Map Runners Failing

I built a map device in Kingsmarch and upgraded it to have 4 portals and be able to run white and yellow tier maps. I hired the max (4) map runners, job levels II-IV. This should be good enough to run T1 maps, right? Wrong!

If I queue some modless T1 maps, those runners almost never complete them. Most of the time I get a notification that a map was partially completed, and the loot ranges from literally NOTHING to a couple of junk drops and a cheap currency shard. Very rarely (about 1 out of 10) they do complete a map and bring in several drops and some cheap currency.

But in about 1 out 5 maps they FAIL and one of the runners is lost. And the whole process is halted until I manually restart it.

They FAIL at modless T1 maps! Quite often. This is just stupid. As it stands right now, this mechanic is pointless and unrewarding.

Please reduce the chance of failure drastically. And increase the chance of success too.
Last bumped on Aug 14, 2024, 7:41:43 AM
Hire better runners if you want to have 100% chance.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
You'll want level 7+ runners for higher tier maps and good %chance they complete the maps successfully. Map difficulty is also affected by explicit mods on the map afaik
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
You'll want level 7+ runners for higher tier maps and good %chance they complete the maps successfully. Map difficulty is also affected by explicit mods on the map afaik

So I need high level runners even for modless T1 maps? Level IV ones can't survive a queue of 10 white maps. They will fail and die. In T1. That's my point here.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

I know POE players struggle with reading, but come on. The OP literally specified he's failing at t1 modless maps.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

So I need high level runners even for modless T1 maps? Level IV ones can't survive a queue of 10 white maps. They will fail and die. In T1. That's my point here.

When you hover over the map it'll tell you what the success rate is and what the range of completion will be at the power level your runners have.

The game literally tells you the outcome

"
Ydoum wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

I know POE players struggle with reading, but come on. The OP literally specified he's failing at t1 modless maps.

Since you like reading, try this
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Jul 29, 2024, 2:09:29 PM
Running white maps with 4 level 5 mercs and the chance of death is 15-25% and success rate is at most 65%.
After running ~100 maps they were able to complete a whopping 6!

Those arguing against the need to tweak this should check their Ambition Assignments Challenge - "Claim rewards from Maps successfully completed by your Atlas Runners" to see just how lacking their capabilities are. Partial success vs Complete Success of a map is clocking in at about 20 to 1.
This is an absolute oversight... you're intended to interact with the mapping in SoK, but not until you have maxed out the entire thing? That makes no sense.

You're introduced to this I would say by early yellow maps (or sooner) which by that time you should have enough gold and items to unlock it, and maybe upgrade it a couple times; to then hire 2 expensive Rank (6) mappers, throw WHITE T1 maps into the device and still have a 1% chance to die which in reality is actually 20%+ Shit I would say it's actually 50/50.

I set up T1 blue single affix on maps with a 75%-100% completion (WHY?) it should be 100% period, with 1% chance to die... why?! it should be 0% chance to die. I left it over night, logged in and I completed 3 maps, before a RANK (6) mapper died.

I then set up T1 WHITE no affix maps with 86-100% completion and still 1% chance to die... you guessed it, a mapper died within a couple runs. This is clearly not as it was intended, and if it is, I believe it needs to be revised.

Here I was thinking they gave casual players a nice little incentive to gather a bit of gold, throw it into some maps and ships, then head out for the day, to come back to some loot. NOPE most certainly did not turn out that way. Guess I have to no life weekends until I unlock the entire zone, get million's of gold, buy the best ranked mappers to complete a couple T1-T5 maps. LOL, right...

Last edited by Shauneh13 on Aug 3, 2024, 5:56:59 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Yeah the system is flawed there. Probably buggy or not tested by ggg like always. llower tier runners should be able to complete lower tier maps, not 100% of the time but mostly.
Automapping just dont work yet.
It needs serious patches.

I tested it too.
Same results, high tier mappers gets lost in white modless t1-t3 so often and halts the process that literally need to babysit em to keep mapping going.

Counter-play practice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info