first captured ship - no chance area-LVL 84

how does this passed QA ?

first capture -> level 84 area -> i went in blind and got 1-shotted by the wave mechanic instantly -> only 1 try -> yeah nice design...

do you even try this yourself? i highly doubt it . this is a miracle to pass through QA which is highly likely to be the case -> there is none QA

where does the MTX money go?

FEEDBACK -> test your stuff before release
SUGGESTIONS -> add quality control to your development on a daily basis
Last edited by b44dss on Aug 1, 2024, 5:53:25 PM
Last bumped on Aug 4, 2024, 6:40:22 PM
If you die to a one shot during a boss fight it simply means you're not ready for it as you obviously lack a proper defensive layer or the damage to ignore most of the fight.

Honestly it's good that they introduced "one portal" fights ever few leagues since Sanctum league. Death rushing a boss with 6 portals shouldn't be a thing for any of the boss fights tbh.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
Pashid wrote:
If you die to a one shot during a boss fight it simply means you're not ready for it as you obviously lack a proper defensive layer or the damage to ignore most of the fight.

Honestly it's good that they introduced "one portal" fights ever few leagues since Sanctum league. Death rushing a boss with 6 portals shouldn't be a thing for any of the boss fights tbh.

why is it level 84 area on my first try?
why am i pressured to do it or otherwise i am missing out since i CANOT SEND ANY OTHER SHIPS?

not ready? are you even braining? what you just said is actually brai****sorry

it is a 200% dealbreaker for people who do not chase meta streamer builds which oneshot the whole game brainlessly.

first encounter and you die in a blink of an eye? area level 84? you must be fully bra**** dama+++++
Last edited by b44dss on Aug 1, 2024, 6:19:06 PM
The waves deal damage?

Huh the more you know I guess. I thought there were just pushing you around and thats about it.
I get that this kinda event should be i dunno warned? Informed? Area lvl and rest info.
single try boss fights are NEVER good if things are not clearly visible, well telegraphed and are avoidable at something like base character speed plus boots

if any of those conditions are not met you are not getting a chance to learn the fight, you are simply being punished for not watching youtube ahead of time, which is not playing the game, or not coming in with all kinds of defenses stacked ahead of time so you are ready for no matter what is thrown at you which is tall order due to how characters have progression and may not have everything covered by the time the encounter is forced on them

it breeds extra frustration if you have resources riding on the fight that you didn't really elect to risk yourself but the game just arbitrarily decides its time to screw you
Last edited by Bosscannon on Aug 2, 2024, 3:29:41 AM
You people should stop shutting him down and be more empathic and see where he is coming from instead. Stop posting these useless comments where you just flame the thread-starter, it helps none.

It sounds to me he's bothered he went in fairly fresh after maps and got headshot by a wave.

There is an option to pay the ransom instead of fighting the boss, but I've heard the cost is unknown as none ever was able to afford it. The third option is to abandon the ship and just continue with new ships.
Last edited by Simple2012 on Aug 2, 2024, 3:03:12 AM
"
Simple2012 wrote:
You people should stop shutting him down and be more empathic and see where he is coming from instead. Stop posting these useless comments where you just flame the thread-starter, it helps none.

So if we give him/her actual advice, that his/her defenses maybe a bit bad, we get called brainrot/braindamaged. Yeah I see why we should empathize with him/her.
Last edited by Aphex1993 on Aug 2, 2024, 3:12:19 AM
"
Pashid wrote:

Completely disagree with this take. The entire game is built around exploration and discovery. If a player's first inclination upon finding something new is "I NEED to go watch a YouTube video about it", then that is a game design failure. They may want to do so, but they shouldn't feel punished for not doing so. One portal fights are always going to feel that way.

Sanctum at the very least gave the player agency with respect to this. You probably aren't going to win on your first try, so maybe don't go for the big delayed rewards. Dying to King in the Mists sucked but you didn't really lose anything. Dying in these fights actively sets back your progression. To me, that makes this the worst "one portal" mechanic yet by a wide margin.
I think this boss is preparation for PoE2. Get used to it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info