Announcing Ruthless

Personally i think this sounds amazing. I might suck at it of course, but that's not the point.

If you don't like the option; don't play it. Surely that's simple enough to understand.
Last edited by Jordanic on Nov 3, 2022, 7:16:48 AM
Most items being normal instead of magical just sounds like absolute masochism for no reason lol.
Riverways will claim many exiles
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
Absolutely love the announcement.

The only thing that doesn't feel great is the removal of movement skills. I understand the vision, but can't stop thinking about the "feel like the early days of Path of Exile, just without desync." line. Movement skills still were a part of those early days. I'll never forget how Torr Oglosso leap slammed me during the first days of Anarchy. And how I tried to whirl my blades away from him.

It would have been cool to add some version of movement skills for Ruthless, maybe with 5-10 sec unmodifiable cooldown or smth. To make them into sort of emergency buttons.

Having said that, I havent been so hyped about PoE since the addition of 6 new acts!
DoA mode.
May flourish for a league of two.
Most fun you'll get out of this is watching streamers if anyone commits to it.
Remove Archnemesis!
ok
Hmmmmm yes the floor here is made out of floor
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
BearCares wrote:
Will you disable Energy Blade? Because I imagine it will directly violate your core Ruthless principles especially on an Inquisitor.

The current plan is to keep Energy Blade but due to the nature of Ruthless, it's harder to get Energy Shield.

But still several orders of magnitude easier to gear than everything else will be from the sound of it. Especially considering that flat ES is on the tree. ANd if you take energy shield you can spend your ultra rare currency on defense, completely ignoring your weapon, and while increasing defense also increase offense. I think you will end up disabling it. But if you don't, that's fine, because energy blade would be my first choice for a Ruthless character build. ;)

I'm specifically talking about using it for spell casting as I think melee version of it would have an appropriate amount of trade offs considering how much ES you lose and the need for accuracy and which side of the tree ES is on.
Last edited by BearCares on Nov 3, 2022, 1:33:31 PM
This sounds intensely stupid and unfun.

On the plus side, everything that sucks about POE in current year makes a whole lot more sense to me now. The people at GGG who think this kind of aggressively punishing, "screw players on purpose" gameplay experience is fun enough to spend time developing are the same people making all the other decisions about the rest of the game.
and you know what? after few weeks, less than one thousand will remain playing this mode, that's a waste of resources, just to please some streamrs.
Will be nice to see Streamers playing it not for a causal like me though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info