Item/gear market place

"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
"
"
FearZGamer wrote:
First if you get scammed while awful, its your own fault.

Wrong, Its the person's fault who scammed them..

This whole perception that its the victims fault is largely sold by the actual scammers because if they can believe that its your fault for making the mistake then they didn't do anything wrong and deserve all the currency they got out of you.

No LOL It is THE PLAYERS Fault YES it is THE VICTIMS fault FOR NOT LOOKING.

You sure? Why did GGG add in systems to protect against this then?

Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Sep 3, 2024, 1:19:48 AM
Yes? It is 100% the players fault they LEARN FROM it. Were they the ones who didn't look before hand?

Yes

Were they the ones WHO CLICKED IT? WHEN YOU LITERALLY have to HOVER over the item to even trade.

Yes

It IS there fault take some accountability for yourself.

You can't argue with that LMAO.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Sep 3, 2024, 12:05:29 AM
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
Yes? It is 100% the players fault they LEARN FROM it. Were they the ones who didn't look before hand?

Yes

Were they the ones WHO CLICKED IT? WHEN YOU LITERALLY have to HOVER over the item to even trade.

Yes

You're wrong, Its the person who sought to cheat the buyer, If it happens over and over then perhaps yes it could be the victims fault for not learning but never in this process does the person scamming them become innocent or in any way free of the guilt that they earned by trying to cheat other people out of their hard earned items and time spent.

Nothing will ever change that no matter how hard anyone trys, bad deeds are bad period.

It's not ok to take advantage of people even if its in a game unless that game was literally designed for you to do just that and this one is definitely not built for that.. facts.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Sep 3, 2024, 12:12:16 AM
Everyone involved is at fault.

Player operating the scam shouldn't be taking advantage of people like that

Player getting scammed should be looking at what they're doing

If you're being offered a lower price and you accept it, that's not a scam. That's just you forgetting how much something is worth and not checking the item before you pull it out of your stash.

As entertaining as the back and forth 'no u' is to watch, it kinda gets old after all this time

"
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

Yes

Yes

You're wrong, Its the person who sought to cheat the buyer, If it happens over and over then perhaps yes it could be the victims fault for not learning but never in this process does the person scamming them become innocent or in any way free of the guilt that they earned by trying to cheat other people out of their hard earned items and time spent.

Nothing will ever change that no matter how hard anyone trys, bad deeds are bad period.

It's not ok to take advantage of people even if its in a game unless that game was literally designed for you to do just that and this one is definitely not built for that.. facts.

lmao facts? FACTS IS THAT YOU LITERALLY have to HOVER over the item to even complete the trade.

He didn't read.

He clicked it on his own.

End of story.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Tsayah wrote:
Everyone involved is at fault.

Player operating the scam shouldn't be taking advantage of people like that

Player getting scammed should be looking at what they're doing

If you're being offered a lower price and you accept it, that's not a scam. That's just you forgetting how much something is worth and not checking the item before you pull it out of your stash.

As entertaining as the back and forth 'no u' is to watch, it kinda gets old after all this time

Most people don't get scammed twice i like to think so the narrative that its their fault almost being the default is rather toxic if you think about it when they already feel bad enough as is for no real fault of their own.

Y'kno there was some years ago a self proclaimed scammer and leader of a scamming-guild that would post in threads like these a lot saying scamming is the victims fault, You can still enjoy the quotes today.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Sep 3, 2024, 12:30:51 AM
This post isn't about assigning blame. I fully acknowledge that my unfamiliarity contributed to what happened, so feel free to hold me accountable. After all, this is just a game, and all I lost was some time. In the grand scheme of things, people are losing hundreds of thousands to scams in real life, these are sophisticated schemes targeting professionals people who are very careful.

My main goal is to bring this issue to GGG's attention. They probably already have a plan.

if scams can be reduced the game would be much more enjoyable, that's my point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info