - absolutely. Shaper - it is possible though there are better builds for shaper farming for sure!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
KorgothBG, thank you a lot for the build)
I have some questions about unique items. I apologize for my English in advance :Р
What unique gloves you are recommended for the duelist slayer build? (Cost is not a problem) Or, maybe, uniques it's useless for flicker build?
What about 6L Atziri's Disfavour Vaal Axe? I think, 6L vengeance is not a bad idea. Vaal Grace will be placed in a ring.
And unique amulets. What are the recommendations? :D

In plans for the future:
Spoiler

Optional:
Combination: Sibyl's Lament and Voideye. And good gold amulet for rarity items found. Or Sibyl's Lament and Ventor's Gamble with good stats
Yes, 6L disfavour is nice, as for Vengeance at this point i've dropped it completely, better use your second 6L for a 5L frenzy and Ancestral Warchief totem. Unique amulets... there really isn't anything worth using with this build over a rare one, same goes for the gloves and the rings (well ... a very well rolled Ventor would be nice).
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Okey. Thx you a lot again ^^
Thanks for the build, Korgoth. I used it as my Leaguestarter - it's the first build I played until Maps - and it's really fun.

Since I am new to this game, I have a few questions regarding the build:

Survivability: I reached T9 Maps and sometimes die against bosses (the one in Atoll is quite dangerous for me) and some monsters with essences/stronger rare Monsters. Do I just need to change my playstyle or is my equipment missing something? I know my gloves should have Evasion and currently my cold resistance isn't capped - this happend when I changed my boots and the problem of sometimes dying was there when the resis all were capped - but I don't see any other part of my equipment where I could get more survivability easy.

Atziri: I don't have any chance against her. I usually die a few times against those three bosses before her and then lose the last portals against Atziri. My problem against Atziri is, that I either evade her attacks and do close to no damage or I attack and have troubles evading her flameblasts - and when the four copys apperear I stand no chance. Is Atziri difficult for this build or do I just need to try until I get her patterns?

Skilltree: What should I spend the last skillpoints on? Would the leech-nodes (Vitality Void) bring any advantages? The Attack-Damage leeched as life shouldn't be necessary, but the additional leech per second seems nice - sometimes I have the problem of not healing fast enough. Or would it be better to spend the skillpoints on additional life? I know I'll get +100% life per second if I take Brutal Fervour, but I'm not really motivated to go for the Uber Lab at the moment.

Weapon: I saved enough to buy a Kitava's Feast. This weapon was recommended in the gear section as the second best weapon for this build. But what makes it so good? Just the raw damage against a single target? If I compare it to Hezmana's Bloodlust (my current weapon) it gives
- depending on the roll somewhere between 10% and 25% more damage - obviously a really good improvement
- +1% physical damage leeched as mana - not a direct improvement, since Hezmanas gives Blood Magic so no mana necessary with it
- enemies you hit are destroyed on kill - nice against necromancers but is it useful in other situations?
- recover 5% of max life on kill - is this recovery instant or like lifeleech over time? If it's instant it should be a nice survivabilitybuff, as long as there are weak enemies around. If not, it shouldn't be to much of an improvement compared to regular leech or am I underestimating it?
- Socketed Gems are supported by lvl 25 Melee Splash - actually bad, since Slayer already gives Splash with Impact and lvl 25 Melee Splash reduces splash damage by 23%
Especially the last point seems pretty bad: If I socket flicker strike into Kitava's Feast I only get additional damage against the main target and the splashdamage is roughly the same (+25% base damage, -23% splash). Or should I simply remove Impact and take Brutal Fervour or Headsman instead?
It is definitly an improvement, but for me ~2 Exalts are quite a lot - especially since I could get a Taste of Hate for this which would be useful for my other char as well and won't get replaced later (whereas Kitavas Feast might be swapped for an Atziri's Disfavour if I get enough Currency), so I want to be sure it's worth it.

Sorry for this long list of questions and thanks in advance
Kuderion
Now about your survivability, first of all i see that your gear severely lacks life, and that's never good. Besides that i'd suggest to spend even more life passives on your skill tree from ow on.

About Atziri - well you could always see the Atziri video in the guide. She is not hard at all if you know what you are doing (when to attack, when to dodge, never forget that one of the clones reflects 1823162361236162316523712312357% damage and that combined with the unpredictable nature of flicker strike + mutlistrike is a no go and thus you need to use say frenzy for the actual atziri fight)

Do the Uber lab ASAP.

As for the Kitava - i'm pretty sure the 5% recovery is not instant. The splash allows you drop the Impact and take Brutal Fervor or Headsman which is actually quite nice and the damage is better. Overall without a shadow of a doubt it is the better weapon, but the question "Should i spend money on it?" is a valid one indeed. Perhaps getting a taste of hate and saving up for a Disfavor would be the better choice.
Thanks a lot for the fast answer

Guess I'll look for gear with more life, although it seems difficult, since life + resistances on amulets/ rings seems pretty expensive.

