Path of Exile: Crucible Console Launch

"
Any news about a cast on walk for consoles(molten shell, vortex) ?

I don't think they'll ever put something like that kekw
Alan Leonardo Piovesan
"
Sarno wrote:
"
Id1eRace wrote:
Thanks for letting us play 5 days later on console. D4 is a console first game this time around. Imagine if Blizzard made PC players play 5 days after console.

I mean, it’s not like Valve has update certification requirements the way Sony and Microsoft do. Consoles getting updates later means they were released ASAP and the console manufacturers were doing their obligatory testing malarkey. PC getting updates later would be GGG deliberately holding back patches for no reason; there’s nothing that would inherently necessitate that.

If the world was a logical place, you’d be complaining to Sony and Microsoft because they introduced delays for updates on their platforms. Or do you think PC players should be made to wait, too?

What are you talking about this league took 4 months to get released. There is no reason league does not start the same day on PC and console.

I am thanking GGG for this so I don't level a character and get him to red maps to find out how big of a turd this league is. Saved me 20hrs of wasted play time.
"
Id1eRace wrote:
What are you talking about this league took 4 months to get released. There is no reason league does not start the same day on PC and console.

Yes. And, since (desktop) release, they’re still working on instance crash fixes, client crash fixes, balance passes… if you’re arguing it’s been finished for a while, it clearly hasn’t been.

It isn’t finished now.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on Apr 11, 2023, 10:31:57 PM
Path of Exile: Crucible will launch on consoles at Apr 13, 2023 12:00 AM (GMT). Downtime will begin for deployment at approximately Apr 12, 2022 9:00 PM (GMT). These are displayed in your local time.
maybe this year "2023"?))
"
Sarno wrote:
"
ALTaup wrote:
Yes.
At least for the sake of hotfixes.

I’m not sure I understand… you’re saying if GGG e.g. fix a client crash, anyone playing on PC shouldn’t be able to download the stability improvement until it’s also available on console?

If that is what you’re advocating for, would you mind elaborating on why?

Pause for 5 days = testing the game for 5 days; if the game is released on PC 5 days later (simultaneously with consoles), then we can avoid the problems that PC players suffer now, but which console players will avoid at launch.
No?
"
ALTaup wrote:
Pause for 5 days = testing the game for 5 days; if the game is released on PC 5 days later (simultaneously with consoles), then we can avoid the problems that PC players suffer now, but which console players will avoid at launch.
No?

Five days later than what?

How would console players avoid anything?

Like, the issue is that we're effectively beta testing the patch. If PC players get it five days later, GGG starts getting bug / crash reports five days later. Console players won't avoid anything, because you'd be getting 3.21 rather than 3.21 HF 8. No reports, so no fixes.

If you decide "oh, actually, those hotfixes are important - I want those" well, you've just recreated the status quo of console players waiting longer than PC players for a league to launch.

You can't combine a simultaneous PC / console launch with console players, at launch, getting bug / stability fixes based on the testing playing of PC players performed after the league launched.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

"
Sarno wrote:
How would console players avoid anything?

April 7 - developers release an update, April 7-12 - developers properly test the update, as a result, on April 13, players on PCs and consoles receive all the necessary hotfixes and we can avoid current problems or, for example, infected maps that do not work at the beginning of the Blight League.
Approximately.
Last edited by ALTaup on Apr 12, 2023, 4:42:35 AM
"
ALTaup wrote:
April 7 - developers release an update, April 7-12 - developers properly test the update, as a result, on April 13, players on PCs and consoles receive all the necessary hotfixes

What does "release an update" (April 7th) mean if nobody gets it until April 13th?

Leagues are usually launched every 3 months. For Crucible, we waited 4 months. You're saying everything would be different if they had an extra week for testing. They had an extra month for testing. They still needed community input to find and fix things.

----

"
Sarno wrote:
"
ALTaup wrote:
April 7 - developers release an update, April 7-12 - developers properly test the update, as a result, on April 13, players on PCs and consoles receive all the necessary hotfixes

What does "release an update" (April 7th) mean if nobody gets it until April 13th?

Leagues are usually launched every 3 months. For Crucible, we waited 4 months. You're saying everything would be different if they had an extra week for testing. They had an extra month for testing. They still needed community input to find and fix things.

It's very frustrating.
Not sure if you'll read this in time but I was wondering since us console players patiently waited a few days longer than PC players for the crucible league of maybe we could get some kind of compensation for being a few days behind. Yes PC might get upset but at least console won't be blaming PC having extra days for the entirety of the league lol. Just a thought thanks for reading have a great day!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info