3.20 Balance Manifesto: Monster Mods and Archnemesis

"
Zebedin wrote:
"
Obamanizer wrote:
so fucking magic find full parties will still drop 70 divines while the normies will only get 4 chaos..... Done with GGG

yep, they aint changed shit xD

only now you wont see wich mob is touched by divines :D
mf groups will not give a fuck and get fat loot, while we solo players can get fucked :)

That's just false and not how the system is working. the system heavily favors solo play. There is a reason why all the loot complaints came from 6-person groups.
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

U just spent FOUR lines of text to specify what ONE single AN mod did. How u guys thought that was fine pairing with 4-5 other mods with other 4 lines of text to describe its effects? Maybe i can go back to play the game now without having a random one shot from off the screen.

Finally
Finally
nice revert Exalt and Div now please and the next league is looking to be promising. Give us more crafting options and end-game alternatives and POE is saved.
"
#InChrisWeTrust #MakeWraeclastGreatAgain

#ad
I do not trust your ability to balance or what you are saying, honest feedback.
"
MartinUlik wrote:
idk if I understood the change in the rewards correctly... last season where we knew which mod was going to make the "loot explosion", now we don't know, because is hidden... So, we continue depending on being lucky to find the "hidden mod" that gives a good reward, and now the difficulty of
not being able to maximize the reward for not knowing which mod generates it. I can't believe it, is it worse than before?

they said they are adding more rewards, and not knowing is a good thing, it spreads out the loot spikes across all rares instead of just god-touched, rare farming will still be good.
"
mindcontroler wrote:
The game is either going to get absurdly easy now, or this just a "we changed the Archnemesis modifier naming pattern to actually showing on the enemy what bonuses it's getting".

Think about it:
You get a monster with Incendiary, plus some random white text below it's name. In the current patch, this means that monster has 6 lines of buffs (all the different shit from Incendiary) plus whatever is in white under it.

From their post, this LOOKS like it's telling you "a monster that had Incendiary will now have only ONE buff perfectly described in it's place", plus whatever it could have in white already. Which would make mobs disgustingly easy again. And I feel like this isn't the direction they were trying to go since Archnemesis was first implemented.

I think a better read of this post is "a monster that previously had Incendiary will now have ALL those Incendiary buffs outlined clearly under it's name".

And seriously, at this point, weren't we already used to the Archnemesis tags? I think a much better solution by now would be removing SOME of the buffs those tags gave them, removing the most problematic Archnemesis modifiers (draught-bringer, the permableed one), and revise the the loot accordingly.

And just as a big PSA, they told us NOTHING about how this change will affect loot. If this goes as it looks, this means monsters are about to get absurdly weak, which would spell what for loot? Even shittier drops?

I don't know man, I'm holding my horses for this one. The Jewel Manifesto was good, but this one looks a lot more problematic for the overall health of the game.

Yeah because archnemesis was great for the health of the game, as shown over the past 6 months......... and 842398 patches of tweaking it which finally lead to this one which practically removes it.
HC balance should be separate from SC I don't care which outdated 1993 game dev philosophy this goes against. youtube/twitch.tv/DESPAIR268

REVERT SUNDER :) REVERT SEISMIC CRY :) REVERT IMPALER :) REVERT GAME :)) MAKE DUALWIELD GREAT AGAIN :)
Good riddance.
HC balance should be separate from SC I don't care which outdated 1993 game dev philosophy this goes against. youtube/twitch.tv/DESPAIR268

REVERT SUNDER :) REVERT SEISMIC CRY :) REVERT IMPALER :) REVERT GAME :)) MAKE DUALWIELD GREAT AGAIN :)
#MakeWraeclastGreatAgain
https://twitch.tv/divineslight
So you still have to build around rarity, unless you just like to find 5% of what a rarity build can farm

Last edited by butthead96 on Nov 16, 2022, 5:01:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info