The Forbidden Sanctum FAQ

Just out of curiousity, not asking to change anything or such...

What is the main reasoining behind a Vaal Skill? Some clearly are intended to shine for clear, whilst others are mainly useful during bossing and others just all-rounders? - I know some are meta-defined by now but you hardly see them as main skill anyway to be used during mapping as the normal version is often considered quicker.

(Mainly talking about melee as I only used those in the Non-new ones)

Eg:
- Vaal Cleave, clear as it won't be very useful during pinnacle bosses as it is "on kill" (don't change this to oin hit as well, would be overpowered and then always be used);
- Vaal Volanic Fisure, is clear wise as well as it travels to random locations;
- Vaal Caustic Arrow, seems clear as well;
- Vaal Flicker Strike, unsure if it can hit same target multiple times, if so, it is all-round;
- Vaal Smite, All rounder as it gives higher things on hit anyway;
- Vaal Molten strike, as it is stated same targetcan be hit multiple times, I would say All rounder;
- Last two are unknown for now (Blade Flurry and Venom Gyre)

Non-New vaals:
- Vaal double strike, shines during bossing;
- Vaal Glacial hammer, no clue if anyone uses this, so no clue which area it shines - I haven't seen a usefulness (yet) either;
- Vaal EQ, felt like an all rounder;
- Vaal Anc Warchief, felt like mostly used just before boss to boost dmg;
- Vaal Cyclone, not sure, shines in clear as a lot of bosses are unmovable?;
- Vaal Ground slam, shines for clear I suppose;
- Vaal Blade Vortex, All rounder;
- Vaal Lightning Strike, shines during bossing;
- Vaal Reave, shines for clear as it will inc AOE;

Either way, I would love to see train of tought on the decision to make something mainly shine for clear and/or bossing?
Last edited by Wieze on Dec 4, 2022, 6:05:48 PM
"
PurpleChakra wrote:
rip wardloop. another fun build heavily impacted by the jewel changes.

otherwise, thanks for the faq

*whispers* will still work and do great. but don't tell anybody else

=)
So you guys are just ignoring the fact that you keep on making the melee archetype annoying to play? why remove the 30% range on attacks targeting additional enemies, what was the thought process behind that? other than making an entire archetype feel worse to play, seems like all you guys focus on lately is how to make every single build in the game feel worse...

I don't know if my reply is already too late to be seen by anyone but id like to commend the team for this level of communication.

It's been the first time I've seen GGG respond to a matter such as the state of seismic trap or the eventual handling of an MTX in POE 2.

Given that the last few leagues have been rather irritable to say the least this goes a long way to generate trust and show things from the developers perspective.

well done, hope the launch goes smoothly.
"
KaseyM21 wrote:
"
ivchekal wrote:
"Your resolve is impacted less by attacks that you're close to, so melee characters can have an easier time."

So if there are ranged monsters attacking you in a room from far away, melee is fucked... Very well thought out guys...

They already said all monsters in the Sanctum are unique. Meaning they are like map boss fights. You aren't going to be pelted by a bunch of mobs.

I must have missed that, thanks for the comment.
Well , if ggg is going to touch seismic trap i will just skip the league .
I have planned already the skill tree , and practiced a bit.
Maybe it is time to buff of 80 % another skills instead destroy the rest which give some fun ?
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
"
What happens if I crash while in The Forbidden Sanctum?

When you play your next map you'll be able to replay the same room you were up to. Aureus coins and rewards are only locked in upon successful completion of a room.

Isn't that kind of abusable though? Won't the meta just become to logout on low resolve when you're getting towards the end, so that you can try again for little risk?

Don't get me wrong, it would be awful for you to lose an entire run in one of the last few rooms due to a crash. I can just see this being a way to cheese the system. Not that I can think of a better solution.
"
CAHelix wrote:
"

When you play your next map you'll be able to replay the same room you were up to. Aureus coins and rewards are only locked in upon successful completion of a room.

Isn't that kind of abusable though? Won't the meta just become to logout on low resolve when you're getting towards the end, so that you can try again for little risk?

Don't get me wrong, it would be awful for you to lose an entire run in one of the last few rooms due to a crash. I can just see this being a way to cheese the system. Not that I can think of a better solution.

Logically this would make most sense:
Damage sticks, same as death. Thus logging out purposefully can at best avoid a skill you could have used a movement skill to avoid. So a disconnect could leave you losing half a room progress but with less resolve. In other words, less punishing than death, but not free from punishment.
"

"

I mean, that's what people already do on HC, logout when you're about to die. From what they said resolve attacks should be telegraphed so there's not gonna be a lot of need for it but when you take into account that you're gonna have to go to next map to retry, and it's not gonna be good if you have to run 5 maps for each room. May as well try and go for the next run
"
Can we have colour-coded monster mods back?
We are looking into it and are keen for your suggestions/feedback on the readability of monster mods.

Please give loot filter the option to edit it. Just give the mods numbers so that loot filter can target them:

Show # $monster->mod->10
SetFontSize 45
SetTextColor 100 0 122 255
SetBorderColor 100 0 122 255
SetBackgroundColor 255 255 255 255
Icon 0 Red Square

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info