Add instilling orbs to life flasks, or make Master Surgeon automate life flasks

i could see them capping escape artist. i think the builds require enough investment that theyre somewhat balanced outside of that one node.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
its not piano though, its just 1 flask.

My point was that i personally find it the same to piano all 5 as to keep pressing 1

and yes auspexa it does have a downside it halves recovery which is a real one rather than press 1 every 6 seconds which is a contrived one.

Like right now guys if you think the downside is you have to press it i've got news for you, that might be frustrating but it isn't a downside it has no mechanical change to a build and its so trivial to maintain 100% uptime that you can be woefully inaccurate in your timing and still have 100%.

If it needs a bigger downside it needs a bigger one but it shouldn't be from the qol factor we should have passed when the qol factor is what GGG target.

that's wrong. I'm playing with vinespike cordial and need 100% uptime

even with halved recovery I have like 8500 recovery per sec, the downside doesn't really matter because you're immune to basically all dots

if we could automate life flasks, everyone would play pf
Why have you said i'm wrong then agreed with everything I said?

Also I doubt vinespike will survive i'm surprised they even added it, it might take it being abused in a gauntlet to show them but as soon as it was datamined i got a lmao out of me.

Its not as bad as vengeant cascade but its still absolutely ludicrous as an anoint.

Edit: I don't think anyone is suggesting your flask just auto heals for its heal rate btw just that it could be crafted with use on full charges etc. Just incase anyone was heading in that direction
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Sep 8, 2024, 1:46:51 PM
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

having significant power behind press a key every 5-6s is just not good design IMO its just redundant.

I have to point out.....does this mean that EVERYTHING beyond your main skill (assuming its spammable) is just, redundancy?

Isn't that just.....a staple of pretty much every single rpg, arpg, or skill-based game that isn't turn-based? You press a button at the right time for a buff/debuff/etc.

What does it matter if its from a flask, or from a skill, or from any button on the keyboard?

Are you arguing that every single thing in the game should be RF plus mageblood playstyle?
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Sep 8, 2024, 2:03:43 PM
I can see why you'd say that

However I don't press a button every ~6s without any thought whatsoever on any other skill - even warcries you try to find a good time to press them or you don't always need them etc.

PF you literally just press it, no reason to think about it, no reason not to.

The old left click skills would be a fair comparison but as soon as they removed it they put automate back in so we never actually lost it just paid a slightly higher cost (and we never had to just press it on cooldown)

Also those other skills you mention aren't ascendancy points which I feel should be pretty qol friendly.

What it comes down to is your statement "at the right time"

currently there isn't a right time and it either needs one, or they should fix its qol. In either case if its OP they should also address that part Auspexa is right that it gives bonkers recovery.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Sep 8, 2024, 2:14:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info