PvP Specific nodes that dont Affect PVE

"
NewAgeOfPower wrote:
"

Dagger - "Backstab" - 60% chance to ignore enemy block, 20% crit multi, 100 attack rater, 20% increased damage when player opponent is blindsided (hit at a angle facing their back or enemies rear side)

Giving Maces and especially 2H weapons a chance to negate block is almost certainly necessary to bring them up to par in PvP.

That being said, Daggers are already one of the strongest PvP fits around. I cannot agree with this specific proposition.

I definitely realize this and was not intending any of my suggested variable's power to be absolute. They are just good examples. For dagger Maybe something like an additional 5% crit when attacking from the back or something would be more realistic and actually still OP lol.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Daggers are perfectly balanced and you'll find once the common denominator of "block" itself is toned down. That every other weapon is also perfectly balanced, it just sucks that US and Chayula destroy the meta of stun in pvp. Though its a hard trade off to take US..... Chayula on the other hand is pretty free for 95% of the duelers to use with no downside. GGG, just focus on block itself seriously. The ideas are great to toss around but will just open up another can of worms, fucking this game in a different angle.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:
Daggers are perfectly balanced and you'll find once the common denominator of "block" itself is toned down. That every other weapon is also perfectly balanced, it just sucks that US and Chayula destroy the meta of stun in pvp. Though its a hard trade off to take US..... Chayula on the other hand is pretty free for 95% of the duelers to use with no downside. GGG, just focus on block itself seriously. The ideas are great to toss around but will just open up another can of worms, fucking this game in a different angle.

Block should probably be capped at 66%, where it will still be powerful and worth building around, but not strictly better than Armor/Evasion/Resist.

That being said, giving all 2H weapons a chance to overcome block will give them their niche; as it is a player with a pair of perfect 1H (mirrorable 550+ dps weapons) will not only have higher survivability but also greater offensive power than a player with a mirrorable 800 dps 2H weapon.
If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
And treat those two impostors just the same,
-Ruyard Kipling, "If"
I shouldn't be able to Heavy Strike someone 50x pushing them across the arena in a perma knockback doing 0 damage to them but eating tempest shield (lightning penetrated too id imagine, why not right?)/shavs reflect. Block needs to either be lowered entirely or you need to take damage as you block from players. Something like 25% Especially from 2handed weapons, theres no way in hell you should be able to block a 2h weapon like the guys slapping at you like a bitch barehanded. Everyones using a shield for a reason, block ingeneral is free and it escalates to Aegis/Anvil which we all know is broken as fuuuuuuuuuuuck. Hope you guys really do look into this mechanic because frankly it kills the idea of playing aloooooooooooooot of builds that would other wise be viable. Like I said before the problems not the weapons. The problem is block and it always has been on the surface, then paired with other skills/uniques it becomes increasingly more stupid.

Fix block for real, or add the -block universal 2h cluster. Daggers really don't need looked at but id like to see Bows be able to use more then 2 skills in the arena.
Last edited by MullaXul on Jan 20, 2014, 8:11:28 PM
I have to disagree here. Block itself is not the problem. The problem is block with high ES/ES reg and/or Aegis.
As a life base block build you cant compete with this. And because you cant do the high damage as 2H or high Crit builds you need some way to prevent damage. If there is more minus block the still strong 2H can easy overrun life based block chars.
"
MrDigital wrote:
I have to disagree here. Block itself is not the problem. The problem is block with high ES/ES reg and/or Aegis.
As a life base block build you cant compete with this. And because you cant do the high damage as 2H or high Crit builds you need some way to prevent damage. If there is more minus block the still strong 2H can easy overrun life based block chars.

This statement is wrong. Es shield beats Hp shield sure. Id actually go as far as to say with the right gear Hp shield can compete with Es shield as if equals. Theres many upsides to Hp that Es doesn't have and vice versa. Hp vs Es ingeneral has had its balance gap removed its now purely gear/build that sets one above the other depending on the match up. Aegis is easily a better shield then anything Hp has though even Anvil based builds pale in comparison. But weapon choices,critical or RT, Aegis or not all factor into this match up. But my comment above was using a 2h axe against a lvl 71 with block no aegis no anvil. Block IS the problem with pvp.

I made a thread months ago that I eventually edited because I felt it was pointless at that time. I really lost hope in GGG and just disgustingly edited out what I suggested. But I'll re-phrase it here.

