time for 20% death penalty

"
Nomancs wrote:

Since when hardcore or ruthless are 20%?

Spoiler

I smell trolling but okay. Hardcore is 100% - one death and you're pushing daisies in standard. And in SSF or SSF+ruthless good luck making one of these glass cannons with DPS somewhat equal to trade, hehe.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
1% per challenge - cool idea. problem is - people, the same people - will just switch to that ONE build that is safe and still pretend 'game ez, moar challenge plz'

i never saw someone playing offmeta who asks for such things. it is always people with the same couldnt-lose-even-trying build(s)

play something less auto-pilot (have you tried hottest thing of this patch - melee ignite?) and maybe then ask for 20% or whatever penalty :). dont be shy, there is so much build diversity to explore

btw - how to make aspirational content right? DO NOT tie tangible rewards to it.

any content that happens to drop absurdly powerful content is not 'aspirational'. not in a game that allows creating one-dimensional character just to farm the f.. out of that content

the moment GGG moved awakened gems and other rewards away from regular sirus and maven ubers stopped being 'aspirational'. there is NOT A SINGLE REASON to farm regular pinnacle bosses.

lets not forget that some of these rewards are completely busted making 'regular' items look like beta times
"
dW2005 wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

Spoiler

I smell trolling but okay. Hardcore is 100% - one death and you're pushing daisies in standard. And in SSF or SSF+ruthless good luck making one of these glass cannons with DPS somewhat equal to trade, hehe.

I do smell it too, but Ill bite - HC is still 10% exp penalty, and no, Im not interested in ssf nor ruthless or hc, Im interested in core softcore temp league
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Oct 10, 2023, 7:36:19 AM
"
Nomancs wrote:
"
dW2005 wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

Spoiler

I do smell it too, but Ill bite - HC is still 10% exp penalty, and no, Im not interested in ssf nor ruthless or hc, Im interested in core softcore temp league

thats a you problem i guess
want to be punished more? go play hc
"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019
Again - not interested in one life, rather want -20% exp on death as I consider it healthy for the game

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Nomancs wrote:
Again - not interested in one life, rather want -20% exp on death as I consider it healthy for the game

too good the penalty is considered healthy since it was changed to 10% down from 15%
also i think no one want to have less fun in the game only because some elitist think they need more challange.
the hardcore mode is made for people specifically like you,
20% exp on death wont happen
see ya
"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019
Well, times change, I think 20% is a good change to have more fun and less glass cannons.

if you want 20% - after your char gets killed, just die another time. voila, -20% and you didnt even need to download a patch. restartless hotfix, just for you

"
sidtherat wrote:
if you want 20% - after your char gets killed, just die another time. voila, -20% and you didnt even need to download a patch. restartless hotfix, just for you

Good one, but that will not fix glass cannons, so it would have to be global

100% xp loss wouldn't fix glass cannon, it would only shift when people go all out on it.

Deleveling might, but there would be about 10 players left in SC if they added that as everyone would hate it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info