Let us disable Annoying sounds in town

omg yes, I just quit the game when I need to be in a town where a player with this item idles

I guess this is what you buy when you want attention, and anything that sells is cool for GGG apparently
I turn off my speakers when I hear it. Annoying every time.

We really need a menu option to turn off MTX sound. Forcing us to see (and more importantly load) other people's flashy visuals is one thing, but forcing us to listen to their sounds as well is next level. It crosses a line that shouldn't be crossed.
Yeah these MTX sounds are beginning to kill my joy too... I love the league but omfg are these MTX sounds getting too much. Please add an option to turn off MTX sounds. Hell even make one for visuals too! Make more people happy!
Literally ran a virus scan thinking this obnoxious noise was some sort of adware. It's terrible. Get rid of it. Or at least have a way to disable having to hear it.
New player and I have to say, having to hear all the annoying Goblin Troupes and the other annoying sounds of MTX's when I'm trying to listen to an NPC about the lore of the game (for the first time), it makes me lose the immersion of the path of exile world and often times I just go watch KittenCatNoodles lore videos after I finish an act because I can't stand sitting in town anymore...
"I care naught for riches, little for friendship. The duel is all I need. I may be an exile, but I will carve a road back to Oriath, one foe, one victory at a time. Ill fortune may have banished me to Wraeclast, but I will live to hear them scream my name in the great arenas again"
"
Rabbitx0 wrote:
New player and I have to say, having to hear all the annoying Goblin Troupes and the other annoying sounds of MTX's when I'm trying to listen to an NPC about the lore of the game (for the first time), it makes me lose the immersion of the path of exile world and often times I just go watch KittenCatNoodles lore videos after I finish an act because I can't stand sitting in town anymore...

Yeah this is when it sucks the most. I'm an older player but it had been years since I did a story playthrough so I decided to listen to all dialogue this league. Everytime those idiotic goblins start making noise, it ruins it.
"
Miathan51 wrote:
"
Rabbitx0 wrote:

Yeah this is when it sucks the most. I'm an older player but it had been years since I did a story playthrough so I decided to listen to all dialogue this league. Everytime those idiotic goblins start making noise, it ruins it.

yeah same :(
"I care naught for riches, little for friendship. The duel is all I need. I may be an exile, but I will carve a road back to Oriath, one foe, one victory at a time. Ill fortune may have banished me to Wraeclast, but I will live to hear them scream my name in the great arenas again"
Lol!

I did my part.

They are even more fun when you die. =)

EDIT: But seriously, even though these goblins make me chuckle every time I hear them it IS rather strange that there is no way to turn off those sounds exclusively. There is that void one which is quite loud.
Last edited by triggerhippy on Jan 14, 2024, 10:14:22 PM
As a returning player, the massive disconnect between these and the feel of the game is absurd. Couple that with them being tied to the only volume slider I don't set to 0 makes this a deal breaker.

I can't claim to be some hardcore player, but I bought my stash tabs and a few support packs like everyone else has. The difference was that my MTX doesn't make people regret considering coming back to the game.
"
Psifour wrote:
As a returning player, the massive disconnect between these and the feel of the game is absurd.

It really is, and it makes you wonder what on earth the devs were thinking. Did nobody who worked on this or approved this realize what it would be like to actually hear that sound in game? I find that hard to believe. They really dropped the ball on this one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info