I looked at the Atziri video in the guide - I think I will stack more dps and life before I try the fight again.

I'll work on the Uber lab next - first need to solve a few remaining trials. How does Uber Izaro compare to Merciless Izaro and Tier 8/9 Mapbosses? Is he a lot more difficult?

Regarding Kitavas - I'll think about it, maybe I go directly for a Disfavour, since I'm already halfway there.
He is more difficult indeed, just make sure that he doesn't get any buffs from the first two fights with him.
Managed to improve my char a bit since my first post - changed my gear and my playstyle. It's now even more fun than before.

a) I managed to kill Atziri with just 300 life more. The key wasn't the increase in life but mainly improving my playstyle:
- proper flaskmanagement and preparation, a ruby and a topazflask help a lot
- actually changing the gemlinks like shown in the video, on my earlier tries I just switched my attack to frenzy without swappin the frenzygem with the flickering strike one. Now I actually do damage against Atziri...

b) I couldn't resist and bought a six-socket Kitavas for 2 exalted and used a few fusings until I got a 5-link.
Personally I feel it was definitly worth it. A nice damage boost to increase my clearspeed (feels like I now need one hit less against white mobs compared to before) and taking Brutal Fervour instead of Impact as well as the regen 5% of maxlife after kill improved my survivability a lot.
It also changed my evaluation of monsters. Before necromancers were extremly annoying before, since I wasted a lot of time on killing the same skeletons again and again. Now they are some of my favourite enemies, since they die very fast.
The only big drawback compared to Hezmana's is the loss of blood magic. Backtracking through cleared areas takes now much longer, since my manaregen currently can't keep up with the consumption from leap slam and Darkray Vectors don't offer any movement speed without frenzycharges. My first higher map was one with no liferegen and no manaregen. Died to a random magic monster pack because I didn't have any mana to attack after spending it all on leap slam...
With the change from Hezmanas to Kitavas I managed to easily do Tier 11 Maps (don't have any higher yet) where I had problems with Tier 9 before.

My plans for the future are
- finish Uber lab (still missing two trials, working on it)
- get more life on gear, still get oneshot sometimes (volatile blood is especially deadly)
- experiment a bit with sustaining the mana for leap slam. I currenly have it in the same link as frenzy (frenzy - faster attacks, melee physical and leap slam) since the additional manacost from melee physical support didn't matter with Hezmana. Going to try it in a two-link combined with faster attacks. If my mana is still insufficient I'll propably replace the Darkray Vectors with a nice pair of boots I found today (84 max life, nice resis and a free slot for movement speed) to increase my movementspeed outside of combat.

A few thoughts about Kitavas vs Atziris:
I'm not sure if Atziris is a much better choice for clearing maps. With Kitavas you can take Headsman instead of Impact and the 20% damage increase if killed recently compensates pretty much for the base dps-disadvantage and with -50% reflect damage taken it should be quite easy to run maps with physical reflect modifier. Furthermore the damagepenalty from Impact is larger than the one from a lvl 25 melee splash support, so white mobs should die faster with Kitavas than with Atziris. It's of course possible to take Impact + Headsman with Atziris but then the gear needs to be better (and thus more expensive) to compensate for the loss of lifeleech.
Against bosses Atziris is obviously a lot better, since it's not alway better to keep up Headsman and the bleeding should help, too.
At least for me this means I'll keep Kitavas probably for quite some time, I might even prefer to spend my currency on other builds and never replace it.

TLDR: It wasn't the build but my playstyle that stopped me from killing Atziri. Kitavas Feast is a huge improvement over Hezmanas Bloodlust and for me definitly was worth the 2 exalts

Thanks again for the awesome build and your helpful responses
I'm happy to read that your character has improved!

As for the leap slam i'd very strongly suggest to link it to a blood magic support gem, afte that you'll be able to hop around endlessly.

When it comes to Kitava vs. Atziri after giving it more thought it's hard for me to decide which one is the better weapon.

pros of Kitava (in order of importance):
1. Build-in melee splash (so you could drop the Impact and grab Brutal Fervor/Headsman)
2. Better damage vs surrounding targets from the build-in splash
5. Life Recovery (it's always nice to have some extra survivability)
6. Enemies destroyed on kill (a very nice quality of life feature)
3. Mana leech (you need some from ... somewhere ... and the axe can be that somewhere)
4. Life leech (you don't really need more life leech, but it never hurts when you do)

pros of Atziri (in order of importance):
1. Bleeding (extra DoT damage)
2. Better attack speed (faster clear speed)
3. Slightly better base damage
4. +2 level of socketed damage (resulting in a slight damage increase)

In any case i'd say - stick to the Kitava and acquire/upgrade everything else first.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info