3.24.0b Hotfix 2

There is absolutely no way for them to retroactively fix this problem and leave it fair for all parties involved.

Of the options that were available to them, not leaving people getting 50 divines a map is better than leaving it in the game for a sense of fairness.

Leaving them in the current state but making it reliant on map completion would have been better, but also significantly harder to incorporate (and probably thus leaving the status quo in place for another day or two, further dividing haves and have nots).

Yes, there are now a tonne of people with a ludicrous advantage in the league. Yes, it sucks that you and I aren't there. No, it's not something that can be fixed. No, people are not going to be rolled back for playing the game as it existed to be played. Get real with this crap.
"
arenajfreak wrote:

As a parent, and a home provider, who can't play 24hrs a day, my only way to protest is not playing the rest of this league.

relatable, this game is now devolving into a degenerate gambler's fantasy

instead of encouraging me to try weird mechanic interaction to base a build on, it's focused more on who's spinning the slot machine or abusing a mechanic faster/earlier.

busted abyss last league, busted map device this league

grave crafting is also almost solved and people are printing 6T1 rares, and it's not even a week in.

perhaps, PoE has indeed lost its vision TM

feelsbadman
player agency, where?

"do you guys not have phones?" - blizz 2018
"do you guys not have 2 monitors, 3 overlays, 4 discord, 5 websites, 6 loot filters?" - ggg or smth 2024
"deal with it" - ggg, 2024
Last edited by iParadoxG on Apr 4, 2024, 9:34:41 AM
"
raVyoli wrote:
nice so you let all the streamers and nolifers get a big advantage dropping 50+ divs a map and now you nerf it for anyone who cant play 24 hours a day

First time?
"
Tusk_Luv wrote:
Oh my, you reminded me why I stoped playing PoE in 2020.

Imagine someone working, then on the way home reading about awesome Divine orb mod in maps and also Seer appearance. He's thinking "oh nice, I felt league was boring somewhat, as If almost no changes from Standard, can't wait to roll some maps and try that Divine orb mod people talked about". He comes back, rolls maps, then again, again - and nothing. It's already nerfed in less than a day. In a small patch-note sub-patch B. "Well, I guess i'll just skip this league then".

Don't know why you make such a big difference between people who 24/7 no-life abuse every bad balance you missed in the game and people who just want experience fun league. And target here is to ruin the fun.

Can't make everyone happy. I think this change is the best they could do quickly and I'm glad GGG did it. Others are gonna be pissed they missed out.

Also kinda funny you haven't played POE since 2020 and yet here you are commenting on a post about a change in a "small patch-note sub-patch B". Makes me think maybe you are exaggerating about something. Which make me disregard most of your post.

Anyways, its a game, right? If you haven't played since 2020 this doesn't affect you at all and you can continue on with your day!

;)
"
raVyoli wrote:
nice so you let all the streamers and nolifers get a big advantage dropping 50+ divs a map and now you nerf it for anyone who cant play 24 hours a day

Quin patch quinXD
"
We have reduced the amount of the more common Scarabs and significantly increased the amount that rare and more interesting Scarabs drop. There are a few exceptions to this where some of the more powerful Scarabs have become rarer.

??????????????????????????????
Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition, is followed by madness.
"
Kross0m wrote:
"
arenajfreak wrote:
"
danteafk wrote:
Do a rollback then

Economy is already fucked

Or they could stop trying to work in two separate games and do a good job in at least one of them.

this. GGG proved that they cant do more than one thing at the time.

edit: why did you deleted my last message? watch out guys, admins are deleting every message that are against them.

upvote
"
Tusk_Luv wrote:
Oh my, you reminded me why I stoped playing PoE in 2020.

Imagine someone working, then on the way home reading about awesome Divine orb mod in maps and also Seer appearance. He's thinking "oh nice, I felt league was boring somewhat, as If almost no changes from Standard, can't wait to roll some maps and try that Divine orb mod people talked about". He comes back, rolls maps, then again, again - and nothing. It's already nerfed in less than a day. In a small patch-note sub-patch B. "Well, I guess i'll just skip this league then".

Don't know why you make such a big difference between people who 24/7 no-life abuse every bad balance you missed in the game and people who just want experience fun league. And target here is to ruin the fun.

Exactly the same feeling + group players farming 5 mirrors each group per day which is silly, it scales up prices based on the high end. I stopped believing that GGG is ever testing anything, they just put random numbers to live test it during the league. Last Epoch is destroying this crap in terms of having fun from playing.
No-Lifer here (the first and sometimes second week of every league).

I absolutely hate this slot machine Divine Fishing. I'm absolutely disgusted by it. I absolutely LOVE this game and love playing it. Getting hyped every league, playing non-stop for the first week. But this league has been the worst so far. Normal drops have been nerfed to the ground. Can't sustain your favorite maps even with 4 void stones and 11/12 favorite map slots unlocked, unless you specc into all map points and use cartography scarabs. Up until this league, you were at least able to SUSTAIN your favorite maps without investing into them. Not talking about selling oversustained maps, really only sustain. Even if you juice your maps (tried Deli + Beyond, Expedition / Harvest / Harbinger, with added mirrored rare monster packs and stuff). Bubblegum currency drops are at an alltime low.

And now this... playing the slot machine in the hideout, getting 30+ divines per Map without even running maps... I'm sitting at ~120 div overall, including scarabs, essences and all bubblegum currency, without having abused the slot machine. And i played almost 24/7. You wanna know how i got that currency? Rog crafting. Simple as that. 2-3 rare drops like the Healthy Mind Jewel, but ~80% came from Rog crafting.

The thing is... making frog pack size smaller and making the Div stuff rarer just punishes players who didn't abuse the slot machine. I think the mod itself was fine. I also don't get how NOBODY at GGG thought about how this could be abused. I mean, you have all the numbers: the percentage how often that modifier can appear, the final chance buffed by quantity and the number of mobs, so you can easily calculate how many divs can drop per map, how many maps it takes to get that modifier and all. Did nobody even THINK about calculating how many maps you have to input to get that mod on average, the time it takes to open a map and then open another one, and how many Div mods you can get per hour that way, multiplied by the lowest amount of Divs you can get like that each map?
really lucky that there's not a decent competitor, every league start has way too much broken bugs and exploits since long years

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info