FPS Locked on Dx12 or Vulkan Renderer

[Removed by Support] I also encountered this problem on a good pc. Yesterday played at 100 fps no problems. Today came in lock 20 fps no more or less . About 16xpci does not matter (screenshot attached). GG solve the problem
Last edited by Whai_GGG on Jan 8, 2024, 5:32:57 AM
The funny thing is that I had this once a week ago and it was solved by restarting the computer)))) . Now it's happening again, only now nothing's working.
Updated: spamming alt+tab helped me.
"
bilibull wrote:
Update for those having this issue still.

It seems is being caused by the PCIe bus lane speed. For some odd reason, after the engine update, if you are still using the x8 1.x speeds, it will no longer work with the new changes.

So in case you are running an SLI setup with lower due to mobo limitations or have a mobo that cannot support x16 3.x speeds etc, then you will get frame capped.

I forced my GPU slot to be in x16 lane and it no longer caps at DX12.

Hope this info helps someone out there.

This solution helped me. I downloaded GPU-Z to monitor how many PCIe lanes my GPU was using. When it would boot up and use x8 4.0 the ingame fps would be fine, but sometimes for whatever reason the PC would boot up at x2 4.0 or x4 4.0 and that would cap my ingame FPS to 30 and 80 respectively. This explains why sometimes restarting the PC would fix the FPS limit.
I then moved my M2 SSD from the slot that shares PCIe lanes with GPU to standalone slot and i have no problems because my GPU works at x16 4.0 every time i boot up the PC.
So solution would be to either move GPU or M2 SSD to slots that dont share PCIe lanes.
Hope this helped.
I'm updating this thread:

TLDR;
Spoiler
Issue is indeed malfuctioning connection/dust on socket GPU or/and pins which causes GPU to work under 2x or 4x, rather than 16x. Another issue could be a loose connection on cable that powers up GPU.

I was also having this exact same issue. I download GPU-Z, checked BUS INTERFACE and indeed it was working at x2 3.0. Another google search on this issue revealed that it is cause by dust accumulating on pins in GPU, so i unscrewed disconnect GPU from MB and carefully cleaning socket and pins with isopropyl alcohol then run a test with case open and effectively as i run GPU-Z again it was working at x16 3.0, then i just had to run PoE and fps were back to normal again.

In my case i have B365M Pro VDH which is a M-Atx so no way to switch socket for PCIe.

Specs:

Spoiler
Intel Core I5 9400F
B365M Pro-Vdh
MSI GTX 1660 Super EVO OC
16GB Crucial RAM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info