time for 20% death penalty

need dmg rebalance
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Looks like someone has odds of getting their wish... See 50% event.

(Which I wont be playing. As its only SC trade = no interest.)
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Gonna have to disagree on this. We should not be incentivizing leveling services further by making it the safest way to level and avoiding 20%+ exp dips.

GGG can nerf 5way rotas all they want, but players will simply continue looking for the next best method. They kill 5ways, everyone will start doing blight maps. They kill blight maps, they move to Sanctum. Sanctum dies next, they do mapping. There's no way GGG would nerf exp gains in mapping and piss off literally everyone who doesn't do leveling services.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
Gonna have to disagree on this. We should not be incentivizing leveling services further by making it the safest way to level and avoiding 20%+ exp dips.

GGG can nerf 5way rotas all they want, but players will simply continue looking for the next best method. They kill 5ways, everyone will start doing blight maps. They kill blight maps, they move to Sanctum. Sanctum dies next, they do mapping. There's no way GGG would nerf exp gains in mapping and piss off literally everyone who doesn't do leveling services.

They could easily damage leveling services to the point of them getting low usage by killing party XP. Just making it so that XP per monster is the same with party and is divided by party members. So in party of 5 you get 20% of solo. Very simple mostly-fix of this.

Disclaimer: Not promoting the 20% or 50% or whatever - to me 10% is roughly the same as 50% ~= I dont care.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Hope GGG is testing higher penalty with events. Bump
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Nomancs wrote:
Hope GGG is testing higher penalty with events. Bump

Probably has nothing to do with a regular course of the game though.

Event progress is not voided this time? You can trade, you can group so it doesn't seem to be SSF even. Most likely just to make the event ladder more challenging and harder to get free MTX's, especially for those who aim only for those.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
"
y3lw0rC wrote:
Most likely just to make the event ladder more challenging and harder to get free MTX's, especially for those who aim only for those.

We would have ssf only if that was the case because the events don't get any harder even with a 50% death penalty. It's just some concept testing for PoE2 or even just something for the next league. Could also be just for ruthless which is again nothing but early PoE2 alpha testing.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
Pashid wrote:
"
y3lw0rC wrote:
Most likely just to make the event ladder more challenging and harder to get free MTX's, especially for those who aim only for those.

We would have ssf only if that was the case because the events don't get any harder even with a 50% death penalty. It's just some concept testing for PoE2 or even just something for the next league. Could also be just for ruthless which is again nothing but early PoE2 alpha testing.

Maybe some concept for PoE2, or maybe they will build a league around higher penalty somehow with some crazy idea. I doubt though they will just blatantly smack more death penalty out of nowhere without reason. But very likely that it's just for the event.

Also, SSF wasn't planned initially it seems and added later. If you will read the forums there was an outcry about not having SSF in the events. And then it happened. So the 50% idea came before as probably some form of penalty for party play/trading. Nevertheless, with 50% penalty SSF or not, it is still harder to get those levels since half XP lost on death... Takes longer if you die, you need to be more careful = more challenge.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Nov 7, 2023, 12:04:38 PM
Not even one week into the league and already lvl 97 without any rotas, 5ways or any other carries. GGG LEVELING IS TOO QUICK, 20% EXP ON DEATH PENALTY!
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Nomancs wrote:
Not even one week into the league and already lvl 97 without any rotas, 5ways or any other carries. GGG LEVELING IS TOO QUICK, 20% EXP ON DEATH PENALTY!

There are people in HCSSF at 100 already. Maybe it’s time for you to move there or, if you think you’re not good enough for HC, to Ruthless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info