Overall Game Perfomance state - and why GGG is in silenced mode about it?

for me it all looks like loading issues. loadings take way more time then they should and it also has a major hiccup every time it loads new things within a map.

first time casting my rotation and syndicate poppin in will also do it shortly.

and im on a pretty fast kingston fury m.2

it's slightly worse every league lol

this league i also had to buy void dd and void desec for better smoothness.. didnt feel great.

maybe there's no "fixing" it and thats why chris/jonathan/erik all sold out 100% of their shares. no more hope here kekw
Last edited by teksuoPOE on Apr 10, 2024, 4:25:48 PM
Your PC must be awful. That's not on game devs.
i'd be willing to consider this if threads about performances didnt reach 10 pages :P

maybe your standards are just too low /shrug
"
Please stop with the ridiculous trolling. It only hinders a proper discussion.

I am not. You think nothing changed, but PoE is not trash game made in the garage like it was in 2011. It's modern beautiful and astonishing ARPG which requires a lot of system resources. Want to play modern and well-looking games on high res - buy gaming hardware. Easy.

"
You built a Mustang on steroids, with nitro injection and turbo

With mediocre performance per core and old DDR4 memory. Sure...

"
Silverpelt wrote:

Office operating system? What operating system do you think PoE is optimized to be played on?

ArchLinux for example. Windows is for offices and enterprise. Or if you're completely unexperienced user. There is no reason to use bloatware for gaming.
VK supported natively, DX12 via WINE / Proton.
Last edited by cursorTarget on Apr 10, 2024, 6:07:05 PM
"
cursorTarget wrote:
It's modern beautiful and astonishing ARPG which requires a lot of system resources.

LOL

"
cursorTarget wrote:
ArchLinux for example.

LOL
"
cursorTarget wrote:

"
Silverpelt wrote:

Office operating system? What operating system do you think PoE is optimized to be played on?

ArchLinux for example. Windows is for offices and enterprise. Or if you're completely unexperienced user. There is no reason to use bloatware for gaming.
VK supported natively, DX12 via WINE / Proton.

As far as I know, Linux isn't an officially supported to play PoE.

You should go to the PoE Linux forum, or discussion, since this is a PoE on Windows discussion and not many people to know how to use Linux to play games...

Btw, Linux is not a gaming OS. Windows is.

Oh, wait I'm an inexperienced user. I forgot.

Last edited by Silverpelt on Apr 10, 2024, 9:10:04 PM
"
Because GPUs are literally many times faster than CPUs at handling mass calculations?

That statement is highly innacurate. It depends on what calculations do you perform, how parallelizable is your algorithm and if you have a bottle neck with the bus communications with the vram and between the gpu and the ram. Even having several if statements in your code can complete broke the gpu performance because gpus have 1000 cores but are shit cores.
In gpu you are running de same code in many cores, you cannot have several threads with different programs running in parallel. In cpu you can have one thread for important task, like inputs and another threads running in the background with lower priority. In a gpu any calculations myst be performed between frame rates. Do something slightly wrong and you are f*

I have seen people making simulations in gpus because it is the fancy new way and then running the same simulation 10 times faster in a cpu. They start with a barebone algorithm and run very fast, but when it grows to something serious the performance drops faster than an SpaceX rocket.
They are still people running heavy computations in python and because it is too slow they say, why don't we run in a gpu? I heart they are fast.. Ok...
Last edited by Frostball73 on Apr 10, 2024, 7:32:36 PM
Recently updated my old workhorse of a PC I've had for almost 10 years. It was an old i7 paired with a 1070gtx when that stuff was new and shiny. Now I've got an i5 paired with a 4060ti. Old PC never had a problem with PoE, new one didn't either till this patch. Fired up the old one, and it was pretty unplayable. I see the arguments about PC hardware and stuff, don't care. Both PC's did handle PoE great, now they don't. Ain't a problem on my end. Please fix your game GGG.
"
"
Frostball73 wrote:
"
Because GPUs are literally many times faster than CPUs at handling mass calculations?

That statement is highly innacurate.

Says the guy writing:

"
Frostball73 wrote:
In a gpu any calculations myst be performed between frame rates.

Man. I was programming GPUs to solve fluid simulations for aeroespace since the times if the physX while you were playing wow. I am coauthor of some those GPU gems articles of Nvidia
Last edited by Frostball73 on Apr 10, 2024, 8:14:26 PM
What is the point to develop your own render if not for having an astonishing performance, taking advantage that it is an isometric game and it is mostly dungeons, zombies and fireworks, even running smoothly in a mobile phone.
For a game that requires a Nvidia 4090 I would rather use Unreal or Godot.
I want to see 100 zombies burning and blowing up, not fancy light reflections.
Last edited by B00b on Apr 10, 2024, 8:31:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info