Account Moderation Changes

So RMT cartel did in fact have influence over ggg lmao.
Ok this is a idea but... I hope the current moderation throught muting will also be adjusted then? There is plenty of people reporting mute (sometime for years) for posting numbers, or ascii pictures like toucans. A global chat mute from that wasn't an issue, but if its now also basicly a total trade ban, its definitly not the same. Also, pretty sure its possible to auto-mute someone by spamming report, this is gonna be abused like crazy.
Last edited by Thorcall on Feb 6, 2024, 10:52:11 PM
I think it is the best part of Void maps - rename a character to something edgy and void with big splash in chat. Maybe obvious RMT, like promoting websites, should be muted. But I don't like the fact that character names are now monitored.

If character name was allowed to be created on a starting\rename screen - it should be allowed to be displayed in ingame chat. I love getting these messages with random funny names.
This is incredibly painful for people that have pre-existing multiple year long mutes for stupid shit like spamming toucans, it just bricks their account.
Trade ban is an extreme worsening of the punishment.
Will there be an equally extreme improvement to the quality of moderation?

If no, please reconsider. You can't just elevate every chat mute to a trade ban as a blanket. That kills the chat. If you want to kill the chat just kill the chat, so new players aren't subject to trolls ruining their account.

Edit: And what's the plan for people with existing permanent mutes? Are they forced to make a new account to trade?
Last edited by Kingdweeb on Feb 6, 2024, 10:41:09 PM
but what about le toucan
I feel like this will be abused but I guess we'll see what happens.
I'm currently serving a 10k hour chat ban.

the fact that the ban counter never resets is asinine. the duration of every new ban is double that of the previous and over the course of 10+ years playing, one slightly offensive comment gets me banned for thousands of hours.

GGG figure your shit out.
Banning from PM and trade access is an extreme and terrible decision.
More extreme measures for void chat abuse? Yeah sure, idk what you really expected from the beginning when you introduced name changes along with void messages. seemed like an obvious and visible abuse thing.
I thought Wraeclast was a perilous and dangerous place. Now we soft af soyboys policing chats out here OMEGALUL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info