Ebony Tornado Shot MTX is the reason for significant performance degradation over time.

My previous bug report about the degrading CPU performance issues, confirmed by multiple players: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3455575/page/1#p25173107

Reddit post suggesting the solution: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/18jfpu8/tornado_shot_mtx_causing_massive_performance/

My results after testing the solution (UNEQUIPPING Ebony Tornado Shot MTX):

"I tested it in 6 in a row juiced maps, with beyond, some deli, going full wisps in the beginning.

Previously, with Ebony Tornado Shot MTX equipped: significant fps drops after ~3 maps. Hideout FPS drops to 30 in idle state, CPU latency goes up from initial 6ms after fresh login to 29ms after just a few maps

Without Ebony Tornado Shot MTX: I was able to clear 6 maps without any problems (besides regular FPS spikes because screen f**kery). After I was done with the maps, CPU latency was still at 6-7ms, which is what is expected."

Last edited by NoIDontThinkSo on Dec 15, 2023, 10:55:03 PM
Last bumped on May 10, 2024, 3:15:47 AM
Same Problem, unequipping Ebony MTX worked for me as well. I hope GGG can do something about this.
same problem for me
Same issue here.
Omg it was the MTX all along. I thought its the servers (which are on fire) but it was mainly the MTX.
Also same issue with the pink crystals one, not just ebony TS.
Same issue.

Funny thing is: I praised the performance after the last league (when they "upgraded" the engine). Then swapped from Lightning Arrow to Tornado Shot and wondered wtf has happened over a timespan of 2 days for my performance to be that lack luster.

Some guy in Twitch Chat dropped this and now my CPU is on 3ms frametime at every occasion.

Pls GGG .....
Same thing here , removing TS mtx (Ebony or Crystal(the ones i own)) doesnt make the cpu latency going higher every map.
Give this man whatever he wishes.

Thank you so much, I was getting mad and almost gave up after I have tried every fix from the various other threads and it´s just the unobtrusive MTX from the Tornado Shot.

GGG let this man swim in Divine Orbs and drop him a Mirror of Kalandra in the next 24h!

THANK YOU EXILE!
bump
same problem here. now im only using celestial mtx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info