Development Stories - Creating Affliction Lore

Absolutely love the theme and voice acting of the King in Affliction league.

I enjoy PoE lore quite a bit and I wish league (lore) was more fleshed out and touched upon in later patches.
I feel like there's so much more that can be told with certain leagues; one of them being Scourge league. The Last To Die (Alva?) was intriguing and then that's the last of her/that league.

Love the Harvest tie-in as well in Affliction.

Wish I got into voice acting years ago when people told me I should do that and be on the radio...
Interesting backstory to the most juiced league ever!
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
how can any one care about the lore? i mean i cant get the currcery to have good build to have fun and i cant have fun why would i care about the lore?

Colour dust make things harder, blue dust make things drop better, sometimes <-- thats the only lore i can care about.
MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.
Really like the dark and spooky vibe

Very Cool
Its been a blast, I love the atmosphere, loot and characters in it. Looking forward to spending many more hours in this League.
Thank you for the Amazing work, Matt and team! The new ranger voicelines tying into the Wildwood were a nice surprise too, I was not expecting this league to be lore heavy after ToTA just spoiled us, but please keep it up!

Love how each expansion lately explores different parts of the lore too, and in doing so ties to one of the player character too.
I was honestly surprised just how happy it made me when the Warden of Eaves greeted me in Gaelige. Made me feel at ease instantly, a safe haven in the dark woods. Great job on the theming this league!
The last few leagues have been absolute gems in terms of lore. We've learned so much more about Wraeclast's cultures and the foreshadowing for PoE2 is exceptional. Keep up the good work, Matt and crew! My one criticism is that TotA and Affliction put a ton of the lore dump right when you meet the new NPCs, which I feel started to bore me by the end of it and also interrupted the flow of playing the game at league start when I stopped to listen to everything. I think if more of the lore was spread out over the campaign, it'd be more consistently engaging.
nice
"
Offfit wrote:
Creating affliction loot buff, see that party abusers get anomolous amount of currency, shadownerf it.
Solo players.....

Oh u sure?
Last edited by powner1985 on Dec 26, 2023, 5:32:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info