Maximizing SRS Damage

"
Zrevnur wrote:
Ok, they got too much DPS...

Haha :D

Nah thats not it. If you summon 20 SRS, all of them supported by splash and they attack the same pack, then a lot of those hits will overlap and hit the exact same mob even tho they didnt even attack that specific mob but someone else nearby. This is a very common scenario.

Lets assume for the sake of the arguments 10 SRS would deal overlapping hits or attack the exact same mob and those 10 initial hits outright kill the mob, then they´d still hit 2 more times each for no reason.

Another common scenario is this:
The mob they are attacking simply moves away. SRS cant bodyblock or taunt, so if you dont have any other minions doing just, then this happens frequently.
And your SRS would still attack 3 times, even tho their target moved out of range after the first attack.

If you combine those 2 scenarios you´ll spot SRS headbutting into the air dealing zero dmg quite often. Given the low base duration of 5sec means that even a Necro with some duration usually wont scale the duration significantly past 10sec.

1sec is almost always wasted on traveling and if they end up headbutting the air for another sec then you lost already 20% of their duration effectively dealing zero dmg. Thats not a giant issue but its annoying for sure and its easy to avoid. Well not net the traveling but the pointless attacks can be avoided.
That's interesting, didn't know that thanks! One of the suggestions was for awakened melee splash - isn't that not worth it because SRS doesn't benefit from the +1 strike skills? Or am I misunderstanding?
Awakened multistrike would grant each SRS one additional attack.
Great for bossing, even worse for mapping :)
Awakened splash 5/20
Supported Skills have 10% increased Area of Effect
Supported Skills deal Splash Damage to surrounding targets
Supported Skills deal 37% less Splash Damage to surrounding targets
Supported Skills have 72% more Melee Splash Area of Effect
+1 to Level of Supported Strike Skill Gems

splash 20/20
Supported Skills have 10% increased Area of Effect
Supported Skills deal Splash Damage to surrounding targets
Supported Skills deal 40% less Splash Damage to surrounding targets
Supported Skills have 57% more Melee Splash Area of Effect

Awakened give you a bit more area and more damage (or rather smaller penalty), since it is very cheap, I think it is worth it
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Jan 1, 2024, 6:40:06 PM
So a mirror dropped lol, I shit you not! Been upgrading what I can and still have like 350 divs. See any other upgrades lol?

/e And thanks for that explanation!
Last edited by neo1987 on Jan 2, 2024, 7:04:09 PM
Congratz on mirror!

I wouldn't use Mageblood on SRS as it will lower your dps by quite a lot.

I will quote Orbaal, as this is really good recommendation:
"
Orbaal wrote:
If you really wanted to splash some cash, buy an ilvl84 minion dmg cluster (12 pointer ofc) and roll 35% inc effect plus 3% minion atk speed.
Doesnt matter what else you roll, thats just a bonus.

But it has to be 35% inc effect and 3% atk speed to hit the min threshold needed to upgrade the 3% to 4% atk speed. The more minion atk speed you have the better, because it allows your minions to stack more poison.

If you want to push rest of the gear further, I would craft gloves with 55%+ minion attack dmg, life and spell supp and whatever else you need (with minion essence
) and higher implicits exarch/eater.

You could use eater/exarch on boots, for more regen/movement speed and try to roll veiled movement speed+chill avoidance (to do this, slap exarch influence highest, eldritch anull, lock suffixes, use veiled chaos orb, lock life with craft, unveil).

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Jan 3, 2024, 4:35:21 PM
"
Nomancs wrote:
Congratz on mirror!

I wouldn't use Mageblood on SRS as it will lower your dps by quite a lot.

I will quote Orbaal, as this is really good recommendation:
"
Orbaal wrote:
If you really wanted to splash some cash, buy an ilvl84 minion dmg cluster (12 pointer ofc) and roll 35% inc effect plus 3% minion atk speed.
Doesnt matter what else you roll, thats just a bonus.

But it has to be 35% inc effect and 3% atk speed to hit the min threshold needed to upgrade the 3% to 4% atk speed. The more minion atk speed you have the better, because it allows your minions to stack more poison.

If you want to push rest of the gear further, I would craft gloves with 55%+ minion attack dmg, life and spell supp and whatever else you need (with minion essence
) and higher implicits exarch/eater.

You could use eater/exarch on boots, for more regen/movement speed and try to roll veiled movement speed+chill avoidance (to do this, slap exarch influence highest, eldritch anull, lock suffixes, use veiled chaos orb, lock life with craft, unveil).

Thanks! And thanks for the advice too! I went ahead and made a bunch of changes and did a lot of work on making POB accurate. I really love mageblood because it adds so many defensive layers and a massive speed boost + stats I need. What belt is going to be worth trading out for mageblood you thinking? I'm also noticing my full dps is at ~12.5m, which is nowhere near the game's DPS cap of 35m DOT DPS, so what else could I do to get higher? I'm under the impression SRS can hit the cap, no?

https://pobb.in/q6Jj4-cbaHLI

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Damage_over_time#DoT_DPS_limit
Managed to figure it out - turns out I had POB set on uber pinnacle boss and it was showing ~12.5m, but when I set to normal monsters it's almost 60m, so wayyyy above the DPS cap. So I guess my damage is practically capped, is that right?
"
neo1987 wrote:
Managed to figure it out - turns out I had POB set on uber pinnacle boss and it was showing ~12.5m, but when I set to normal monsters it's almost 60m, so wayyyy above the DPS cap. So I guess my damage is practically capped, is that right?
"Less damage taken" supposedly comes before the cap. And resists come before that in the damage application order IIRC. If true then "the cap" depends on the monster. Wisp empowerment supposedly gives a "less damage taken" as does Delirium and Uber bossiness.
(I dont have a good source for that so better do your own research if you want to be sure.)
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
very high rolled Darkness Enthroned would be best for dps in my opinion and difference will probably be quite big BUT if you feel better mapping with Mageblood, just stay with it.

I worked to squeeze in aspect of the spider to further increase enemy dmg taken and slow them down - but thats just my choice.

I think from now on it is just maxing out your rare gear and abyss jewels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info