Jonathan and Mark Tavern Talk VOD

"
Daxgalex wrote:
"
Do what you said you'd do with the two end-games.

talk about that please or better yet do it.

I am very glad that will not happen

Well no offense but if your profile is correct you joined in 2023 so the damage was already done by then, Perhaps your opinion might differ a little bit had you been here since say 2013 or maybe you'd be saying the exact same thing as you are now.

We'll never know now.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Jan 8, 2024, 9:01:59 AM
I think it's required to be direct as Ghazzy is when talking about issues.
Showing off his frustration about things like minion and visual clarity only proves that he really cares about it. I'm sure both Jonathan and Mark knows this as well.
You value passionate feedback positive or negative, because that comes from people who actually care about your product. This is why most let's say blizzard interviews are ass because if you can't talk about what's wrong the way you feel about things in a civilized manner then it's not an interview but a vlog or something.
Dear Neon,

Why did you kill the Labyrinth?

It has been stable content for 10 years. But someone came up with a great idea to smear him with shit. The question is WHY? Why break something that worked great?

Do you have a plan to restore him to his former strength? Or are you glad that you destroyed content that you didn't create yourself?

Did you need more freedom to create? But why destroy something for that?

Please don't tell me you wanted to shake up meta. Because you have only made a league in which it is pointless to play in anything other than TS MF(just like in the last 10 leagues). The whole game revolves around mf builds and disfigures it. It no longer makes sense to focus on other builds if all the currency is now concentrated around mf builds. Are you happy about this? Is this what the game should look like?

I just want to ask you - did killing the maze have any significant consequences for improving the variety of the game? Did the maze interfere with this before? So much so that it had to be destroyed? There aren't many really exciting secondary content in the game. And the maze had its own niche, why did you decide to neglect the minority for the sake of the majority who need everything for free and right now? What is the point of the game if all the items will be obtained without a grind? Isn't that the point of it?
Last edited by InescapableDoom on Jan 8, 2024, 10:03:26 AM
"
dago_ wrote:
Ghazzy is painful to listen to.

yeah not a fan.
"
27esk wrote:
"
dago_ wrote:

yeah not a fan.

iirc talkitive tri mentioned in his coverage that ghazzy was antagonistic.

imho thats a good way to not get interviews in the future.

i m pretty antagonistic to poe devs on the forums but at the very least theyre not forced to address me and could just have ignored everything i've had to say. lol.

really wish they had more vids on improving poe1 tho.

i really like the new semi ascendency we're getting.

[Removed by Support]
"
exsea wrote:
"
27esk wrote:
"
dago_ wrote:

yeah not a fan.

iirc talkitive tri mentioned in his coverage that ghazzy was antagonistic.

imho thats a good way to not get interviews in the future.

i m pretty antagonistic to poe devs on the forums but at the very least theyre not forced to address me and could just have ignored everything i've had to say. lol.

really wish they had more vids on improving poe1 tho.

i really like the new semi ascendency we're getting.

If selecting only sycophants, then you won't know the true issues of your game which require fixing.

If they want to pull a PR stunt, then either approach would work. Honesty and being able to react to constructive criticism without dodging or making things awkward about it, is very important and I think Mark and Jonathan did a really good job keeping cool and adressing all those issues earnestly.

Honestly I have no idea why there's so much negativity about Ghazzy. Like someone mentioned earlier, he showed passion for what he loves and showed them smiles when GGG did what they do best: directly adress said issues and think of possible solutions.

Kudos to all participants, I enjoyed the interview a lot and whilst a little critical about PoE2 and the speed at first, this interview removed my remaining doubts.

I never felt so sure about a game redefining the genre anew.
Arian Synthesis of G3
Wish they would publish a brief summary after the interview. I really cannot be bothered to listen to 2+ hours of people talking just to pick out the couple of points of info that I might actually be interested in.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info