ExileCon 2023 Recap

LOGIN
LOG OFF LAGGY GAME
I'm not jealous at all.
Can I get an answer from GGG please

I really want to know who thought it was a good idea, and why, for the demo to show off PoE2 in the worst way possible?

Edit- I also very much want to know why Chris has been saying for 4 years that PoE2 will fix everything for PoE1 when Jonathan said it was early on that they decided PoE2 was going to be a separate game?

The overwhelming amount of negative feedback could have been eliminated if GGG also had an appropriately geared character for people to play in the demo.

The game play didnt affect my negative outlook on the game, instead it is all the "features" that are coming to PoE2 that I think are terrible design choices.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Last edited by Chameleon on Aug 2, 2023, 5:22:25 AM
The first photo...

Zizaran after a year in Russia
We got it: its become clear that PoE II = ruthless 2.0, and it was its ad company.

In result seems alot of playersbase not rly interested in poe2 anymore. Was that intentional?

Thanks for clarification tho!

Last edited by DarkJen on Aug 2, 2023, 7:06:14 AM
Watched the whole thing over the weekend. Amazing work GGG, especially the items panel and the one with Alexander!

Looking forward to Exilecon 3 (next year??) and PoE2 next year.
Separating PoE and PoE2 is one of the greediest moves i've ever seen in a company, you had your huge update planned and it was going to bring PoE back to life, finally getting rid of most of the useless core content we have now which reduces the poor optimization the game already has and lags heavily.

But you decided to LIE again to your community and now you will have 2 different games, just to keep milking those whales, one with poor nerfed content and one slow AF.

You had the chance to take the throne back when Diablo IV messed up in the last patch but you keep digging ur own grave spitting in your community. Even Diablo IV at its current state is still better, IMAGINE how bad the situation must be at GGG.

Lies and smoke everywhere untill closed beta in mid 2024, Diablo IV still has room for improvement.

Post cant get censored.
Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 4 > Diablo > Torchlight > Titan Quest > Grim Dawn > Diablo Immortal > Path of Exile 2 > Path of Exile.
"
Riverwind77 wrote:
Separating PoE and PoE2 is one of the greediest moves i've ever seen in a company, you had your huge update planned and it was going to bring PoE back to life, finally getting rid of most of the useless core content we have now which reduces the poor optimization the game already has and lags heavily.

But you decided to LIE again to your community and now you will have 2 different games, just to keep milking those whales, one with poor nerfed content and one slow AF.

You had the chance to take the throne back when Diablo IV messed up in the last patch but you keep digging ur own grave spitting in your community. Even Diablo IV at its current state is still better, IMAGINE how bad the situation must be at GGG.

Lies and smoke everywhere untill closed beta in mid 2024, Diablo IV still has room for improvement.

Post cant get censored.

My dude, I've been playing poe 1 since 2016. I've seen how this game grew over the years. Poe 1 reached a point that no amount of balancing might save it, it became a meme. There's no way for them to make any meaningful changes due to the power creep that was implemented. Packs explode in less than seconds sometimes when you reach the endgame, even weak builds are clearing screens so fast all these trash mobs feel irrelevant. Then we are moving to maps at unthinkable speeds so they have to add visual clutter to the screen or death on effects in way to kill us.

The only sensible way is to start from scratch and slowly add power creep to poe 2. I love this game and ive basically only played poe since 2016 but this game became a joke with all the power creep. It's time to start anew and rethink what a new ARPG should be and hopefully that's poe 2 going on a new direction and new systems. Even with the way poe 1 was going I've never stopped supporting this company because I knew that eventually the would see the mess that this game would become and poe 2 would be a fresh start and thank the heavens it is. Now they can keep the craziness of poe 1 alive for those that want it and start fresh with a new game. You are being overly dramatic here for no reason and falling to see how this is the best decision moving forward for both games.

Also comparing D4 to Poe was clearly a joke right? That game has no depth. Me and so many others quite before we even reached lvl 80 because of how shallow and nonexistent is their endgame. They are in completely different universes. Even with all the issues I said above poe is still in a league of it's own.
Last edited by Xijek on Aug 2, 2023, 8:25:34 AM
Anyone complaining about 1 and 2 being split needs to calm the f down.

Also more gamers should care about being in good physical shape, be like Tie23. Don't be some complainer Andy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info