Overall Game Perfomance state - and why GGG is in silenced mode about it?

Its pretty pathetic how bad they are at coding their own game. Performance is at an all time low (can stutter down to 4fps) on the same rig I used to do full delirious maps last year.
Performance has never been GGG's strongsuit. But, it seems to have taken a nosedive this league. I'm rocking a rtx4070, 32gb ram, m2 ssd, i7-13700k, and I'm getting 10-20 fps in 2+ people maps. I basically have to turn off cosmetics and change resolution down to 1080p just to get 30fps.
Tala Moana, Exile.
what kind of maps are you guys running that get you that low on FPS?
I thought I was complaining a bit where my FPS goes 170 ~ 110 in maps which result sometimes in a little bit noticeable lag. Even though I have 144hz monitor and V-SYNC turned on for some reason it still doesn't just cap at 144 fps. But that's going off topic here.

Playing with all settings on the highest settings and on 2560x1440p.

I am assuming you guys are playing those super juiced up extreme density maps where you get these FPS drops? I see it on alot of peoples streams and youtube videos. My maps ain't that super juiced so I can't really speak for that, I would assume my system too would effected.

Last edited by marfjuhhh on Apr 10, 2024, 1:32:54 PM
"
marfjuhhh wrote:
I thought I was complaining a bit where my FPS goes 170 ~ 110 in maps which result sometimes in a little bit noticeable lag. Even though I have 144hz monitor and V-SYNC turned on for some reason it still doesn't just cap at 144 fps. But that's going off topic here.

I am assuming you guys are playing those super juiced up extreme density maps where you get these FPS drops? I see it on alot of peoples streams and youtube videos. My maps ain't that super juiced so I can't really speak for that, I would assume my system too would effected.

Different builds, different content, different MTXs, different RIGs. Everyone who is saying that game runs in some way only talks about a very narrow window.
The game need some configurable benchmark to settle these endless disputes.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
I agree that we really need some better graphics settings that can be adjusted for things like projectiles.
I too have been having some performance issues this season. (Partially because of my heavy projectile build.)

It is strange that I remember this game actually running better 1-2 years ago, then it is now. Since they began preparing for POE 2, the performance seems to have degraded.
(To be fair performance has VASTLY improved since the Beta.)

I also don't believe it's my computer.. but correct me if I am wrong..

CPU: AMD Threadripper 3970X 3.7 GHz 32-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus ROG ZENITH II EXTREME ALPHA EATX sTRX4 Motherboard
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB Founders Edition Video Card
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 128GB (8 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C14Q2-128GVKA
Hard Drive:
(3x) Samsung 860 Evo 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
(1x) Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
(1x) Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Case:
Cooler Master HAF 932
Cooling: IceGiant Prosiphon Elite CPU-Kühler
(6x) Nidec Servo Gentle Typhoon 68 CFM 120 mm Fan
NZXT Sentry Mesh 30W Fan Controller
Power Supply: EVGA T2 1600 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Last edited by King_Yoshi on Apr 10, 2024, 2:21:55 PM
"
Sadaukar wrote:
It's the highest end of the highest end consumer GPUs on the market. It's not supposed to be bought by everyone just to play current games.

How do you know? Did NVIDIA personally revealed some secret insights to you? 4090 is GAMING videocard, it's not TITAN series or Quadro. Everything below 4090 is proned versions of the base model. It is intended to be consumed by the gamers to play videogames on PC. If you buy 4080, 4070 etc you automatically handicap yourself with comfort level by reducing effectively your in-game performance. This is how this works. Also you definetly underestimate the PoE demandings.

As I told you can brag or complain here about the bad PoE performance playing on "fresh and actual" EXTREME Ultra OC 4060, MEGA TURBO DDR-4 32 GiB RAM, FASTER THAN LIGHTSPEED i5 2700K, HYPER-MEGA GTX XXX (more X means more FPS) IDE SSD 10 MB/m and 3'5 Floppy Drive but you can't deny the fact, the game changed.

Want to play the game - buy gaming hardware, not proned, limited, lighted or whatever versions. Or reduce your graphices setting to 1080p or 720p. Problem solved.

"
Sadaukar wrote:

So whatever their problem is, it has nothing to do with their GPU being outdated or they needing to upgrade their PC every 1-2 years. (hilarious)

Moreover I bet they are playing PoE on office operating systems like Windows 10 or 11, it can be another issue.
"
cursorTarget wrote:

"
Sadaukar wrote:

So whatever their problem is, it has nothing to do with their GPU being outdated or they needing to upgrade their PC every 1-2 years. (hilarious)

Moreover I bet they are playing PoE on office operating systems like Windows 10 or 11, it can be another issue.

Office operating system? What operating system do you think PoE is optimized to be played on?
My rig:

Ryzen 9 3900x
64GB
1tb M2 drive (970)

I get weird pauses for loading something either audio or visual. Not rubber banding as once the asset is loaded everything is fine. However first loading or at some random interval a new asset is loading the pause is back.

Which is a killer in HC. You can't be certain when the game is going to want to load a new asset, pause and you die.

That's DX12. In Vulkan the game just crashes randomly so I don't use it. DX11 has the opposite problem where it seems shaders or texture updates take a very long time to load.

Not sure if this is new behavior as I haven't played a league since 2022. But that's how it was this league.
"
marfjuhhh wrote:

This is the most reasonable comment I think I've ever seen on this topic. Someone who explains they don't suffer from the same experience though don't juice. Also explaining they've seen streamers experience it. What a breath of fresh air.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
King_Yoshi wrote:

CPU: AMD Threadripper 3970X 3.7 GHz 32-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus ROG ZENITH II EXTREME ALPHA EATX sTRX4 Motherboard
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB Founders Edition Video Card
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 128GB (8 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C14Q2-128GVKA
Hard Drive:
(3x) Samsung 860 Evo 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
(1x) Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
(1x) Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Case:
Cooler Master HAF 932
Cooling: IceGiant Prosiphon Elite CPU-Kühler
(6x) Nidec Servo Gentle Typhoon 68 CFM 120 mm Fan
NZXT Sentry Mesh 30W Fan Controller
Power Supply: EVGA T2 1600 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Even though it's Zen2 I'd love to see some PoE benchmarking on that 32-core. Multithreading really helped PoE's performance when it was introduced, though the game still heavily relies on single-core performance. So, it would be a great comparison. It just wouldn't be fair as you're not really doing a side-by-side comparison when you can't slot a threadripper into a non-threadripper setup. When you upgraded to a 3080Ti, you must have felt like a god with that rig.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info