Gman's 3.21 Chieftain Strength Stacker Consec Path / Volcanic Fissure Totems [80 Mil+ Pinnacle DPS]

Great guide!
I think I'll give warchief version of this build a try this league. That 100% totem buff and activation range sounds nice. I think you put con of scion is: no reflect immune, but once you get awakened ele attacks(pretty cheap usually), you gain reflect immune.

Do you notice for bosses or big enemies that Ancestral warchief+multi instead of earthbreaker+concPath in 6link is much higher DPS? Maybe it doesn't matter once you scale your damage so high though. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

I've been using ascenendant str stacker vaal ancestral warchief build since scourge on HC(idea was to farm blighted maps safely), I never tried crit(might try crit in 3.20) and only use defensive auras to avoid ailments. I have almost 2400 str as ascendant(8200 hp with chaos res rings, around 7mil DPS :( )

Character died but PoB is here: https://pastebin.com/C5HKNb0B
Not sure how to set pob to have 4 ancestral warchiefs and 1 vaal ancestral in damage.
"
FitchBucker wrote:
Great guide!
I think I'll give warchief version of this build a try this league. That 100% totem buff and activation range sounds nice. I think you put con of scion is: no reflect immune, but once you get awakened ele attacks(pretty cheap usually), you gain reflect immune.

Do you notice for bosses or big enemies that Ancestral warchief+multi instead of earthbreaker+concPath in 6link is much higher DPS? Maybe it doesn't matter once you scale your damage so high though. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

I've been using ascenendant str stacker vaal ancestral warchief build since scourge on HC(idea was to farm blighted maps safely), I never tried crit(might try crit in 3.20) and only use defensive auras to avoid ailments. I have almost 2400 str as ascendant(8200 hp with chaos res rings, around 7mil DPS :( )

Character died but PoB is here: https://pastebin.com/C5HKNb0B
Not sure how to set pob to have 4 ancestral warchiefs and 1 vaal ancestral in damage.

The awakened ele does indeed give us reflect immunity, you're right about that. The immunity to fire damage chieftain gives does really help versus some bosses though (e.g. allows us to use totems to completely block uber searing exarch balls, negates 1/3 of the dmg from shaper beam, completely negates phoenix). Scion might well be better for hardcore in that it may be able to get more defenses, I have not given it a look.

I dont put ancestral warchief in the 6l ever really for two reasons:

First because I find the totems moving around greatly helps with bossing. Since if you put a totem down on the edge of your range the totem can move by itself to hit the boss instead of you risking getting closer to the boss yourself. This also ensures 100% dps uptime.

Second because the damage change isnt actually very much. Consecrated path has a higher % effectiveness of added damage, which is incredibly important with the flat damage we get from brutus' lead sprinkler. It also has a 20% more damage modifier "at close range", totems are always in close range. Additionally consecrated path has attack speed as a quality option which does help us.

youre also right that when your damage is high enough you wont notice it very much.

Crit gives a real nice damage boost to the build over the non crit variant, since your hits do such big damage that crit multiplying them is a really noticeable oomph.

egg
"
Ksakep wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/zgaw7d/the_dawnstrider_unique_boots_can_drop_from_the/

Are these new boots good for this build? xD

The limitation on one ancestor buff immediately kills these boots for the build.

Even if that limitation wasnt there it probably wouldnt be worth sacrificing the huge strength boots would give us.
egg
Do you know if running Dread Banner allows your totems to impale?
Anyone have tried volanic fissure? Not sure if you can double dip the proj/strength scaling.

As a side note; this build ridiculously cheap to leaguestart this time. Crown is dirt cheap this league; crown + sprinkler is 7c combined...
No matter what i try it does not let me have 3 conc totems with warchief + protector.
"
plaguefear wrote:
No matter what i try it does not let me have 3 conc totems with warchief + protector.

the DPS setup is 3 consec path, one protector and one VAAL ancestral warchief. I never put down my normal ancestral warchief because it does not have the +1 maximum totems modifier that vaal ancestral warchief has. Plus vaal warchief is up pretty much all the time so no need for the normal one.
egg
"
Nihilum12345 wrote:
Anyone have tried volanic fissure? Not sure if you can double dip the proj/strength scaling.

As a side note; this build ridiculously cheap to leaguestart this time. Crown is dirt cheap this league; crown + sprinkler is 7c combined...

I'm gem swapping consecrated path to volcanic fissure for bosses and it feels like it doubles my dps when I do so.
"
Omigawd wrote:
"
Nihilum12345 wrote:

I'm gem swapping consecrated path to volcanic fissure for bosses and it feels like it doubles my dps when I do so.

I will need to test this when I have more free time but by the sounds of it this new skill sounds amazing!
egg
doing this but with meatballs instead and its working out well. the damage is annoying when bosses move and you get slapped by spells. wish I could have spell block and suppression.

Currently at 1,524 strength. can't really see a way to progress to hit 1700 from here. I have 10% from timeless aswell.

Using charged mine to generate frenzy and power charges. not sure what best corruption on brutus is though.

\]
Last edited by cheelos on Dec 12, 2022, 3:44:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info