Viper Strike of the Mamba +Profane Bloom = bad combo

You can play almost any build on almost any class and make it work. I'm playing explosive trap poison pathfinder and it's blasting. I could make the same build on almost all classes and all of them would work. Already have planned pobs for assassin, elementalist, occultist and trickster (no saboteur though, ironically the WORST class for trap builds). Like, assassin has to go crit and use penance brand somewhere in the build for noxious strike stacks, but the others don't and can be EO based. Pathfinder is the only one that can be played without a petrified blood setup. You just have to adapt your gear and tree accordingly

The solution is very simple here. Get rid of all global chance to poison, only have chance to poison with attacks. Don't use herald of agony, as it's one of the worst reservation skills in the game anyway. 10% more damage for 25% reservation is trash. Scale with cluster jewels and low tolerance. Have 100% chance to poison with VPM, but 0% chance to poison with profane bloom

Your inability to come up with solutions to the problems in your builds doesn't in any way indicate that the game is designed like diablo 4 (bad)
Last edited by auspexa on Aug 13, 2024, 9:53:34 PM
"
Mathil literally playing VSM right now if you need help figuring out how to make the build work.

He's playing it on a Trickster, because that makes sense.

Yes, i got the inspiration to try trickster instead thanks to his video
"
auspexa wrote:
You can play almost any build on almost any class and make it work. I'm playing explosive trap poison pathfinder and it's blasting. I could make the same build on almost all classes and all of them would work. Already have planned pobs for assassin, elementalist, occultist and trickster (no saboteur though, ironically the WORST class for trap builds). Like, assassin has to go crit and use penance brand somewhere in the build for noxious strike stacks, but the others don't and can be EO based. Pathfinder is the only one that can be played without a petrified blood setup. You just have to adapt your gear and tree accordingly

The solution is very simple here. Get rid of all global chance to poison, only have chance to poison with attacks. Don't use herald of agony, as it's one of the worst reservation skills in the game anyway. 10% more damage for 25% reservation is trash. Scale with cluster jewels and low tolerance. Have 100% chance to poison with VPM, but 0% chance to poison with profane bloom

Your inability to come up with solutions to the problems in your builds doesn't in any way indicate that the game is designed like diablo 4 (bad)

I didn't say occultist didn't work, i just said it didn't work well with Profane Bloom and as a result suggested to change the wording on the gem, that's it
Id honestly be careful of this one Mathil is doing. Its screaming notes to come out similar to the tincture nerf earlier this league. This is completely busted as hell.

Look at the price now of Binos lmao.

"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Last edited by Mashgesture on Aug 14, 2024, 12:11:11 AM
That's not really a high price for a BiS weapon for everyone who's playing the ability as non Pathfinder.
Doubt they nerf anything about it cause it's currently in a acceptable spot.
People have played it leagues before on even theoretically a worse version with the old PA keystone and still hit dot cap easily.

A streamer playing it now doesn't make it meta or overpowered lol
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Aug 14, 2024, 1:34:11 AM
"
Mashgesture wrote:
Id honestly be careful of this one Mathil is doing. Its screaming notes to come out similar to the tincture nerf earlier this league. This is completely busted as hell.

Look at the price now of Binos lmao.

u think 5 divines expensive? lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
ryuukk33 wrote:
"
auspexa wrote:

I didn't say occultist didn't work, i just said it didn't work well with Profane Bloom and as a result suggested to change the wording on the gem, that's it

It didn't work well in your case because you built it wrong. As I said, get rid of global chance to poison and it'll work perfectly fine. Your all problems are arising from the fact that you have global chance to poison in your build, causing profane bloom to apply poison and preventing you from applying it with mamba instead
Last edited by auspexa on Aug 14, 2024, 2:13:54 AM
"
auspexa wrote:

It didn't work well in your case because you built it wrong. As I said, get rid of global chance to poison and it'll work perfectly fine. Your all problems are arising from the fact that you have global chance to poison in your build, causing profane bloom to apply poison and preventing you from applying it with mamba instead

I didn't "built it wrong", i noticed it is a bad combo, and i suggested a change in the "Feedback and Suggestions" forum section so it encourages people to build in different ways

"I poison, but i can't poison if i don't have global modifier X"

This is a flawed mindset, now everyone plays Pathfinder

My suggestion is to make it so people have choice

Don't come telling me i "built it wrong", your assumption is wrong, remove that from your mouth
Last edited by ryuukk33 on Aug 14, 2024, 2:34:27 AM
"
auspexa wrote:

See, this is why PoE gets trashed by these players

Not because PoE is not casual friendly

But because you do not understand nor do you realize how wrong you are and how your suggestion makes no sense

Last edited by ryuukk33 on Aug 14, 2024, 2:39:52 AM
Most of your problems in life will solve themselves if you can start admitting to yourself when you're wrong and actually make improvements. It's gonna be liberating.

Everyone who has commented here has told you the same, basically. Most of whom have 10x as much experience at the game than you, from what I can tell. Maybe that should tell you something.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info