Add instilling orbs to life flasks, or make Master Surgeon automate life flasks

having like 10k recovery per second has to have a downside
"
auspexa wrote:
having like 10k recovery per second has to have a downside

Funny enough its not even enough of a downside to have to manually press it. All builds do outside of ci builds unless you use that one belt from sirus (i think)
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
its not piano though, its just 1 flask.

My point was that i personally find it the same to piano all 5 as to keep pressing 1

and yes auspexa it does have a downside it halves recovery which is a real one rather than press 1 every 6 seconds which is a contrived one.

Like right now guys if you think the downside is you have to press it i've got news for you, that might be frustrating but it isn't a downside it has no mechanical change to a build and its so trivial to maintain 100% uptime that you can be woefully inaccurate in your timing and still have 100%.

If it needs a bigger downside it needs a bigger one but it shouldn't be from the qol factor we should have passed when the qol factor is what GGG target.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
its not piano though, its just 1 flask.

My point was that i personally find it the same to piano all 5 as to keep pressing 1

and yes auspexa it does have a downside it halves recovery which is a real one rather than press 1 every 6 seconds which is a contrived one.

Like right now guys if you think the downside is you have to press it i've got news for you, that might be frustrating but it isn't a downside it has no mechanical change to a build and its so trivial to maintain 100% uptime that you can be woefully inaccurate in your timing and still have 100%.

If it needs a bigger downside it needs a bigger one but it shouldn't be from the qol factor we should have passed when the qol factor is what GGG target.

But it does add mechanical change to a build. See divination distillate. Or the new anoint that gives you grasping vines during life flask effect so you can easily poison.
vinespike already has 100% uptime, divine distillate is a good shout but its also a unique and a hybrid so they could filter it by design.

I know you guys think its some easy mode bullshit but Lonnie you are literally playing an autoexert zerker its a carbon copy qol improvement in return for some (almost none in the offensive warcries case) loss in power and some reserve.

Give PF the same thing, put an automated flask craft in that makes it shitter the whole ascendancy will just feel better but actually be worse isn't that the goal?

Edit: As I do agree it is pretty busted as a node, primarily because of how common/easy it is to get extra life flask effect I suspect (which is necessary for other characters that use them normally)
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Sep 7, 2024, 4:23:53 PM
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
Honestly it would be overpowered. They would have to nerf it to add this function. Its too much regen to be automated
If thats so then thats so. I completely disagree with the "balance by making it annoying, clunky or micro" approach. Much better to balance it on a power level.

"
Draegnarrr wrote:
+1
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
vinespike already has 100% uptime, divine distillate is a good shout but its also a unique and a hybrid so they could filter it by design.

I know you guys think its some easy mode bullshit but Lonnie you are literally playing an autoexert zerker its a carbon copy qol improvement in return for some (almost none in the offensive warcries case) loss in power and some reserve.

Give PF the same thing, put an automated flask craft in that makes it shitter the whole ascendancy will just feel better but actually be worse isn't that the goal?

Edit: As I do agree it is pretty busted as a node, primarily because of how common/easy it is to get extra life flask effect I suspect (which is necessary for other characters that use them normally)

Whats your point, i play earthshatter berserker every league since 3.15 when i tried it in gauntlet. Why wouldnt i level to 100 with something a little easier on the hands.

PF already has the automated flask tech for 4 of their flasks. if they want to play ci and use the heist belt they can drop a flask, get more flask effect and be pretty solid without master surgeon. You dont have to pick that node. If they had master surgeon on the way to the 3 charges node i would tend to agree its horrible.
My point is it is a parallel and one you clearly use/enjoy :p

It wouldn't make the game worse its just an irritation they could fix while simultaneously curtailing a probably OP ascendancy node.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
My point is it is a parallel and one you clearly use/enjoy :p

It wouldn't make the game worse its just an irritation they could fix while simultaneously curtailing a probably OP ascendancy node.

The difference is berserker was underplayed. PF has been op for quite some time now. Phys taken as on pf allowed it to be tankier to big phys hits than a juggernaut with armour due to the way armour worked. They seem to be on a trend making pf worse and lower left builds better. I doubt they would make master surgeon automated.
I agree with you there but I'm not talking about what I think they will do, just what I think might be a good idea and remember i'm not even framing this as a buff this is a stealth nerf which is absolutely their style lol.

Though personally I think trickster is #1 on the chopping block atm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info