3.20 Balance Manifesto: Eldritch Altars

QOL with upgrading scarabs - nice
I wonder will Map Boss Passive Atlas Skills be tuned down,change position or be only apllicable for non influenced maps - having them near EoW tree would make SE kinda weak in beginning of league
Can't wait to run logbooks or heist, yes!!!!!
The problem wasn't that these altars are too rewarding. The problem is everything else sucks so this is the lesser of the evils. Guess I'll always run Maven now in hopes of an awakened gem (although most of those are worthless since you nerfed them into the ground)
"
Robredo wrote:
While I understand and like the reduction in use and difficulty to altars the last thing PoE needs after 3.19 is less loot. Gutting extra packs by up to 2/3 is already a big hit then reducing the loot even further with the rework should be compensated by a overall loot increase as well - unless you want to further nerf loot for no reason.

Those 20 lesser ichors an hour you were getting at max juice were far too profitable. Not allowed.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
nice!
If I understood this manifesto correctly, GGG considers boss-rushing to be a self-sabotaging gameplay strategy. Thus, this strategy got nerfed for altars.

My question is this: then why keep the Maven invitation farming the same from a mechanical perspective? Nerfing altars and buffing map bosses under Maven will simply make people who did boss rushing with altars move to boss rushing with Maven.

So is it just that for altars specifically that boss-rushing wasn't intended, but for Maven it's ok, or am I misunderstanding?

As a side note: When I read Maven changes, I was immediately hoping for some sort of system change where clearing a map somehow buffs up the map boss to incentivize running more of the map and not just bum rush to the map boss...
I don't even know what any of this means, I only run Maven lol
IGN: HarroHarbinger
nice one!! love it
Any chance we're getting a UI update for the altars as well?

It can be very taxing to try to read them in combat, especially for builds where certain mods basically destroy you.

There are also tons of instances where altars and other mechanics are stacking on top of each others interfaces and are super clunky or even impossible to read.
oh look,changes that ain't shit,that's a surprise.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info