6000 hours of Melee Scientific Expert Tells You the Truth- Melee changes ACTUALLY 100% suck

"
I just said steel is streaming currently. Tune in

The other two you can find in Vods posted yesterday

Yea I tuned in.

20 mirror build with all PoB sliders maxed and "hoping" that some phys damage to ele modifiers stay in the game.

But sure, as I said, Bleed builds probably did get better than your standard melee build.

"
TL;DR

Warden, bleed, retaliate etc. memes can be worth fiddling around with. Cyclone, Reave, Lacerate etc. is way worse than before.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
I just said steel is streaming currently. Tune in

The other two you can find in Vods posted yesterday

Yea I tuned in.

20 mirror build with all PoB sliders maxed and "hoping" that some phys damage to ele modifiers stay in the game.

Thats not true at all lmao.

Love the OP lmfao

Gets told they are wrong and something that literally contradicts their opinion and resorts to just making things up.

"Yea the build is 20 mirror and all the POB sliders are maxed"

Not only is the build not even a single mirror, or even close to it. But this build is leaving out A LOT so you can put things like max res on jewels, recombination mods to push it further, suppress, missing new multiplied modifiers from quality...

Gear(Can link more once hes done editing, hes changed his chest piece like 6x):

Spoiler

x2
old chest piece

Both awakened gems only level 5. Brutality/Melee phy damage.

Volatility, the only level 21 gem.

But steel has even left off conditional defenses like flasks, molten shell OFF

Sliders were also not maxed lol, he even set the enemy stats to Guardian/Pinacle. No conditional stats are on.

Hes still working on it will update further.

TLDR: Not even close to a single mirror, much less 100 div. No sliders were maxed, all conditionals left off. Currently being updated.

"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Last edited by Mashgesture on Jul 20, 2024, 5:36:15 PM
20 mirrors cause graveyard crafting isn't a thing anymore?
What a shame that there are still plenty of ways to craft sick gear for those sick melee build numbers without even a single mirror lol
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
Fuck.

The 2x gem damage increase is a BAIT for already #1.

1. Totem was 50% of your total DPS before, although it got added to the gems, there were so many nerfs elsewhere.

Man the value of melee totems for PoB warriors inflates every single day after the news that they were deleted lol.

Can;t take the rest seriously might have been some good points for sure the melee rework has some massive flaws. and for sure GGG did their predictable classic "buff with one hand while trying to hide the big nerf stick in the other".

They literally never give anything without there being nerfs under the hood.

That said melee totems are quickly reaching legendary martyr status. Never mind their actual math in most cases even with 100% up time, never mind the automatic assumptions of Panopticon and a 3 link and the automatic disregard of what you get back when you don't need it. Never mind that every time you dropped totems you were interupting your DPS.

Melee totems MAYBE had a 70% up time when you needed them. I've literally watched the games best players in tense Uber fights have ~50% up time. Most of us probably had worse up time. I can count how many times I've seen someone use some of their DPS window on Sirus to drop totems that got instantly deleted.

Melee being married to totems was trash design, good riddence to obligatory requirements on the one playstyle in the game that almost always has more buttons to press than the other playstyles. Yeah banners are also now obligatory (at first glance anyway not looked at them closely) but at least they don't get deleted by the boss lol.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
alhazred70 wrote:

Melee totems MAYBE had a 70% up time when you needed them. I've literally watched the games best players in tense Uber fights have ~50% up time. Most of us probably had worse up time. I can count how many times I've seen someone use some of their DPS window on Sirus to drop totems that got instantly deleted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Db_lPwr9lE

Time for you to watch the absolute best gamer then. Totem is up 100% of the time even in Uber Elder and Maven.

The real PoB warrior brain is thinking that casting totems is stealing something major away. No, it's annoying, but PoE has a transition every 10 seconds, and even without this the cast is so fast that you can use it while your movement spell is on cooldown or while you're dodging.

Totems as a gameplay loop suck, but power wise (if you were the absolute best player, not just the best) it doubled your DPS.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Jul 20, 2024, 6:42:40 PM
"

TLDR: Not even close to a single mirror, much less 100 div. No sliders were maxed, all conditionals left off. Currently being updated.

Honestly if you push Ryslathas into an endgame upgrade assume its a longer term and sub in a dirt poor Meginords girdle or an okay vice this build is SSF viable for even a sweaty casual like myself or a few chaos to put together in trade if someone prefers.

And yeah anyone accusing Steel of fluffing his PoB is just making shit up.
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
alhazred70 wrote:

Melee totems MAYBE had a 70% up time when you needed them. I've literally watched the games best players in tense Uber fights have ~50% up time. Most of us probably had worse up time.

You've seen someone on stream being just focused too hard on other stuff like their life bar and the logout macro hotkey instead of their totems having full uptime. Them not using utilities at close to 100% uptime is just a indicator that they do in fact lacked either the skill or didn't cared to much cause they played a zdps build anyways. The totem buffs did little to nothing in this case for them anyways.

While the totem design was in fact a little bit annoying in case to case scenarios it was nothing but a "get good" reward like many other games have it by rewarding ambitious players for their gameplay min-maxing.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jul 20, 2024, 7:00:59 PM
"
alhazred70 wrote:
"

Honestly if you push Ryslathas into an endgame upgrade assume its a longer term and sub in a dirt poor Meginords girdle or an okay vice this build is SSF viable for even a sweaty casual like myself or a few chaos to put together in trade if someone prefers.

And yeah anyone accusing Steel of fluffing his PoB is just making shit up.

Honestly and what I esp love about this one is there's a single unique in play in his build and its just the belt.

No massive pad from a lethal pride or any crazy watchers eye.

Not even an auls for pride, he actually didnt need the reservation on the helm so I am looking hard into this one for league start.

Ben has made something similar but more on hit oriented for the same skill but he uses berserker
https://pobb.in/Abve7YxXzPz1

Hes currently streaming another slam idea of his as well. Hes already put up slayer LS and RV.

Theres also things in the works 100% for frost blades WITHOUT hatred from another guy named Ruetoo.

Alkaiser had a crazy dual strike build.

Stuff is moving fast.
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Last edited by Mashgesture on Jul 20, 2024, 7:04:39 PM
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
alhazred70 wrote:

Time for you to watch the absolute best gamer then. Totem is up 100% of the time even in Uber Elder and Maven.

The real PoB warrior brain is thinking that casting totems is stealing something major away. No, it's annoying, but PoE has a transition every 10 seconds, and even without this the cast is so fast that you can use it while your movement spell is on cooldown or while you're dodging.

Totems as a gameplay loop suck, but power wise (if you were the absolute best player, not just the best) it doubled your DPS.

Sweet so why is he glowing about melee changes but you're all "sky is falling" then?

You and I are not Ben.
"
alhazred70 wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
alhazred70 wrote:

Sweet so why is he glowing about melee changes but you're all "sky is falling" then?

You and I are not Ben.

You and I are not Ben - why would I know what Ben thinks? Make an argument (:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info