Expire chat bans

1. Chat bans never expire
2. Every chat ban is twice as long as the previous one
3. Chat bans are now trade bans

This means the longer you play the higher the risk your account becomes unusable because it's muted from trade for a very long time.

This means if you invest real money into the game then you should not use the chat feature. What an odd thing to pay to enjoy the game less.

Or you don't buy any MTX until chat expire is invented because you need to be ready to throw away your account and restart.

It's mind boggling how GGG has managed to create a cluster of policies which only hurt their most avid fans.
Last bumped on Sep 5, 2024, 10:26:11 AM
"
1. Chat bans never expire
2. Every chat ban is twice as long as the previous one
3. Chat bans are now trade bans

This means the longer you play the higher the risk your account becomes unusable because it's muted from trade for a very long time.

This means if you invest real money into the game then you should not use the chat feature. What an odd thing to pay to enjoy the game less.

Or you don't buy any MTX until chat expire is invented because you need to be ready to throw away your account and restart.

It's mind boggling how GGG has managed to create a cluster of policies which only hurt their most avid fans.

GGG's most avid fans like to abuse chat?

I think GGG's most avid fans has the most supporter packs.
8 mod maps are the new alch and go.
Or simply follow the game rules and be kind to others?
"
Jaikai wrote:

To be fair the moderation in game and on this forum is....something else. You can get a timeout/ban for very innocuous things. I had a one day forum ban one time for a nothing burger post and emailed support to get it overturned. It was overturned but the fact that it was issued at all spoke volumes to me.
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
"
Jaikai wrote:

To be fair the moderation in game and on this forum is....something else. You can get a timeout/ban for very innocuous things. I had a one day forum ban one time for a nothing burger post and emailed support to get it overturned. It was overturned but the fact that it was issued at all spoke volumes to me.

Wow they didn't make you wait a YEAR? lucky.

Sometimes they throw away the key right or wrong.

Too busy to say sorry i guess #customersupport
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Sep 3, 2024, 11:45:41 PM
Here's a gem from reddit:

Last edited by TrappedInWraeclast on Sep 4, 2024, 6:34:13 AM
It's obv ok for them to use an algorhytm otherwise it would probably not be possible to handle everything, but if the player reports this to ggg they should give them like 300 points or sth as an excuse.(in this particular case shown that is)
Last edited by Strickl3r on Sep 4, 2024, 6:50:16 AM
"
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
"
Jaikai wrote:

Wow they didn't make you wait a YEAR? lucky.

Sometimes they throw away the key right or wrong.

Too busy to say sorry i guess #customersupport

Id hope not since it was my first ever forum ban and it would have been just a day anyway. But I do wonder if it would count against me for a longer ban in the future.
Forum probation and in-game chat bans are completely unrelated to each other and don't interact in any way. If you get temporarily restricted from making forum posts, you're still allowed to use all features of in-game chat, such as the ability to whisper players to make trades. Repeat violations of either kind will often lead to longer and longer suspensions, but they don't relate to each other.

So nothing you do on the forums will ever lead to a loss of in-game functionality, or vice versa, unless you go so far over the line that your entire account is permanently banned.
Two things cross my mind.

1) any chat mute or ban can always be discussed by contacting GGG at their support email if you feel it was unwarranted or unfair.

2) I think these mutes should be escalating 5,10,20 mins etc per league but reset at each league start. A player that constantly breaches a tier of mute (say an hour for example) should then be considered for a ban after a manual review (also bearing in mind the appeal process in point 1)

Footnote, the current system does seem (we don’t know) to be based on either just user reports that are unchecked or some automated system looking for words that are often inoffensive (think they’ve fixed some but used to be you couldn’t ask in trade for a specific type of expedition token because one of the words contained part of an insult). If this is true it needs to be changed, we can’t rely on purely player reports and automation and a manual confirmation has to be part of the process.
Last edited by Timbo Zero on Sep 5, 2024, 4:03:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info