Will the Crucible League go Core?

"
Echothesis wrote:
Injecting mass of overpowered legacy items on purpose is very bad decision for any arpg, if there are no ways of crafting those items. TFT syndicates will buy them all and raise their uber content farming to new heights, while majority of players get nothing at best (it can be worse though, because loot and difficulty may be rebalanced again, around the players who have all the currency in the world to buy and run legacy items).

As always, glad to see how you guys care for standard players.

-----------------------------------

Well, they wont be buying my one prize of a Terminus Esh 6L. I'll be happily abusing that in Standard for a while.

Just keep in mind that not everyone elects to play league, therefore they are choosing to miss out on opportunity.
"
good. dont forget to nerf nerf explody totems and other op stuff to the ground before they go to std. ty

You can re-read the post again: the only thing is gonna be nerfed is exploding totems.

GGG doesn't care about other stuff which will help rich people get richer in STD (as if they truly care of STD)
"
Echothesis wrote:
Injecting mass of overpowered legacy items on purpose is very bad decision for any arpg, if there are no ways of crafting those items. TFT syndicates will buy them all and raise their uber content farming to new heights, while majority of players get nothing at best (it can be worse though, because loot and difficulty may be rebalanced again, around the players who have all the currency in the world to buy and run legacy items).

For one, this has been the way it is for 10 years now with overpowered legacy items. Second, the majority of players that obtained these, won't step foot in Standard. I go to Standard to test new builds before league launches, that is about it.

I would be interesting to know the player count of Standard only players. I mean, we know that Standard is always going to have a busted economy due to leagues rolling in on a regular basis.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
To be honest i didn't like the mechanic at all regardless how overpowered the resulting weapons are.
By the muscular golden arse of Innocence! -Kirac
"
Echothesis wrote:

It rewards people for grinding. There is no grind in standard. Having the ability to create massively overpowered items is for people willing to put in the time and effort to do so. There are plenty of std players that come to league to make stuff they want in std when specific leagues come out. Having bazillions of starting currency to instantly make top tier of every brand new thing is the unfair stance imo

aw i really liked my bow. it was such a great addition to my dex stacker build, the extra 30% dex sure helped getting me to 29 totems.
"
NebSehemvi wrote:
"
good. dont forget to nerf nerf explody totems and other op stuff to the ground before they go to std. ty

You can re-read the post again: the only thing is gonna be nerfed is exploding totems.

GGG doesn't care about other stuff which will help rich people get richer in STD (as if they truly care of STD)

You look new here, IT DOESNT MATTER what they say on posts. THEY ALWAYS LIE about what's gonna be nerfed or buffed (buffed probably nothing) like Guardian or Chieftain rework which ended being useless once again.

Expect a handful of lies and NEVER TRUST anything GGG says. They only want your money at the start of every league, one week later when hype is down, they abandon the league.

Remember to hit GGG in the wallet, dont purchase the first week.
Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 4 > Diablo > Torchlight > Titan Quest > Grim Dawn > Diablo Immortal > Path of Exile 2 > Path of Exile.
"
cdas wrote:

aw i really liked my bow. it was such a great addition to my dex stacker build, the extra 30% dex sure helped getting me to 29 totems.

good day, as someone that love dex stacking(only because of hollow palm), i got curious about some things if you could answer, homw much dex did you had? do you use shapers touch to get a lot of max health or a rare gloves/other unique gloves are better(asking this just because it would be a dream to be able to use it as hollow palm)? and do you summon all 29 totems for uber bosses (i imagine only a few its enought for maps) or the 29 its just for the 50% bonus for each maximum summoned totem? and do you use the +2-4 cold damage per 10 dex?
Glad it's going, I really didn't like this mechanic at all.
The game has enough RNG in crafting already, more layers of it are not needed.
why nerf only the explode totem? nerf everything else too? This is ridiculous. People are spending time to get/craft their one-time-opportunity items.

Mid league you do nothing about it. then at the end you announce that you gonna cherry pick what you will be nerfing...

This is absolutely propostrous. There always have been broken items in STD. You are just going to nerf explode totems because a lot of players have that over power as it was easy to craft the skill tree for it.

IF you gonna nerf Explode totems I want from GGG to admit! like: "We are nerfing this over-power because a lot of players have access to it. And that's the only reason"

Ridiculous really. Just ridiculous. This is not even a player versus player game. It'S player versus environment. I don't get the effort to nerf some stuff just so other players who don't have would not feel bad about it. This is exactly what's going on really.

+Plus GGG cannot play the card that "we want build diversity" the totem explode thing cannot be duped. And it gets boring pretty fast too. They can't say that everyone in STD will switch over to explode totems mirroring some bows and everyone is going to play it lol. The concept is dusgusting and not visually satisfying either.

My two cents: if you gonna introduce a one time opportunity to players. you should make sure to not touch that opportunity after the league ends. You should've adjusted mid-league so that players would drop the build if it was so heavily nerfed that was made unplayable at all.

Also you claiming that the trees will stay after the league ends makes no sense if you gonna change or kill whatever was made possible by those trees. Oh yeah they will stay but as a memento. As something that you can hang on your wall and stare at it and not be able to use it ever again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info