Id suggest to avoid disrupting the balance of shields in pvm. Plus avoid having to reconstruct the entire mechanic of blocking or worry about tweaking the tree.

Id introduce 1) A STR based red gem that offers a % to pierce enemy block chance exactly the same as the sword nodes. BUT make it only work for Maces,Staves,Axes. Leave the sword nodes on the tree because swords lack the perks the other 3 weapon types have and this should be its unique trait. Dagger doesn't need a % chance to reduce enemy block it already has enough perks to make it viable in pvp. Bows could use some help but honestly compared to melee weapons 1h or 2h with the exception of swords, Bow is in a good place. There are skills bow can use that serve it perfectly fine in pvp vs block. Cap the % at 35% and make it available at the same level as the other penetration gems (24) start at 16% and scale to 35% so its viable for both LLD and HLD.

Next id introduce 2) An INT based blue gem that does the same exact thing but for spell block. So casters of all types can benefit from it. With the introduction of this gem you'll skew the balance of skills like Molten shell vs melee alot more though. So id also suggest looking into the base dmg and/or base range of Molten shell. The skill has ridiculous base damage, 1 hit kill potential (off of criticals+fire penetration gems) and even with concentrated effect has a range farther then melee range itself. It was once suggested to add a cooldown to Molten shell. That wont fix the skill, with the introduction of CWDT triggers Molten with a cd wouldn't mean anything.

Introducing a gem leaves people with the choice to use it or not. Doesn't require unnecessarily revisiting already balanced weapons and has 0 effect on pvm balance. It by design is balanced because it 1) puts block back on a fair level 2) you sacrifice a gem slot just to use it. Its a great thing for the meta of a good pvp scene. Similar to taking auras and deciding if you should cast them at the start of a match or rush, or which flasks to use, what gear to use per match up. These are all extremely positive things for pvp.

Thats why im also an advocate of not having auras stay active between rounds, it removes options from both the player and the opponent. It may be tedious as fuck, but its true in the end. Plus a gem is a non bias suggestion that if both were implemented helps both melee and casters equally. Because frankly I've played dozens of builds from 2h sword,axe, 1h crit dagger, 1h spell casters,bow,2h staff caster,trapper,facebreaker. And know that 2h casters suck complete balls vs 1h/shield casters and the same is true for Bow/2h melee vs 1h/shield melee.

Block should stay as it is, but we need options to deal with it. Because right now Block is free to take, does its job way too well and acts as a security blanket for people that are otherwise horrible in this area of the game (don't take that the wrong way, its not directed at everyone nor anyone inparticular. Its just obvious it has 0 downsides and carries alot of players way further then it should). Then you start to add the uniques to the game which augment block even further. Introducing the gems would prevent having to rework these uniques aswell because with a proper gem set up, smart play and utilizing the many many skills a player can use at once will make facing even Aegis shield tanks less difficult for even the average player. This isn't Diablo2, you're not confined to your build/skill choice only. Its more like Diablo1 where you yourself make shit work anyway you need it to. But limitations start to show in this area when you really can't do anything about the problem you're faced with...i.e block currently.
Last edited by MullaXul on Jan 21, 2014, 3:17:19 PM
yeah i can't touch anyone with block build

this doesn't even matter lol
my stun is useless too
Last edited by LuffyTheGreatzz on Jan 21, 2014, 12:40:34 PM
GGG please read my last post, I know you've already made plans to fix block in some way. You may have already read my initial post suggesting the same thing months ago. But if you haven't and my suggestion differs from your approach, concider it please.
Last edited by MullaXul on Jan 21, 2014, 3:09:24 PM
u can rape maps /stunlock the toughest bosses like none of this junk can

but this pvp pro's use chaula and hide behind their shields. not to mention they skip 99% of the bosses or still walk away from 74 vaal maps, but they can still take no dmg from your beast mace. its cool we marauders can sit afk and take vaal hits while this bitches walk away

hold on to that beast it wont be long for the revolution of the Marauder

it sucks u got a blue socket there tho as u wont be able to smash their heads with a full 6link heavystrike
100 Marauder - Hardcore
28 PvP Duelist (271/69), 100 PvP Marauder (1147/219)- Standard [Retired in 2014]
The most reliable cross league trader HC <----> SC
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320004
IGN: BNDTJE
"
its cool we marauders can sit afk and take vaal hits while this bitches walk away

Make a video of doing this, but please, without a legacy Kaoms.
And beside of this, I also play Marauder.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info